PDA

View Full Version : New War/Old War... Will South Korea reactivate the War with the North

Spectral Morn
23-11-2010, 08:29
I think anyone who has any interest in world events will be aware of the increasing tensions in Korea. This AMs news is that the North has attacked the South today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/southkorea/8153100/North-Korean-attack-on-Yeonpyeong-Island-is-worst-against-civilians-in-20-years.html

A military exercise being conducted by the South has been reacted to by the North firing well over 200 shells at a Southern controlled island near to the border with the North. This island is inhabited by civilians......there have been casualties.....many homes destroyed + a southern military base has been hit as well.

The War between the North and South never actually ended back in the 1950's is this the beginning of the reactivation of it ? Will the rest of the world get sucked into it ?

This is a very worrying situation :(

Regards D S D L

John
23-11-2010, 08:59
Its a scary thought in the last year you can see tensions between the two countries have really risen
Lets hope diplomacy can find a way

Spectral Morn
23-11-2010, 10:02
Its a scary thought in the last year you can see tensions between the two countries have really risen
Lets hope diplomacy can find a way

I hope so John but and to quote from the Telegraph.....

"The islands were the scene of three skirmishes between the navies of North and South Korea in 1999, 2002 and most recently in 2009 when a North Korean patrol ship was set on fire by South Korean gunfire.
The attack comes after nearly two years of deteriorating relations between the two Koreas, which reached a nadir last March after the sinking of a South Korean corvette, the Cheonan, with the loss of 46 lives"

This area has been the scene for a lot of grief over the last few years and after the sinking of the Cheonan the South does not talk to the North anymore...at least officially.

Regards D S D L

John
23-11-2010, 10:13
Remember even in the dark days of Northern Ireland people were still talking you never know what is really happening just hope people get a sense of how dangerous this could be North Korea has high intentions of obtaining the nucular bomb

Rare Bird
23-11-2010, 12:30
Lets hope the US dont get involved!

John
23-11-2010, 12:53
Be very suprised if the US gets inolved to much History

Spectral Morn
23-11-2010, 13:12

They still are.......

http://iplextra.indiatimes.com/article/06hZ3Sd3H35Qe?q=Kim+Jong-il

Regards D S D L

WAD62
23-11-2010, 15:14
FMS and the bloody headline on the BBC site is the poxy royal wedding...thanks for the nod.

Time to brush off the 'protect & survive pamphlet'

goraman
23-11-2010, 15:54
If Ronald Reagan where president,He would have smuthered that little runt with a pillow years ago!
I'm pretty much sick of north Korea,printing U.S. curentcy(counterfiting the doller)not that it makes much differance under Obama we can't print enough our selves.

North Korea is a little nightmare that needs to be leveled for the betterment of the world.

Margret Thatcher could also have laid the smack down on the little pubic crab!

goraman
23-11-2010, 18:31

Yes,Andre we will,will threaten to impose more santions:lol:

North Korea is being supported by Iran,Pakistan,lybia ect...
The south Korea has been a very successful Democracy of sorts,an industry giant and ali of the U.S.
With out some help from western military the north would take over South Koreas money,industry,military,and become a bigger monster than it is now.

I think we should Carpet bomb with Dasy cutters,1000lb.ers and drop one or 2 low level nukes on them as a warning!

Let the B-52's sore once more!

John
23-11-2010, 18:49
Well after the next election you might have your wish as possibilty of Sarah Palin winning

Spectral Morn
23-11-2010, 18:53
Removing the "Dear leader" and his family will not be easy in fact Imho impossible.

Korea is one of the few countries that could cause another World War. China is a strong ally having involved itself back in the Korean civil war (late 1940's) which then became the Korean war almost a World War.

The only way things can be resolved is for the Dear leaders family to lose the devotion of the people. Make no mistake here the "Dear Leader" is worshipped as a god in North Korea. Anyone of a different persuasion in the main (but not exclusively) Christians are persecuted unto death by the North. The Northern Korean people need to rise up with the support of the army but it is unlikely to happen...it hasn't so far (that we know of) and conditions in the North are terrible.

Sanctions will not work but only give the North more amo to accuse the rest of the world with.

A conflict between North and South would be a disaster of Global proportions and it would quite possibly go Nuclear and draw in the rest of the world. I hope none of this happens.

Regards D S D L

goraman
23-11-2010, 19:23
Removing the "Dear leader" and his family will not be easy in fact Imho impossible.

Korea is one of the few countries that could cause another World War. China is a strong ally having involved itself back in the Korean civil war (late 1940's) which then became the Korean war almost a World War.

The only way things can be resolved is for the Dear leaders family to lose the devotion of the people. Make no mistake here the "Dear Leader" is worshipped as a god in North Korea. Anyone of a different persuasion in the main (but not exclusively) Christians are persecuted unto death by the North. The Northern Korean people need to rise up with the support of the army but it is unlikely to happen...it hasn't so far (that we know of) and conditions in the North are terrible.

Sanctions will not work but only give the North more amo to accuse the rest of the world with.

A conflict between North and South would be a disaster of Global proportions and it would quite possibly go Nuclear and draw in the rest of the world. I hope none of this happens.

Regards D S D L

The U.S. has a new stratagy to defeat China,to barrow all of Chinas money till they can't support a millitary any longer.:lol:

I sware the world is lost allready,nothing seems to make any sence to me.
Where is the UN ?

I know drafting a very pointed letter,It will read something like this...

Dearest Supream Grandpooba of North Korea,

In the name of peace,we condem your latest action ageinst South Korea in a very very very very strong way.
BAD BAD BAD BAD!
If you do it agein we will be forced to meet and discuss further sanctions and possable a senture!

Please don't force us to senture you as it feels really really bad.

We hope this letter has finally resolved this conflict and clairifyed our possition once and for all.

All the Best,United Nations

WAD62
23-11-2010, 20:23
The U.S. has a new stratagy to defeat China,to barrow all of Chinas money till they can't support a millitary any longer.:lol:

I sware the world is lost allready,nothing seems to make any sence to me.
Where is the UN ?

I know drafting a very pointed letter,It will read something like this...

Dearest Supream Grandpooba of North Korea,

In the name of peace,we condem your latest action ageinst South Korea in a very very very very strong way.
BAD BAD BAD BAD!
If you do it agein we will be forced to meet and discuss further sanctions and possable a senture!

Please don't force us to senture you as it feels really really bad.

We hope this letter has finally resolved this conflict and clairifyed our possition once and for all.

All the Best,United Nations

The UN has been completely undermined of late by the 'illegal' invasion of Iraq, by the beloved Blair & Bush alliance, oh and NATO too for that matter...

This is a real concern...

goraman
23-11-2010, 21:38
The UN has been completely undermined of late by the 'illegal' invasion of Iraq, by the beloved Blair & Bush alliance, oh and NATO too for that matter...

This is a real concern...

At what point could anyone undermine the UN more than the UN it's self.
Coffeeannan,his son, and also UN workers tradeing rice for sex with 12 year old girls.

Holding up food for the hungry because it was donated by the U.S.in times of emergency.
The UN is a bad joke and everyone knows it.
I've been to Pakistan and seen people laugh and shout crap at them when the trucks roll by.