PDA

View Full Version : Oyaide weights

Aron
19-12-2010, 14:53
Hi,

Just got my KAB Technics 1210 and currently using the standard rubber mat and KAB clamp. I'm interested to purchase an Oyaide mat with their weight but dun know if I should get the heavier STB-HW or lighter STB-MS.

My setup:

Turntable - KAB Technics 1210m5g/ isonoe footers/ KAB PSU/Denon DL304

Phono - Naim superline/ Naim hi-cap2

Amp - Naim Uniti

Speakers - Dynaudio Focus 110

Help appreciated! :)

colinB
19-12-2010, 15:16
They look like very different designs and the heavier one has no damping material.
There is a thread somewhere on the site where one forum member ( i think it as Martin) experimented with different weights on the Technics and found the heavier the better.

MCRU
19-12-2010, 18:59
I would say the lighter one will be fine, it weighs 440g if I remember, I did weigh it the other day for some one else, it is quite heavy actually when you have it physically in your hand. Must say the pics do not do it justice, I am sure Marco will agree is is a work of art as is the mat.

Get my SL1210 next week all being well, got a set of isonoe feet, a quality piece of craftsmanship.

How much shipping do they charge to send it over here if you don't mind me asking?

I sent an Oyaide mat the other day to the USA and it only cost £30 UPS Express!

Aron
20-12-2010, 07:31
I would say the lighter one will be fine, it weighs 440g if I remember, I did weigh it the other day for some one else, it is quite heavy actually when you have it physically in your hand. Must say the pics do not do it justice, I am sure Marco will agree is is a work of art as is the mat.

Get my SL1210 next week all being well, got a set of isonoe feet, a quality piece of craftsmanship.

How much shipping do they charge to send it over here if you don't mind me asking?

I sent an Oyaide mat the other day to the USA and it only cost £30 UPS Express!

Hi,

We have a local dealer in Singapore for Oyaide so I can save on the shipping.

The mat goes for £170 before discount and the MS weight is £155 before discount.

Tarzan
20-12-2010, 18:00
Got the dealers name mate?:eyebrows:

MCRU
20-12-2010, 18:12
Hi,

We have a local dealer in Singapore for Oyaide so I can save on the shipping.

The mat goes for £170 before discount and the MS weight is £155 before discount.

Yes I have bought bits and bobs from Singapore myself and still do, obviously not Oyaide though! £170 for the mat, £35 shipping and VAT/import duty equals about what I sell them for here.