PDA

View Full Version : Modded Pioneer dvd player

KMair
23-07-2008, 13:53
http://www.positive-feedback.com/ambackissues/MusicalConcept414.htm

After telling a friend about an Oracle CD1500 demo, he suggested that I should look into modding a Pioneer DVD player. He says that this modded player will be a substantial improvement over the Rotel CDP. Have any of you tried any projects such as this? Any feedback will be appreciated!

Filterlab
23-07-2008, 14:56
Townshend (http://www.townshendaudio.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=29) certainly have as Jason Kennedy will attest to. Basically it's a Pioneer 565 DVD player modded to everything-else-high-end-demolishing specifications. Certainly worth having a crack at it. :)

Marco
23-07-2008, 15:12
Welcome back! Where have you been, ya slacker? ;)

Marco.

KMair
23-07-2008, 15:22
Thanks for the info! This unit looks killer! I hate to ask what it costs but it looks as though it would be a significant upgrade. It may take a little to upgrade the Rotel as our economy is in the toilet and the fixer-ups on this old house are overwhelming. Still I can be a very determined fellow.

BTW, How do You insert the various smiley icons when posting?

Cheers!

Marco
23-07-2008, 15:28
Just click on them on the list in the reply box (including the ones available on the 'more' option, and they appear next to your text :)

Marco.

Ali Tait
23-07-2008, 18:51
Strangely Marco,that doesn't work for me,I have to use the smiley icon that has a drop-down menu above where you write your text when posting.Perhaps you have the same problem KMair?

Marco
23-07-2008, 18:58
That's a funny one, mate. You should be able to do both :scratch:

Can you not see the list of smilies to the right of the reply box before you post?

Marco.

Mia
25-07-2008, 15:45
hi, Im Mia, after read all the posts seems like its not the better in the market, anyone knows the price?

Marco
25-07-2008, 16:00
Hi Mia,

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm not sure that I fully understand your last post. What is it you're trying to say?

Marco.

Ali Tait
25-07-2008, 20:37
Yes Marco all the emoticons are there,they just don't do anything when I click on them! I have to use that drop-down menu as I described above.I thought perhaps kmair had the same problem.

Marco
25-07-2008, 21:28
That's really bizarre. So when you click on them they don't show their opposing symbol on the posting box? I.E, the 'wink' smiley is shown by a semi-colon and closed bracket.

If that's the case I will have to look at your permissions on the admin panel.

Marco.

Ali Tait
25-07-2008, 22:32
It may be that,but I've had similar problems before.The problem is more likely on my end.

Marco
25-07-2008, 22:40
In what way?

I'll check things here are ok anyway, Ali :)

Marco.

Emmodd
09-08-2008, 12:03
...seems to have gotten off track somewhat.

I've just ordered a Yamaha DVD-S2700, not to replace my current CD player but so I can have a play with some SACD and DVD-A as well as having a top notch dvd scaler for watching some movies.

What interested me was the work done on the audio side by Yamaha to ensure that this truly was a do all machine.

I don't expect that it'll be a world beater but with some modification hope it'll be a real steal. Recently retailed for as much as £1000 - managed to get it brand new for £250 with 2yr wareenty. Bargain.

Will report back once received and had a blast but any recommendations on mods would be appreciated.

Yomanze
14-08-2008, 18:17
hi, Im Mia, after read all the posts seems like its not the better in the market, anyone knows the price?

Hmmm, it would seem like this poster is trying to get higher search engine rankings for Richer Sounds? I wonder what they want to rank for *looks at Mia's signature*? :P

PS: Marco, I work in search engine marketing, so these things sorta jump out at me...

Marco
15-08-2008, 09:16
Sorry, Yom, I'm not with you.

A) Mia's post is just complete gobbledygook and B) I'm not sure what you mean about Search Engines and Richer Sounds :confused:

Marco.

lurcher
15-08-2008, 10:09
Search engines (like google) rank sites higher based (in part) on how many other sites point links to them. So by posting a link to the RS site from this site it will increase the score the RS site gets, and means its more likely to be higher up in the first page of search results.

Marco
15-08-2008, 11:47
Ah, cheers!

TBH, I hadn't even looked at Mia's signature. I also don't have a problem associating with Richer Sounds :)

Marco.