PDA

View Full Version : Attention all Blues fans - A date for your diary!

Barry
29-11-2010, 18:49
The owner of COB records in Bangor, North Wales, has during the last couple of years has been acting as a bit of an impresario. Of the acts he has brought to the Victoria Hotel at Menai Bridge, Anglesey, have been Catfish Keith and Mud Morganfield.

Mud Morganfield? Yes, you guessed right – it’s Muddy Waters's son and from reports, more than lives up to the name of his illustrious father. Here is the 'blurb' from COB:

May 22nd- MUD MORGANFIELD (MUDDY WATERS JR) and the DIRTY ACES -Victoria Hotel, Menai Bridge

Postponed from last July, I'm pleased as punch to announce the appearance of Mud Morganfield who is the eldest son and proud heir of the undisputed king of the Blues, Muddy Waters. He looks and sounds strikingly like his old man and he's been delivering his charismatic Chicago blues of the highest order to delighted audiences around the world for the past few years. Mud, however also has his own very individual mojo working which has brought him at last to the real home of the Blues - Menai Bridge. Accompanied by the Dirty Aces with their superb no-nonsense, gritty R&B this will be the Blues gig of the year if not the decade!
www.mudmorganfieldsite.com

I shall definitely be there. Might be nice to meet up with other Blues fans from AoS.

Regards

The Grand Wazoo
29-11-2010, 19:02
Barry,
Do you know if this this guy Big Bill Morganfield, also Muddy Waters' son, who I saw performing about 10 years ago?

Barry
29-11-2010, 19:26
Barry,
Do you know if this this guy Big Bill Morganfield, also Muddy Waters' son, who I saw performing about 10 years ago?

Don't know Chris - I'll try and find out. Interested?

Regards

The Grand Wazoo
29-11-2010, 19:28
Yes!!!!