PDA

View Full Version : Help me digitise an LP

sburrell
06-12-2010, 18:05
Hi,

My mother asked me to pick up a semi-rare double vinyl LP from the 70s off eBay. It's this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumpers_(album)) one.

So, anyway, I've now gone completely digital, the family Rega Planar 2 is in need of some TLC and I don't have a high-quality ADC in any event. So, is there anyone in or near Edinburgh who'd be willing to help me get a high-quality rip of this double-album for my mother? I guess I'm looking to get a 24bit/96kHz rip for backup purposes and down-sample it to a CD afterwards.

There be a nice bottle of wine in it :cool:, as well as some Christmas baked goods (my mother's a chef). ;)

Apologies if it's the wrong forum, please move if necessary :)

Many thanks!

The Grand Wazoo
06-12-2010, 18:08
Ahhh - Bumpers!
One of those brilliant Island Records compilations.

.........sorry though Simon, I can't help you convert it to a digital file.

sburrell
07-12-2010, 00:00
Um, why is it I got a notification of a reply from Andre 30mins after The Grand Wazoo's, but it doesn't appear here on the thread? I've tried a different browser so it can't be a caching issue.

??

Anyway, Andre, I'm led to believe that the particular versions of the tracks featured on the album are actually slightly different between the two different versions of the album, as well as from the albums they actually represented. Besides, it wouldn't be in the spirit of the thing. But, thank you anyway :)

Alex_UK
07-12-2010, 00:06
Um, why is it I got a notification of a reply from Andre 30mins after The Grand Wazoo's, but it doesn't appear here on the thread? I've tried a different browser so it can't be a caching issue.

??

He probably deleted it - that would explain it.

flatpopely
08-12-2010, 23:22
If you want post it to me I'll gladly record it for you. I have some experience of recording vinyl.

Andrew.

snapper
11-12-2010, 19:20
Hi Simon

If you PM me your address I'll send you a copy on DVD-A.

sburrell
12-12-2010, 19:25
Hi David,

Intriguing offer. Does this mean you already have Bumpers on LP? If that's the case, could you tell me whether it's the white or pink label version? The one I have is the pink, and if yours is the same then I'll take you up on your offer! All I'm looking for is a straight rip of each side of the double album, unexpurgated and unedited, at 24-bit/96kHz in the original recording format (presumably AIFF, WAV or LPCM).

Andrew, if David's offer doesn't work out, how would it be if I took a day/weekend trip to York instead of posting the album to you? It's a city I've always wanted to see, so might as well take advantage. :)

Many thanks for the kind responses, and apologies for my delay in getting back. :)

snapper
12-12-2010, 20:06
Hi David,

Intriguing offer. Does this mean you already have Bumpers on LP?

Yes. :)

If that's the case, could you tell me whether it's the white or pink label version?

It's solid pink with the large i

sburrell
12-12-2010, 21:53
WooHoo! In that case, Snapper David, I humbly and heartily accept! :) I'll PM you.

:)

The Grand Wazoo
13-12-2010, 00:39
Andrew, if David's offer doesn't work out, how would it be if I took a day/weekend trip to York instead of posting the album to you?

Crikey, Simon you must really love your Mum. She's pretty lucky, eh?!

sburrell
08-01-2011, 02:10
Hi there,

I'm still on the lookout for someone to help digitise this LP. Anyone get something nice for Christmas that could help? :)

@ The Grand Wazoo: Aren't we all just lucky to be loved?

drrd
08-01-2011, 11:14
Are you ok to put it in the post?

YNWaN
08-01-2011, 14:19
If you still want to visit York I would take Andrew up on his offer of assistance (although he doesn't actually live in York, but in a village on the outskirts).