PDA

View Full Version : Avatars, pic posting and the black arts ?

JazzBones
19-11-2010, 12:28
:please: Maybe I'm asking guidance that has already been given elswhere on this forum, if so please ' direct me to the right spot' ... I'm sure many a guy has asked the last question of his girlfriend/s in the past :grouphug: but I'm drifting in nostalgia again.

How do you, in the know, post your avatars and how do you post such informative pictures ? Could some kind soul, who loves animals, old hi fi rigs and is considerate towards the old, please give me a point by point lesson on how its done :scratch:

I am aware of Photobucket and Imageshack but have never used them, I believe the former is better for this forum? I use PC Windows 7 by the way.

Message to Marco, Could it be an idea to post a corner of the forum thread as to how the above should be done, merely a question?

Thanks to all who come to my aid,

Ron :cocktail:

Reid Malenfant
19-11-2010, 12:31
Click ME! (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2) :)

The Grand Wazoo
19-11-2010, 12:37
That deals with normal images, but to give yourself an avatar, you can click "User CP" at the top of any page in the purple bar below the banner. When you get to your control panel, click "Edit Avatar" in the Settings and Options box on the left hand side. The options it then offers you will let you choose something from the web (using the URL of the image - just as you would if hot-linking to a picture as described in the link that Mark supplied you with above) or to a picture from your own computer.

The Grand Wazoo
19-11-2010, 12:43
Ron,
There's also a 'How To....' sticky over on the Notice Board area - it's a list of links to various places where things like these can be found (but not how to set up your avatar - I'll see if I can sort that).
You'll find it here (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7549)

EDIT: Now sorted - the list now links back to this thread. Thanks for the idea Ron.

JazzBones
19-11-2010, 16:46
Thanks folks for the guidance... I bet my first attempt will be a muck up but a picture helps now and again. I would be using stuff my own camera has taken to avoid any infringement of copy right:rolleyes: I guess its possible to check out first in 'preview post' before submitting?

Thanks again for the help,

Ron

Reid Malenfant
19-11-2010, 16:48
I guess its possible to check out first in 'preview post' before submitting?
Absolutely :)

DSJR
19-11-2010, 17:13
Just make sure you have software to re-size piccies to 200 pixels max (on here) and around 100 on other sites...