PDA

View Full Version : New Set up dec 2010

dantheman91
21-12-2010, 11:19
:cool:Hi

Just a couple of changes i have the great quad 33/303 combo = superb other then that not much has changed oh and also got a new hi-fi rack. ps sorry for the really bad quality pics they have been taken with a webcam lol:lolsign:

Dan

Alex_UK
21-12-2010, 11:47
Very nice - you've moved too, or just a different room? (Or decorated?) The rack should be a better option than the wooden unit you had before (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8237) and the Quad 33/303 combo looks lovely too.

Are you still contemplating a wall mounted turntable support at some point for the Rega?

dantheman91
25-12-2010, 10:42
Anyone Else:lol:

DSJR
25-12-2010, 11:34
Looks great - and merry Christmas to you :)

Those speakers are intended to be angled in a tad (if you can tolerate the appearance this way) and I'd be inclined to bring tham forward a little. I can't remember of BOTH Quad items invert the phase, thus keeping treu absolute phase at the speaker terminals, but try it and see. I also would suggest powering the two Quads independantly, rather than one from t'other. less convenient, but the internal mains wires aren't the most substantial out there, although fine for the tuners. It's easy enough to pull the 303 mains plug out, or even put a two pole switch in the feed as it runs on two core wiring, the chassis earthing being done via the signal lead.

That rack looks fine to me, although I favour the Something Solid ones (Radlett Audio [hifi dave], Deco Audio-Aylesbury and Signals-Ipswich sell them. The Rega wall bracket works best for their decks and can be easily adapted for any other deck later on if necessary.

dantheman91
25-12-2010, 11:45
merry christmas DSJR i will try this i have a separate mains lead for the 303 i will try this during the week i will turn the speakers in and move them forword thanks for the advice.

Dan:cool: