PDA

View Full Version : Hello from London

blek99
17-11-2010, 12:44
Hi all,

After browsing the forum for quite some time I decided to actively participate. I'm still a newb when it comes to HiFi, I got my first real system only a year ago (MA BR2 speakers, Musical Fidelity A3cr Pre+Pow, Beresford Caiman Dac, mostly used stuff from ebay). I had a lots of fun with it, but decided to expand and am currently completing a new system - which is not gonna be a hard task due to knowledge and experience that resides in this forum :clap:

Reid Malenfant
17-11-2010, 13:57
Hi Dom, welcome to AoS :)

Nice system you have there, those choke regulated MF pre & power are pretty highly rated, maybe one day i'll get to actually listen to a pair :eyebrows:

So what kind of music do you like? I think we have a pretty broard spectrum of tastes on the forum so no need to be shy :lol:

which is not gonna be a hard task due to knowledge and experience that resides in this forum :clap:
Don't look at me, i'm just saying hello :uhho:

All the best to you & i hope you enjoy your stay :wave:

John
17-11-2010, 18:10
WElcome Dom Feel free to ask a way lots of really great knowledge here but my biggest advice isget to hear lots of different systems to get a sense of what you like Its a great way to meet people and learn too

blek99
17-11-2010, 18:11
Hi Dom, welcome to AoS :)

Nice system you have there, those choke regulated MF pre & power are pretty highly rated, maybe one day i'll get to actually listen to a pair :eyebrows:

When I was getting them I didn't know what choke regulation was :lol: A3 is a nice set for a small-size system, I think I will keep mine for a bedroom system when I upgrade.

As for my tastes - lots of electronics (so precision is important), some jazz and world music (where musicality is the key). Not easy to find the optimal setup :brickwall:

John
17-11-2010, 18:15
When I was getting them I didn't know what choke regulation was :lol: A3 is a nice set for a small-size system, I think I will keep mine for a bedroom system when I upgrade.

As for my tastes - lots of electronics (so precision is important), some jazz and world music (where musicality is the key). Not easy to find the optimal setup :brickwall:

Lol yes we all been down that path

Reid Malenfant
17-11-2010, 18:20
I'd feel a bit of a prat if i didn't know what & how the chokes work in those amps, but then i used to work in electronics & design, test & repair :lol:

All you need to know is that they improve the power supply quite a lot, which improves the amplifiers :)

So you like electronika, it's just about all i listen to so i know where you're coming from regarding precision ;)

Get a listen to some Yamaha NS1000M speakers on a decent amp (class A or heavily biased AB or a valve amp) & try to keep your wallet in your pocket :lolsign:

blek99
17-11-2010, 19:56
O yeah money seems to be the issue here - my thoughts when I finished listening to Krell KAV 400xi :stalks:

Reid Malenfant
17-11-2010, 19:57
There is always ebay & luck if you know what you are looking for ;)

All the best once again :)

DSJR
17-11-2010, 20:50
I'd feel a bit of a prat if i didn't know what & how the chokes work in those amps, but then i used to work in electronics & design, test & repair :lol:

All you need to know is that they improve the power supply quite a lot, which improves the amplifiers :)

So you like electronika, it's just about all i listen to so i know where you're coming from regarding precision ;)

Get a listen to some Yamaha NS1000M speakers on a decent amp (class A or heavily biased AB or a valve amp) & try to keep your wallet in your pocket :lolsign:

Tannoy Cheviots are better than NS1000's in a domestic situation and cost around the same these days on the used market. They don't need a zillion Watts per channel to make 'em go either ;)

Reid Malenfant
17-11-2010, 20:56
Tannoy Cheviots are better than NS1000's in a domestic situation and cost around the same these days on the used market. They don't need a zillion Watts per channel to make 'em go either ;)
:lolsign: Jeez, now you really are taking the mickey...

You think those things are accurate? :eyebrows: