PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lincolnshire

Marra
06-12-2010, 17:33
Hi everyone; Im Keith an ex BG employee who took early retirement a couple of years ago. Now a house husband. I have been into building amplifiers and the occasional pair of speakers since the late 80's being a big fan of Nelson Pass designs. Currently running an Orbe SE feeding an Xono clone through a DBC1 buffer with an Aleph 5 clone driving PMC speakers.Musical tastes range from Dire Straits,Eva Cassidy to Queen; Pink Floyd and just lately discovering the blues.
My other hobby is cycling mainly to keep the weight down.
Cheers Keith.

Reid Malenfant
06-12-2010, 17:45
Hi Keith, welcome to AoS :)

Looks like you have a bit of a problem at the moment chap :eyebrows: With 18" of snow i don't think that cycle will be out for a while & to top it off it's just about mince pie & christmas pudding time :lolsign:

Some nice kit you have there, like yourself i have been messing with speakers for many years & more recently active crossovers & amplifiers :) Nothing like designing & building your own equipment :)

All the best, i hope you enjoy your stay :wave:

The Grand Wazoo
06-12-2010, 17:51
Hi Keith,
Welcome again!
That sounds like an interesting system you have there. There are one or two folks here who listen to a fair bit of blues (myself included).
Where abouts in North Lincs are you? I lived there for a few years & still have a place a few miles to the west of the bridge.

Marra
06-12-2010, 19:06
Thanks for the welcome .
I live about 20mls north of Lincoln by the Trent.
My design input for my amplifiers is purely the cases; think black boxes basically; my electronics knowledge being somewhat limited. Give me a pcb and wiring schematic and I'm usually ok:scratch: