PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles RED and BLUE albums remastered

chris@panteg
07-12-2010, 12:04
I know what your thinking ' oh no not another Beatles remastered ' thread .

In which case don't bother reading this :) its just i have always loved the Fab four and these albums were among the 1st i ever bought back in may 1980 , i have 2 copies of each on vinyl and they sound very worn .

All i'm interested in is if anyone on the forum has bought the new CD's and what do they think in terms of sound quality and mastering ! do they sound limited ' etc .

DSJR
07-12-2010, 12:59
Thanks to Alex UK, I have the set of stereo remasters here. Most of the limiting seems to be in the master tapes themselves - how they used to do it - and because I suspect the original releases on CD were straight dubs (?) with no added eq, the bass is clean and able to be sensibly re-eq'd in these re-issues. Loads has been done to these tracks - in the analogue domain too I understand - and to my ears they sound great, even on the multi bounce-and-dub recordings of the hippy era (I believe they had 8 track recording for the White Album but could be mistaken). Mr magiccarpetride loves the hi-res stick too :)

I think you'll be pleased with the sonics and of course the music is timeless. personally, I prefer the mono mixes of the early stuff, but that's up to you as the latest stereo ones do remove a generation of analogue tape from the equation and may sound better for it..

Alex_UK
07-12-2010, 13:34
And just in case anyone is wondering, if you already have the full set of stereo remasters you will have all the tracks on the Red & Blue albums, so you will only need to buy them if you are a completist!

DanJennings
07-12-2010, 19:28
And just in case anyone is wondering, if you already have the full set of stereo remasters you will have all the tracks on the Red & Blue albums, so you will only need to buy them if you are a completist!

Thanks Alex

Rare Bird
07-12-2010, 20:22
I know what your thinking ' oh no not another Beatles remastered ' thread .

In which case don't bother reading this :) its just i have always loved the Fab four and these albums were among the 1st i ever bought back in may 1980 , i have 2 copies of each on vinyl and they sound very worn .

All i'm interested in is if anyone on the forum has bought the new CD's and what do they think in terms of sound quality and mastering ! do they sound limited ' etc .

Chris they have been on order over a week still not turned up yet :(

chris@panteg
08-12-2010, 01:40

Hi Alex

yes i am a completist i suppose where these are concerned ' but '''' the red and blue albums have all the singles which were not on the albums , and i have all the remaster's except yello submarine and i never fancied getting past master's .

chris@panteg
08-12-2010, 01:42
Chris they have been on order over a week still not turned up yet :(

Hi Andre

In that case if i order now ' it could be pushing it for Xmas :(

Alex_UK
08-12-2010, 13:10
Hi Alex

yes i am a completist i suppose where these are concerned ' but '''' the red and blue albums have all the singles which were not on the albums , and i have all the remaster's except yello submarine and i never fancied getting past master's .

Perhaps I should have qualified my statement with if you have all the remastered albums including the Past Masters double - you will already have all the tracks on Red & Blue (unless I've got it completely wrong, I thought I had checked when they first came out.)

Stratmangler
08-12-2010, 13:15
Unless you've got some exclusive Japanese pressings in the post, the Blue and Red set can be purchased in ASDA for just under £20.

Alex is correct - if you have all of the remastered albums issued last year then you already have all of the tracks on the Blue and Red albums.

Rare Bird
08-12-2010, 16:16
Chris £16.00 + post

Landed this morning

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/New.jpg

Stratmangler
08-12-2010, 16:18
Nice one:)

chris@panteg
09-12-2010, 23:02
Nice one Andre ' i got to have em :)