PDA

View Full Version : Problem backing up CD to Flac

Canetoad
25-11-2010, 16:48
I bought a 2nd hand copy of Astronaut - Duran Duran and wanted to back it up as a flac for my Squeezebox. EAC won't copy it. If I use AudioGrabber the resultant WAV and flac files play with a stutter all the way through. Even iTunes will only import the first second or so of each song.:(

I figure it has some sort of security feature to stop copying. Has anybody had the same problem? Does anybody know a workaround? This is the only CD I have that I can't copy.

Failing all else I guess I'll just have to do an analogue backup of it.

Stratmangler
25-11-2010, 16:57
This of any use ?
http://cd-burning-software-review.toptenreviews.com/cd-encryption.html

Canetoad
25-11-2010, 19:20
Chris, Worked a treat. Amazing!

Thanks mate. :eek:

Stratmangler
25-11-2010, 19:31
Not bad for a guess, eh ?

Beechwoods
25-11-2010, 19:42
I used to have a Tascam CD player and recorder, and that wouldn't play protected CD's (like Roger Waters' Flickering Flame compilation). Given the CDP was a piece of hardware designed for playback of pre-recorded media I was more than a bit p'd off that it wouldn't play discs I'd purchased legitimately :(

At least in the US they have a legal right to back-up and copy stuff to other formats for personal use. We don't even have that, yet :(

Reid Malenfant
25-11-2010, 19:55
I used to have a Tascam CD player and recorder, and that wouldn't play protected CD's (like Roger Waters' Flickering Flame compilation). Given the CDP was a piece of hardware designed for playback of pre-recorded media I was more than a bit p'd off that it wouldn't play discs I'd purchased legitimately :(
Nick, a lot of CD players that used computer type drives (CD ROM) suffered this problem & there was a bit of a stink about it back in the day from what i remember :doh:

Not saying this was the case here, but it's a distinct possibility ;)

Canetoad
26-11-2010, 07:12
Not bad for a guess, eh ?

:youtheman::respect: