PDA

View Full Version : Truly amazed

Pages : 1 [2]

WAD62
12-02-2011, 08:32
Well i got a set of the original white ones sent to me by kieth (cheers mate) so i set 2 identical cd players (pioneer pds503's)one with white cables the other with the grey ones up to my pioneer a400 amp, i ran 1 cd player from tape one and the other from tape two and used 2 identicle copies of Dire Straits Comunique as sample music, they are both the bloody same or if there is a difference i can't hear it.

Cheers for the info, that's saved me some messing about :)

John
14-02-2011, 19:38
I just got a pair of these cables as needed a longer cable run as I had to change my set up as should be getting my TT on Friday. These cables has replaced some nice silver cables and I am not missing my old cables, very impressed and a big thank you to everyone for the recommendation as the title says an amazing bargin

Barry
20-02-2011, 01:47
Haha bet you all thought this thread had finished. Nope, not yet!

My Belkin cables arrived a few days ago. They are the 'Pure AV' cables, 2.4m long, grey in colour with identity AV50300ea08.

The diagram on the packaging clearly shows them to have a two-core shielded construction. The shielding consists of an aluminium/Mylar foil shield having 100% coverage, over which is a "high-coverage" tinned copper braided shield. The twin conductors themselves are claimed to use hybrid conductor technology, whereby two of the six strands look to be of narrower gauge and may be insulated from the other four of slightly heavier gauge. All conductors are claimed to be of 99.9997% oxygen-free PCOCC copper.

Clearly having two conductors, these cables are of the so called 'semi-balanced type', whereby one of the inner conductors is used for the signal path, with the second forming the return. The shielding is connected to the return at one end of the interconnect only. The cable thus has an asymmetric construction and can be directional.

I have to say that I can't see the point of semi-balanced construction. In my opinion either use a true coaxial (and non-directional) construction or use a true balanced-line construction. The only possible advantage might be that the semi-balanced interconnect might have a lower capacitance per unit length, compared with a coaxial cable. The intention is that semi-balanced cables are installed such that the end where the screen connects with the signal return is at the point of lowest potential. Often this is at the source and the corresponding phono plug is marked with an arrow head pointing in the direction of the cable. However if the '0v' rail of the source is not directly connected to earth (i.e. if the unit is double insulated and uses a two-core mains lead), the '0 volt' rail will not be at the lowest potential. In that situation the interconnects have to be reversed. This is the reason I don't like semi-balanced interconnects.

Some other Belkin cables (the white coloured ones) have a 'quadruple screen', supposedly for better screening. However as long as the screening presents a 100% optical coverage and is reasonably thick, it doesn't matter how many layers there are, especially as they are all in electrical contact along the length of the cable. The only indication of the efficacy of the screening is the surface transfer impedance, and this is never quoted by cable manufacturers. It can be calculated if full details of the screening is known and it can be measured.

The Belkin cables come clad with an anti-abrasion mesh. Again I don't like this as it is not really necessary and makes the cables stiff and unwieldy.

So to the use of these cables in practice - do they live up to all the enthusiasm expressed by contributers to the thread? I used them between the preamp and power amp and have to say I could hear no difference between them and my own assembled cables. I could also not hear any difference when I reversed the direction of the Belkin cables.

Despite my lack of enthusiasm, I do have to acknowledge that thanks to them being Made in China, they are absurdly cheap; £4 for a 2.4m pair. Were I to make up cables using good quality phono plugs (but not as good as say the Neutrik 'ProFi' types), they would work out to ~£9 a stereo metre; over double the cost of the Belkin.

So yes, I can join other posters to this thread and recommend these cables to members.

Out of curiosity I made some electrical measurements on both the Belkin and my own cables.

Belkin

conductor resistance (centre pin to centre pin) 70 - 73mOhm/m
conductor resistance (phono outer to phono outer) 66 - 69mOhm/m

capacitance (measured at 400Hz with cable plugged into a phono socket) 222 - 233pF/m

My own cables (true coaxial, using 'low-noise' microphone cable)

conductor resistance (inner) < 64mOhm/m
conductor resistance (outer) < 60mOhm/m

capacitance (measured as above ) 97 - 100pF/m.

Jac Hawk
20-02-2011, 02:07
THE END.......?

The Grand Wazoo
20-02-2011, 11:46
...............not if I know Aos!

Ali Tait
20-02-2011, 11:56
.. you should try some of the white ones Barry. :lol:

Welder
20-02-2011, 12:21
What Ali said, especially if you have valve kit which I think they may suit.
I’ve stuck with the RCA twin shielded with my kit as they seem to tune more to my taste.
The cheap RCA plugs I mentioned somewhere work well without the ally outer case. I used PTFE tape, heatshrink and a ferrule.

MCRU
20-02-2011, 14:58
Ooooo errrrrr just had a thought, has anyone tied making a tone-arm cable from these babies? Reason for asking is I have been messing about with different cables these last few days as I have my SME309 connected with the South West Analogue Pure Silver Litz Tone-Arm Cable into my Graham Slee phono stage and then tried various cables from Slee into my amp, ideally I need the same cable for both duties and again ideally I would choose the Oyaide option for both but at the moment I am jimmy flint so if a tone-arm lead could be made using the belkins and sound 1/2 way decent we could be onto a winner?

wee tee cee
14-03-2011, 12:41
I got mine this morning.Thought I had ordered a single co-ax lead but got a pair of leads.Paid £7.99 all in,must admit they sound great.Best value cable ive ever bought,Thanks effem for the recomendation.
Regards Tony.

Tarzan
15-03-2011, 21:51
Being a self confirmed cable believer, l want to try the white ones but l only need a 1m pair- where to buy?:)

MCRU
15-03-2011, 21:58
doubt if they will beat your tomjive's mate, I have a 2m pair you can borrow?

wee tee cee
24-03-2011, 12:38
Can anyone with the grey cables tell me what colour the plug inserts are.I have a pair of red and blue which are the double sheilded ones.I also have a quad sheilde one with a yellow insert.Are folks using two yellows as interconnects.The yellow is a co-ax.The red and blue have directional markers...they sound really good.

The Grand Wazoo
25-03-2011, 13:32
Tony,
As you've found out for yourself, this is very confusing - I don't think it's enough to describe them just as the grey ones & the white ones!
From my experience:

Just to add a little more thickener to your plot:

The grey 1 metre ones I have (single run) of which I bought 10 to make up 5 stereo pairs are different again.
Bad scan I'm afraid - the only ones I have left with the diagram are still fully packaged up. But you can just make out a single drain wire which doesn't feature on your ones.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3183/imgdl.jpg

.........yes these have the yellow inserts. I've paired them up to make stereo sets. I also have several pairs (5 of these too, actually) of the white type as described in the original post.

wee tee cee
25-03-2011, 14:43
The red and blue sound smashing in my system.Ive ordered up another yellow to give it a go as a pair,99p.....I got a bundle deal with another pair or red and blue for all in £8.About the price of one days smoking...magic.

Tarzan
06-04-2011, 19:23
doubt if they will beat your tomjive's mate, I have a 2m pair you can borrow?

Thanks David,l tried the cables between the Mini-T and the Harbs and they reminded me a bit of the Mark Grant cables l have- very clear with good tonal colour( l am a freak for this) sounded pretty good, then tried the Belkin between my Jungson amp and the Harbs-WOW! This sounds reall really good, great timing, clarity, detail, and tonal colour is off the chart and the soundstage is wide open, me likey:cool:

MCRU
06-04-2011, 19:38
Thanks David,l tried the cables between the Mini-T and the Harbs and they reminded me a bit of the Mark Grant cables l have- very clear with good tonal colour( l am a freak for this) sounded pretty good, then tried the Belkin between my Jungson amp and the Harbs-WOW! This sounds reall really good, great timing, clarity, detail, and tonal colour is off the chart and the soundstage is wide open, me likey:cool:

you just need to get those shivas out of the system now mate and everything will be soooooo much better....:)

Jac Hawk
06-04-2011, 20:06
Ooooo errrrrr just had a thought, has anyone tied making a tone-arm cable from these babies? Reason for asking is I have been messing about with different cables these last few days as I have my SME309 connected with the South West Analogue Pure Silver Litz Tone-Arm Cable into my Graham Slee phono stage and then tried various cables from Slee into my amp, ideally I need the same cable for both duties and again ideally I would choose the Oyaide option for both but at the moment I am jimmy flint so if a tone-arm lead could be made using the belkins and sound 1/2 way decent we could be onto a winner?

Got the cable and had the same idea, on the SL1800 it may be a little tight though, so I was thinking about mounting a pair of female RCA's on the back so then i can plug em straight in:eyebrows: being a bit of a newb to TT's i wasn't sure if my idea was a sound one?

Reid Malenfant
06-04-2011, 20:11
Hi Mike, as long as you still have the usual earth connection it should work fine chap. Make sure you use the normal cables rather than the semi balanced ones though ;)

The only misgivings i'd have about doing it is the rather low voltage output of a cartridge & more than just the one connector at the pre amp end. At the kind of voltages you are looking at the less connectors the better ;)

Jac Hawk
06-04-2011, 20:24
The only misgivings i'd have about doing it is the rather low voltage output of a cartridge & more than just the one connector at the pre amp end. At the kind of voltages you are looking at the less connectors the better ;)

That's what i was thinking, but that belkin cable is kinda thick and there really isn't enough room to bend it without putting strain on the internals of the TT, if i use good quality RCA connectors and cable to connect them to the arm it should be ok, if it isn't i can always revert back to the old lead.

Tarzan
06-04-2011, 20:25
you just need to get those shivas out of the system now mate and everything will be soooooo much better....:)

Why David?

Folkboy
07-04-2011, 01:46
Even cheaper here-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0007YBFEY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Late to the party with these cables, but I see there's two versions of the above listed cable on Amazon: AV50300EA08 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007YBFEY/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=) for £6.99 delivered and AV50300bea08 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0013BHMS8/sr=8-15/qid=1302140176/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1302140176&sr=8-15&seller=) which can be had for one penny! (and £4.59 postage).

As Harry Hill would say, "but which one is best?" ;)

Folkboy
09-04-2011, 03:17
* bump * Anyone?

Also, if anyone's still after a pair of the Belkin AD80300qn2M cables, there's a guy here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270729752747&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) selling them for the higher price of £11.74 delivered.

I think I've read on this forum that it's better to have longer interconnects than speaker cables (is that right?) and as I'll be shortly getting a pair of monoblocks that they can sit right behind my speakers so these cables look to be a worthwhile purchase.

Regards,

Jon

Effem
09-04-2011, 04:11
The two grey cables in your first post are the latest version of the "all white" cable being sold on your ebay link.

Despite umpteen posts between us, we have still yet to determine whether the later "grey" cables are just a cosmetic overhaul of the earlier "white" ones, or they are a complete revision of their materials and layout :scratch:

From what I have read from those who have ended up with the later "grey" variant, everyone seems happy with their purchases so far.

Folkboy
09-04-2011, 04:28
From what I have read from those who have ended up with the later "grey" variant, everyone seems happy with their purchases so far.

Cool, thanks for that, Frank. I'll order a couple of them.

Alex_UK
09-04-2011, 06:38
At the price, you can't go wrong Jon. I've got the grey ones, and they're very good, even forgetting what a bargain they are.

The Grand Wazoo
09-04-2011, 09:18
Alex got his from Big Offers and they still have:

2.4m pairs of AV50300BEA08 for £2.00
AV50300QP08 at an unspecified length for £3.00
(though I think the 08 at the end means 8ft which is 2.4m)
4.8 metre triple runs of AV51000ea16 for £5.00
4.9 metre pairs of AV50300EA16 for £5.00

This URL gives you all Belkin products that Big Offers sell:
http://www.bigoffers.co.uk/search.php?search=belkin&search_dept=all

There's all sorts of other stuff there at those sorts of prices.

Best of all, postage is capped at £4.99 for all orders up to 30kg - I bought so many cables from them that they were delivered in two big boxes & all for a fiver.

Jac Hawk
09-04-2011, 09:44
The two grey cables in your first post are the latest version of the "all white" cable being sold on your ebay link.

Despite umpteen posts between us, we have still yet to determine whether the later "grey" cables are just a cosmetic overhaul of the earlier "white" ones, or they are a complete revision of their materials and layout :scratch:

OK Belkin make or made 2 different types of cable, the original white ones are 2m and are semi balanced, these then had a cosmetic overhaul and grew 40cm, they are now grey but sound exactly the same as the original white ones, (how do i know this? because i have both types and testd them), however the second cable looked the same as the original but was fully balanced and i think was sold singley and not in pairs, the second cable i think was ment to be a digital cable, probably a spdif.

wee tee cee
13-04-2011, 10:13
I noticed the supplied pictures on amazon,the plugs have coloured inserts.The dual sheilded 2.4 m cables are supplied as a pair and have red and blue inserts on the plugs.They are sold as a phoho pair.The quad sheilded cable that is 1.2m long is sold as a single spdif.It has a yellow insert on the plug.The CODE for the yellow one is AV51200ea04.The 04 at the end represents the length in feet.The red and blue pair are very good.In comparison a couple of yellows used as phono interconnects yielded even better results.I have not felt the need to change them since installing them.

DSJR
13-04-2011, 13:50
Any 1.2m audio pairs available anywhere? I really don't need longer ones..

Jac Hawk
20-04-2011, 15:36
Well i've put a set of the grey cables onto my Techie SL1800, they're a tight fit but with a little bit of work they fit in quite nicely, i found the best way to keep them looking good is to cut the heads off then use shrink tubing over the woven abrasion jacket, using a heat gun to shrink the tubing tightly over the woven mesh and also melting/burning the unwanted mesh off to leave a neat edge, i used black and red heat tubing for obvious reasons. anyway all was going well making the cables up until i stripped off the conductors, ffs what a mess, each conductor is a different size and shape and all seem to be covered in soft plastic, which require burning off before you can tin them. the cable itself has 2 conductors, one white and one red, these are wrapped in foil and then a woven metal sheath, then comes the soft plastic outer casing, then the abrasion resistent jacket. Anyway i connected each conductor to the PCB tag in the deck and plugged it in.

:(not what i had hoped, there is a load of background hum, so i'm thinking i may need to earth the foil and woven metal sheath, if that doesn't work it's back to the drawing board:scratch:

keiths
20-04-2011, 16:17
anyway all was going well making the cables up until i stripped off the conductors, ffs what a mess, each conductor is a different size and shape and all seem to be covered in soft plastic, which require burning off before you can tin them.

Yes - I was going to make one of my long pairs into two shorter pairs until I read this: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=185464&postcount=182

Jac Hawk
20-04-2011, 21:56
Yes - I was going to make one of my long pairs into two shorter pairs until I read this: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=185464&postcount=182

If i was you keith i would mount a set of female RCA's on the diecast part of the casing and join those to the small PCB connectin board with some high quality silver wire, that's what i was going to do before i had my brain wave/fart, that way you can use any cables you want, just make sure that you use the best possible wire, solder and RCA connectors, alternatively you could do away with the small PCB mounting board and wire the RCA's direct from the PCB on the arm, on refection that's the way i should have done it:doh:

Welder
21-04-2011, 13:30
It is doable Kieth, just need to be careful :)
Cut the outer Teflon wire coating then flame strip the inner conductors, a gas powered soldering iron can be handy for this. Clean the stripped wires carefully with Isopropyl alcohol and if necessary trim away any heated plastic buildup at the base of the stripped wire with a very sharp hobby knife or scalpel.
Feed the ground wires into place first, but solder the centre pin first and then solder the ground and sort out the screen.

Jac Hawk
28-04-2011, 22:42
Ok my 1st atempt at using the Pure A/V cables on my TT didn't quite go to plan, there was a massive amount of hum, so after having a closer look at things i decided to put some new RCA plugs back on the belkins, and insted of soldering them to the PCB inside the deck, i routed the 2 cables from the arm to a set of female phono plugs which i screwed to the silver part of the plinth at the rear of the deck which allows me to use any phono leads i wan't.

So got it all finished pluged in the belkins and fired her up, WOW!!!! what a huge difference, stereo image is far better, bass is deep and tight, and the mid and high bands are light and airey, instuments can easily be pinpointed, and all that just by swapping the stock Techie leads, ok it was a bit of a mess on, and i cocked it up on my 1st attempt, but it was well worth it in the end.:)

Yoga
04-05-2011, 17:40
For those interested, the fabled white (AD80300qn2M) cables are back on eBay :¬)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300553532773

Alex_UK
04-05-2011, 18:15
For those interested, the fabled white (AD80300qn2M) cables are back on eBay :¬)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300553532773

Good spot, Ross. :)

Arcamnut
04-05-2011, 18:46
Found some more for yer fellers http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140542458015&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Jac Hawk
04-05-2011, 20:09
Honnestly guys, i've done a side by side test and there is no difference between the white ones and the grey ones, if they are sold in pairs they are the same cables just the grey ones are a bit longer and in the newer colours, that's it. Now there is a belkin cable that looks the same as the white ones but it is a different construction and it's sold singley and is ment to be a digital cable, i've never tried this cable as a normal analogue interconnector so don't know if it sounds better or worse

wee tee cee
05-05-2011, 08:30
The single grey ones have a yellow coloured insert on the plugs.Model number is AV51200ea04.I have 4 of these which I use as 2 stereo pairs.I found in my system they sound better than the grey stereo pairs with the red and blue plug inserts.The 04 at the end of the code is length in feet.The stereo pairs I got were 2.4m or 8 feet in old money.

WAD62
05-05-2011, 09:12
Now there is a belkin cable that looks the same as the white ones but it is a different construction and it's sold singley and is ment to be a digital cable, i've never tried this cable as a normal analogue interconnector so don't know if it sounds better or worse

Nor have I...but they are excellent as digital cables, I have 2 (1m) at the moment, thoroughly recommended as digital coax cables ;)

MCRU
05-05-2011, 14:05
Well I ordered some more as I need a pair of balanced cables when my pre-amp arrives so will ask MG to put me some xlr's on these babies, got 2 sets of belkin speaker cables today incidentally, saw them on e-bay and thought let's have a closer inspection, OMG I don't believe it as Victor Meldrew would say, these are serious cables at ridiculous prices.

Jac Hawk
05-05-2011, 21:16
Well I ordered some more as I need a pair of balanced cables when my pre-amp arrives so will ask MG to put me some xlr's on these babies, got 2 sets of belkin speaker cables today incidentally, saw them on e-bay and thought let's have a closer inspection, OMG I don't believe it as Victor Meldrew would say, these are serious cables at ridiculous prices.

Are these the ones mate http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200552651358&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT i got some and they are really good

Alex_UK
08-05-2011, 13:59
I need a cheap 3.5mm jack to 2 x RCA cable for ipod to mini-T - so I guess a Belkin one is as good a place to start as any... :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170621337034#ht_1530wt_981

Jac Hawk
08-05-2011, 14:28
I need a cheap 3.5mm jack to 2 x RCA cable for ipod to mini-T - so I guess a Belkin one is as good a place to start as any... :)

Is it so you can connect your ipod to your stereo?, if so i would suggest a dock like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pure-i20-Powered-Universal-iPod-iPhone-Dock-/300554699979?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item45fa74c4cb it means you can bypass the DAC in the ipod and keep it charged too

Alex_UK
08-05-2011, 14:41
Is it so you can connect your ipod to your stereo?, if so i would suggest a dock like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pure-i20-Powered-Universal-iPod-iPhone-Dock-/300554699979?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item45fa74c4cb it means you can bypass the DAC in the ipod and keep it charged too

Yes, it is - but only for connecting to a system in the dining room for background music - so a lead from the headphone out is fine - but that dock does look value for one that bypasses the ipod DAC.

colinB
08-05-2011, 17:16
Just plugged in my TT for the first time in months thanks to a 5m pair of belkin silvers. Everything sounding sweet.
Thanks Effem.

Jac Hawk
08-05-2011, 18:12
Just plugged in my TT for the first time in months thanks to a 5m pair of belkin silvers. Everything sounding sweet.
Thanks Effem.

They do sound rather good as TT cables, i have taken the stock techie cables off and replaced them with the Pure A/V cables and what a difference.

Wakefield Turntables
17-05-2011, 19:25
Bloody hell, I folded, bought 2 pairs for 20 quid, yep I could have got them cheaper but needed some interconnects pretty quick for some new gear i'm buying! Will write up my impression later if get time.

Wakefield Turntables
18-05-2011, 18:42
Mine arrived today! just plugged them and listening to some soft machine, 1st impression is not bad, will get another 20 hours in before I make any proper conclusions.

RochaCullen
24-05-2011, 12:30

They are also available on amazon for a similar price, but you might get a better deal on the postage:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ZZQAVI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0GVTY6A8CYNQS1GDN5MK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128473&pf_rd_i=468294

DSJR
24-05-2011, 17:34
Not as posh but good wire and plugs -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HQ-3-5-Stereo-Jack-2-Phono-RCA-Audio-Cable-OFC-1m-/130263074414?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item1e5448c66e

£3.39 inc P&P. Can't be any good can they :rolleyes:?

Reid Malenfant
24-05-2011, 17:38
Good cable that is :) I'm using the very same from active crossovers to power amps (equivalent to 8 mono cables) which are 10M long each.

The same stuff is used for component video cables which is actually what mine are. Copper braid & an aluminised foil screen, bandwidth to over 10MHz...

What's not to like ;) Oh, they sound good to :cool:

Jac Hawk
24-05-2011, 21:57
Not as posh but good wire and plugs -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HQ-3-5-Stereo-Jack-2-Phono-RCA-Audio-Cable-OFC-1m-/130263074414?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item1e5448c66e

£3.39 inc P&P. Can't be any good can they :rolleyes:?

No is the simple answer:( they look good in the picture but in reality they're just cheap cables, nothing special and the plugs are moulded on, that metal outer is just for show and isn't really needed. the kindest thing you could say is that they are an improvement on the free cables you get with a new piece of kit.

Reid Malenfant
24-05-2011, 22:11
Sorry Mike but i must totally disagree. The cables are of a good quality. Not only are they usable as a digital interconnect due to the 75ohm impedance but if you have read my above post you'll see they are eminently suitable for audio interconnects as they have a bandwidth that pisses all over audio cables.

I'm using 8 x 10M of the very same & i'm totally happy indeed, i couldn't ask for more at the price. The plugs are alloy with a nice gold plated inner screened connection & the centre pin is also pretty substantial & gold plated as well.

The cables are fully screened with at least 90% coverage interwoven copper wire & there is an overall screen of aluminised mylar foil.

They are a bloody bargain.

E2A:- Perhaps you'd like to take it up with Mark Grant that his HDMI cables are cheap because his plugs are "molded on" rather than something else...

Jac Hawk
24-05-2011, 22:39
I'm not saying they're not well made or that they aren't good value, I got the very same cable for my ipod and at the same time bought a pair of HQ phono leads, the heads aren't alloy, they're plastic with an alloy collar held in place with a grub screw, the plugs themselves are ok in the fact that they do the job required, but mine seemed a little slack and didn't grip the socket as well as i would have liked, the cable itself is nice and thick but not very supple and once again it sounds ok, nothing flash, for the money they're ok but IMHO the belkins wipe the floor with them no question, and for not much more coin, they just didn't make me go:wow: I still use the mini jack to phono lead on my ipod dock as there doesn't seem any point using a better cable as the music is lossy anyway. I respect your opinion Mark but for me if it was a choice between the HQ's or the Belkins i know which ones i would go for every time

Reid Malenfant
24-05-2011, 22:53
:) Belkin don't make 7M+ leads though, so for the money & my needing 7M leads these are a bargain. Obviously i can't compare them because of the length difference, but quality wise they pee all over anything i have used at the price.

There appears to be an alloy outer fairly thick sleeve on the plugs, this is surrounding a gold plated screened connection. Yep, there is a grub screw somewhere i seem to remember!

Look up component video cables on fleabay Mike. Find the very same & i'll think you'd be surprised at the price of a 10M cable that supports 3 different connections :eyebrows:

I actually prefer these due to the way they are made. I appear to get more mains frequency hum from the White belkin cables where as these are as silent as a windless desert night.

Jac Hawk
25-05-2011, 00:04
point taken about the cable lengths mate

RochaCullen
30-05-2011, 10:38
I've ordered two sets of these babys based on the performance of the belkin speaker wire, which is great stuff.

I was wondering, since this stuff comes in 2.4 metre lengths whether anyone has decided to dice it up and create a number of separate interconnects with better plugs. I have a bunch of cardas silvers in a box crying out to be used. I am thinking keep one of the belkins intact, and dice the other into three separate ICs for use with my cardas plugs. Is resoldering of the cable a fidly thing to do, some cables are a b%t$h to resolder after cutting?

Nathan

The Grand Wazoo
30-05-2011, 10:49
Read Anthony's comments right near the start of this thread - you may be dissuaded from bothering.

EDIT:
From Post No. 29

Jac Hawk
30-05-2011, 10:52
Are you talking about the grey Pure A/V interconnectors Nathan? if so they are not very easy to work with each of the conductors are of a different type and thickness of copper and some of the conductors are even encased in a soft plastic, so you would have to burn them clean 1st, now i'm not saying it isn't possible, but why bother for the price?

RochaCullen
30-05-2011, 10:58
Are you talking about the grey Pure A/V interconnectors Nathan? if so they are not very easy to work with each of the conductors are of a different type and thickness of copper and some of the conductors are even encased in a soft plastic, so you would have to burn them clean 1st, now i'm not saying it isn't possible, but why bother for the price?

Thanks Guys,

I can see myself now, with my clunky soldering iron, fighting to keep the burnt, plastic-smeared conductors in place, while I utter words normally only heard from the likes of Frankie Boyle. I think I'll take your advice and steer clear.

Nathan

Jac Hawk
30-05-2011, 22:24
mate it's just not worth at 100 hail mary's you'll have to do after confessional:eek::lolsign:

Tarzan
15-06-2011, 14:16
After plugging in me Belkin speaker cable (cheers Effem) and having good success, l plugged the interconnects back in and...... they sound rather like the speaker cable, great bass and bass control, so l would urge any body who is using them to give them a long burn in period, because in my system they do sound different, every time l re- plug them in- patience is a virtue chaps:):cool:

worthingpagan
15-06-2011, 14:56
After plugging in me Belkin speaker cable (cheers Effem) and having good success, l plugged the interconnects back in and...... they sound rather like the speaker cable, great bass and bass control, so l would urge any body who is using them to give them a long burn in period, because in my system they do sound different, every time l re- plug them in- patience is a virtue chaps:):cool:

ahh, i was going to ask you on the other thread but you've answered my question here, except, how long have you been burning the belkins? cheers Tarzan, Mark. :cheers:

Tarzan
15-06-2011, 18:00
ahh, i was going to ask you on the other thread but you've answered my question here, except, how long have you been burning the belkins? cheers Tarzan, Mark. :cheers:

Hi Mark, hard to say really, l use three sets of various speaker cables, so l alternate between them depending on mood etc, maybe 20 hrs roughly, but they do seem to get better everytime l plug them them back in, that goes for the interconnect and speaker cable, l am now going to keep them in situ for a while:) For the money these are remarkable value for money:cool:.

Alan
16-06-2011, 15:52
I think these are the original cables referred to. I bought a pair some time ago for my second system & they are excellent.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270758994258&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Tarzan
16-06-2011, 18:02
I think these are the original cables referred to. I bought a pair some time ago for my second system & they are excellent.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270758994258&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thats the kiddies:)

ursus262
16-06-2011, 22:12
Thats the kiddies:)
The trouble is, why are they so ridiculously long? :mental:

Ali Tait
17-06-2011, 07:17

I'd venture to suggest that what you are hearing has more to do with unplugging and replugging the RCA's rather than the cable burning in.

icehockeyboy
17-06-2011, 09:25
I'd venture to suggest that what you are hearing has more to do with unplugging and replugging the RCA's rather than the cable burning in.

Surely that would only be relevant if the cables/plugs were old and a bit oxidised? :scratch: As in plugging in/unplugging cleaned them each time ......

Ali Tait
17-06-2011, 10:32
It still makes a difference IMHO. What about the sockets on your amp?

Effem
17-06-2011, 11:08
It still makes a difference IMHO. What about the sockets on your amp?

???? Think about it ;)

Macca
17-06-2011, 11:12
Okay I am late on this bandwagon but I have just ordered a set. You can never have enough interconnects:rolleyes:

ursus262
19-06-2011, 18:27
I'll be interested to learn how you get on with them, Martin

Macca
22-06-2011, 23:16
Received cables today - applied twixt CD player and pre-amp.

'Truly amazed' - yep that is spot on.

I'm not going to go into a host of detail as to how they sound. Try for yourself. They have just replaced a high quality silver interconnect and will be staying put (until I come across something better:)

Macca
25-06-2011, 13:08
Just ordered 2 more sets of these cables. One is for a mate who is also 'truly amazed'.

Of course it's all in the mind:lolsign:

Wakefield Turntables
25-06-2011, 19:16
I now have 4 pairs of these in my system, latest ones are from my Dynalab tuner and the results for FM radio listening are quite good. I dont think these are as good as silver interconnects but for the price they are excellent value for money!

MCRU
25-06-2011, 19:37
The speaker cables are better............:ner:

Wakefield Turntables
25-06-2011, 21:40

Well I'm off to Italy for two weeks on Monday but when I get back the Technics and all my other bits and pieces are going to get a good reviewing. And my speakers will hopefully have better cabling, I then have to think what I'm gonna do for my Quad ESL 57's when i get them :eek::eek:

DSJR
26-06-2011, 10:31

I'd read that they weren't, but not having heard them myself, I'll keep open on this..

Does ANYONE know if any 1.2m sets can be got? 2.4m runs are just too long for what I need.

Macca
26-06-2011, 10:43
I'd read that they weren't, but not having heard them myself, I'll keep open on this..

Does ANYONE know if any 1.2m sets can be got? 2.4m runs are just too long for what I need.

It doesn't look like there is any other size but you could buy a roll of unterminated and make up your own lengths:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BELKIN-PURE-AV-SILVER-SERIES-16AWG-SPEAKER-CABLE-30FT-/200552651358?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item2eb1de9a5e

Jac Hawk
26-06-2011, 10:44

I've not seen any, but then i tend to go for this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200552651358&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT i've used it for a while now, and although it needs a long burn in, it's well worth it in the end

worthingpagan
26-06-2011, 12:21
The reeled cable is made very differently to the av cables, it doesn't have the internal silicone sleeving surrounding the individual strands, not sure that it sounds quite as good, but i might be wrong

Alex_UK
16-08-2011, 10:05
Has anyone got a source (or have a spare they want to sell) for the 1.2M PureAV Silver Series RCA Digital Coaxial cable? (The white or grey one.) Cheapest I can find is going to be about £12 inc. P & P.

MCRU
16-08-2011, 10:26
so is £12 inc postage too much boss????:)

what are you expecting to pay bearing in mind it will cost £4 to post them from a private sale? :)

WAD62
16-08-2011, 11:00
Has anyone got a source (or have a spare they want to sell) for the 1.2M PureAV Silver Series RCA Digital Coaxial cable? (The white or grey one.) Cheapest I can find is going to be about £12 inc. P & P.

These ones Alex? OK they're 2m but they are the white ones...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELKIN-PURE-AV-RCA-Audio-Cable-2m-AD80300qn2M-White-/300581616426?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item45fc0f7b2a#ht_690wt_889

Alex_UK
16-08-2011, 11:50
so is £12 inc postage too much boss????:)

what are you expecting to pay bearing in mind it will cost £4 to post them from a private sale? :)

Yeah, I'm being a skinflint, aren't I? :lol:

I've just bought the £12 one, and I'll shuffle back under my rock now! ;)

Alex_UK
16-08-2011, 11:51
These ones Alex? OK they're 2m but they are the white ones...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELKIN-PURE-AV-RCA-Audio-Cable-2m-AD80300qn2M-White-/300581616426?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item45fc0f7b2a#ht_690wt_889

Cheers Will - it was the single SPDIF coax I was after, but just bought the £12 one and hang the expense! :lol:

DSJR
16-08-2011, 16:03
Just made up an SPDIF cable using some satellite-grade coax cable and a couple of cheap Neutrik plugs. Works ok for me ;)

WAD62
17-08-2011, 10:16
Cheers Will - it was the single SPDIF coax I was after, but just bought the £12 one and hang the expense! :lol:

Ah sorry Alex...:doh:

I got 2 * 1M white coaxes for £7.99 + p&p about 4 months ago, as digital cables they are excellent IMHO ;)

wee tee cee
18-08-2011, 14:55
Alex,
Was It the grey one with the yellow insert/quad sheilded 1.2m.2 make a craking phono pair.I was using 4 to bi-amp with splitters,just got some mark gran t bi-amp cable and they are smoother on first listening but the belkins for the money are terrific.Just put the MGs in at lunch time so they will need a while burning in.
Regards Tony.

Alex_UK
18-08-2011, 15:05
Hi Tony - yes, that's the one. I want it to use my current Mike Homar special cable between a USB/SPDIF converter and DAC, so just the one run to replace the one from my CD . Waiting for the converter to arrive before I swap over.

wee tee cee
18-08-2011, 16:07
I run the MF v link into The MF M1.Gazgam on here brought round one marcos supra trico/wtb cables,afraid it was so good Mark Grant got the order for one the next day.Dare say, Marco might be willing to give you a listen it if you can wrestle it away from Gary.
Regards Tony.

Jonboy
19-08-2011, 13:24
blimey those av cables have shot up in price, mine was a penny under a fiver delivered, something to do with this forum perhaps

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250639729332&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Folkboy
19-08-2011, 19:26
The single grey ones have a yellow coloured insert on the plugs.Model number is AV51200EA04.
I thought I'd get a pair of these as well. So using the above reference number and the inclusion of the yellow insert I found an ebay auction selling the cable at a reasonable price.

The trouble with ebaying when tired you get wirds moxed up. I thought I had ordered two of these (click pic for abay link):
http://i.imgur.com/VjTZ7.jpg (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120761438030)

but it turns out I've had delivered two pair of these:

http://i.imgur.com/CzvaVl.jpg

The seller has got it wrong and sent me the wrong cables, not me. Is that right? If that's so, I'll email him asap and get them to send out the right cables. Bah.

Alex_UK
19-08-2011, 22:00
I'm not the Belkin expert, but I think you've done good, there - you've ended up with 2 two pairs instead of one pair, and the "proper" phono/phono interconnects, rather than two separate digital SPDIF leads - personally, I would be happy - but then I've not compared 2 x digital cables vs the "proper" interconnects - has anyone else? Pretty sure they are the same cable, underneath. (But what do I know!)

Jonboy
19-08-2011, 22:41
looks like you have got a set of component cables for home cinema stuff, DVD to tv cables

I thought I'd get a pair of these as well. So using the above reference number and the inclusion of the yellow insert I found an ebay auction selling the cable at a reasonable price.

The trouble with ebaying when tired you get wirds moxed up. I thought I had ordered two of these (click pic for abay link):
http://i.imgur.com/VjTZ7.jpg (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120761438030)

but it turns out I've had delivered two pair of these:

http://i.imgur.com/CzvaVl.jpg

The seller has got it wrong and sent me the wrong cables, not me. Is that right? If that's so, I'll email him asap and get them to send out the right cables. Bah.

RoboCopper
22-05-2012, 13:15
Hi,
I know the thread is old, but I guess this cable can be still found (I am referring for post number one)?

Is it this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELKIN-RCA-Audio-Cable-AV20303-06-WHT-/390196456307?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item5ad9856b73

Or maybe this one (it says white):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-Pure-AV-RCA-Audio-Cable-premium-Audio-Quality-AD80300qn2M-White-/270959168320?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Ca bles_Adapters&hash=item3f166ccb40

RoboCopper
22-05-2012, 15:19
Honnestly guys, i've done a side by side test and there is no difference between the white ones and the grey ones, if they are sold in pairs they are the same cables just the grey ones are a bit longer and in the newer colours, that's it. Now there is a belkin cable that looks the same as the white ones but it is a different construction and it's sold singley and is ment to be a digital cable, i've never tried this cable as a normal analogue interconnector so don't know if it sounds better or worse

Where can I find those grey ones than?
What is the Belkin code #?

synsei
22-05-2012, 18:46
Unless you need 4.8m runs this is about the only place I can find which is selling these at the shorter lengths and they are in the States :eyebrows: : Belkin PureAV AV50300-08 8-Foot RCA Audio Cable (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000653J16/ref=asc_df_B000653J162022125?smid=A19R3BN6ZSO9A1&tag=dealtmp3722-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B000653J16) :cool:

RoboCopper
22-05-2012, 19:02
Unless you need 4.8m runs this is about the only place I can find which is selling these at the shorter lengths and they are in the States :eyebrows: : Belkin PureAV AV50300-08 8-Foot RCA Audio Cable (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000653J16/ref=asc_df_B000653J162022125?smid=A19R3BN6ZSO9A1&tag=dealtmp3722-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B000653J16) :cool:

Ok, you get a beer.... :)

What I understood from Amazon page that code number is: AV50300

So on ebay there are:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDIO-PAIR-CABLE-RCA-2-4m-BELKIN-PURE-AV-GOLD-PLATED-AV50300BEA08-NEW-/150774474242?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item231adbe602

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-AV50300ea08-Audio-Cable-RCA-2-4m-AV-RCA-Audio-Cable-Tray-13-/120911807932?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Ca bles_Adapters&hash=item1c26e7c5bc

cables with the same code.

Both seller based in UK which suits me better.

Cheers

synsei
22-05-2012, 22:20
Ah, those sellers did not appear in my search, perhaps they were hiding :lol: I'm glad you found them in the UK anyway ;)

RoboCopper
23-05-2012, 06:59
Ok, you get a beer.... :)

What I understood from Amazon page that code number is: AV50300

So on ebay there are:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDIO-PAIR-CABLE-RCA-2-4m-BELKIN-PURE-AV-GOLD-PLATED-AV50300BEA08-NEW-/150774474242?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item231adbe602

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-AV50300ea08-Audio-Cable-RCA-2-4m-AV-RCA-Audio-Cable-Tray-13-/120911807932?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Ca bles_Adapters&hash=item1c26e7c5bc

cables with the same code.

Both seller based in UK which suits me better.

Cheers

So that is the wire in question?

Russell Turner
03-06-2012, 08:31
Late to party...

Are these the interconnects that the original poster was referring to:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-Pure-AV-RCA-Audio-Cable-premium-Audio-Quality-AD80300qn2M-White-/270959168320?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Ca bles_Adapters&amp;hash=item3f166ccb40#ht_895wt_665

They have the AD80300qn2M part number and the descriptions says white and the length ties in as well.

many thanks,

p.s. I have on order the Belkin speaker cables that were mentioned around these parts.

Effem
03-06-2012, 15:07
Late to party...

Are these the interconnects that the original poster was referring to:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-Pure-AV-RCA-Audio-Cable-premium-Audio-Quality-AD80300qn2M-White-/270959168320?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Ca bles_Adapters&amp;hash=item3f166ccb40#ht_895wt_665

They have the AD80300qn2M part number and the descriptions says white and the length ties in as well.

many thanks,

p.s. I have on order the Belkin speaker cables that were mentioned around these parts.

Without a better picture to look at on that ebay listing, they would appear to be the same cable as I originally posted

wee tee cee
03-06-2012, 18:27
had a wee listen to my sons system with belkin yellow co-ax interconnects in a bi amp configuration and the terminated speaker cables bi amping......sounds very respectable..

MCRU
03-06-2012, 19:12
Just found a set in my garage, un-opened too! Maybe I should fit some WBT or Eichmann RCA plugs on and see what happens!

Wakefield Turntables
04-06-2012, 09:35
Is this thread still going!!! I've got about 5 pairs of these and I use them in my valve setup to great effect. Just buy some and enjoy. They do take a while to burn in but once burned they are very good for the money.

Russell Turner
04-06-2012, 09:51
Thing that is putting me off replacing my homebrew Belden 89259 interconnect is the ENORMOUS length of the Belkins, my current interconnect is half a meter in length and is fine.

Macca
04-06-2012, 09:56
I ahve a couple of sets of these cables but I abandoned using them in my main set up. I had one twixt cdp and pre and one twixt pre and power. Swapping between Audioqust turqoise and the belkin between pre/power makes quite a difference with the Audioqust clearly superior. With the Belkin the sound was thinner, lacked body, was somehow just not 'right'.

Between CDP and pre I felt that the Belkin, whilst crisp and clear, had some sort of upper treble artifact, a buzz or slight breakup that got annoying after a while.

Of course your mileage may vary.

Wakefield Turntables
04-06-2012, 11:45
Thing that is putting me off replacing my homebrew Belden 89259 interconnect is the ENORMOUS length of the Belkins, my current interconnect is half a meter in length and is fine.

Dont bother then! Or, buy a pair, chop them into 4 equal lengths, terminate them and you have 4 sets of 0.5m interconnects, simples. :eyebrows:

wee tee cee
06-06-2012, 16:18
Buy 1m co-ax leads....they have the yellow insert in the sockets. I found they edged the the red and blue phono leads on 2.5 m configuration.
Great value cables.....need quite a few hours to settle down though.

leescratchy
24-05-2017, 16:37
Hi there, quite a long shot but would anyone have some of those AV50300 in 4ft or 8ft please? I can prolly find good stuff to trade too so please PM, thanks in advance.

Getgaff
27-05-2017, 10:52
Hi there, quite a long shot but would anyone have some of those AV50300 in 4ft or 8ft please? I can prolly find good stuff to trade too so please PM, thanks in advance.

I can't seem to PM you, but I might be able to help you out.