PDA

View Full Version : Living in a council property

Rare Bird
17-12-2010, 10:45
Is anyone a council tennant? It's hell enough living were i live but it's the council themselves thats getting up my back..They continuously coming saying they have to check this, that & the other, we want to rip your plastic windows out even though you had new ones 4 years ago, but sir one of those doesnt have double glazing! So what i'm paying the fuel bills, no that it's a problem anyway..The electrics for instance, the place was rewired 4 years ago, they checked the circuit last year, a new contract company comes in they this morning want to inconvenience me at 1:00PM to come check the circuit again, no records of the last check.I had a new fitted oven in last year, took the paperwork down to them to file, the last check they queried me about it said no paperwork on file, i can see me going through all this shit again today..last month they came:We need to rip your gas meter out cos it's all changed now, we want to rip this that & the other out! Everytime they do something (uncalled for) they are damaging my decor, scratch my chrome plug socket, dirty my carpet etc & wont pay me for the damage, i guess if your a council tenant you expected to live like a tramp.

You can understand what a pain in the arse all this is & guess up ends up paying for it all.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
17-12-2010, 10:57
Whereas the upside to all of this is that you get this work done for free I presume.

chris@panteg
17-12-2010, 11:24
Why this country is so broke perhaps ? must be infuriating Andre , you've just got it nice , how you want it ! then some council nob wants to come in wreck your nice new decor.

Covenant
17-12-2010, 11:30
I can't give advice because I am one of those that knock on your door...
I often have to check council houses for asbestos so if you have any artex ceilings Andre I will be round on Boxing Day to take some samples.
A mince pie and a drink would go down nicely.:)

Rare Bird
17-12-2010, 11:36
I can't give advice because I am one of those that knock on your door...
I often have to check council houses for asbestos so if you have any artex ceilings Andre I will be round on Boxing Day to take some samples.
A mince pie and a drink would go down nicely.:)

Na i had the place re plastered when i moved in, replastering a council flat out of your own pocket you might ask :lolsign:

Macca
18-12-2010, 11:53
You could rent privately? Not much more expensive these days as there is a lot of 'investment' property on the market.

Or you could buy a place - move down to not-sunny-at-all Stoke on Trent where you can still buy a house for under £40K - yes it will be rubbish (to start with) but it's yours and you don't have to let any f**ker through the door if you don't want to.:):)

hifinutt
24-12-2010, 06:31
Is anyone a council tennant? It's hell enough living were i live but it's the council themselves thats getting up my back..They continuously coming saying they have to check this, that & the other, we want to rip your plastic windows out even though you had new ones 4 years ago, but sir one of those doesnt have double glazing! So what i'm paying the fuel bills, no that it's a problem anyway..The electrics for instance, the place was rewired 4 years ago, they checked the circuit last year, a new contract company comes in they this morning want to inconvenience me at 1:00PM to come check the circuit again, no records of the last check.I had a new fitted oven in last year, took the paperwork down to them to file, the last check they queried me about it said no paperwork on file, i can see me going through all this shit again today..last month they came:We need to rip your gas meter out cos it's all changed now, we want to rip this that & the other out! Everytime they do something (uncalled for) they are damaging my decor, scratch my chrome plug socket, dirty my carpet etc & wont pay me for the damage, i guess if your a council tenant you expected to live like a tramp.

You can understand what a pain in the arse all this is & guess up ends up paying for it all.

unbelievable andre, many i know live in council houses and i never realised there was so much aggro !!!

goraman
24-12-2010, 19:52
What is a council property?
confused yank.

Reid Malenfant
24-12-2010, 20:07
What is a council property?
confused yank.
It's a house or flat etc owned by the local authority (local government) that is rented by the tenant ;)

goraman
24-12-2010, 20:30
Is it controlled rent?
(capped rent prices)controlled by your government?

We tried that here,with private property.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent_control

Problem is they all became slums.
We are so free here in the US that the government can tell you who you must rent to,how much you can charge,and if you have a boy and a girl they have to have sepret rooms or they can come take your kids away!Forceing you into a 3 bedroom home.
No more one room log cabins like our forfathers lived in.Also means large one room lofts are unacceptable.
And God help you if you should notice a woman at work with her cleavage nearly in your face, or get over heard talking about something slightly off color that was on TV. ect...
Get caught peeing behind a bush because there is no restroom and you have a weak bladder and you are busted now you have to regester as a sex offender.
Some how I don't think this is the free country my father grew up in any more.
Sorry my rant is over but it dose get me worked up,I worry for my little 1.5 year old sons future as in my life time things are becomeing very unlivable here very fast.
We currently account for 1/4 of the worlds prisoners,more than any nation in world history includeing the USSR and China combined.

Reid Malenfant
24-12-2010, 20:41
Is it controlled rent?
(capped rent prices)controlled by your government?

<snip> and if you have a boy and a girl they have to have sepret rooms or they can come take your kids away!Forceing you into a 3 bedroom home.

I'm not sure about the first bit in all honesty :scratch: Never lived in one so i just don't know....

The second is bang on though. Above a certain age boys & girls must have seperate bedrooms, don't ask me what that age is as i don't have a pair :eyebrows: This applies to privately owned & rented properties as far as i'm aware, whether they are privately rented off of a landlord or from the council :)

goraman
24-12-2010, 21:33
I just feel Governent is micro manageing our lives all over the world not just here.
Mabey if we all go into compleate government finacial collapes we can get back to the time where people have the right to live as they see fit?
Because what we have now is both unaffordable and unatural.

Batty
25-12-2010, 03:34
I think the age is 9. Don't quote me though.