PDA

View Full Version : Patience is a virtue

Reid Malenfant
15-11-2010, 20:38
Except when you just have to have it before anyone else (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140478446169&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) :eyebrows: Nothing like beating the Jones's :doh:

I thought it might hit £200 earlier, now i predict £250 :mental:

The Vinyl Adventure
15-11-2010, 22:22
£250 for a copy of a shit film on bluray without a case :doh:

aquapiranha
15-11-2010, 22:28
£250 for a copy of a shit film on bluray without a case :doh:

Indeed. I can't even see 3D myself. Now, Tron Legacy 'might' be good. I havejust watched 'Let the right one in', Swedish with subs, a great film.

Alex_UK
15-11-2010, 22:46
[OLD GIT MODE]At the risk of robbing the thread, is anyone remotely interested in 3D TV? I've jumped in early on everything (Sky+, then an HD Plasma, PS3 for Blu-Ray, Sky HD as soon as it came out) but this 3D malarky holds no interest for me, and I don't know why, really, apart from not wanting to pour any more early adopter money down the drain, Murdoch's or otherwise... That, and having to wear silly glasses - I don't even like wearing my own glasses and hardly ever do, so maybe that's it. Perhaps I should get a demo at Currys and see what all the fuss is about, but as far as I can see it is just the latest cash cow...[/OLD GIT MODE]

The Vinyl Adventure
15-11-2010, 22:49
Why can't you see 3d steve?

aquapiranha
15-11-2010, 22:55
Why can't you see 3d steve?

I have extreme myopia in my left eye, plus a partially detached retina. since 3D requires the alternate processing of an image from each eye to give the 3D effect, it does not work for me. However, if I wear the glasses and watch a 3D movie, I get a normal 2D image, and not the two 'out of sync' images you would normally get without the glasses.

So, 3D is a no go for me!

The Vinyl Adventure
15-11-2010, 23:02
Sorry to hear that steve ... I think I have read that else where actually ... Maybe in the last thread where we all mostly agreed that 3d tv is a waste of time :)

aquapiranha
15-11-2010, 23:09
Well I have lived with it for as long as I can remember so I am used to it now, good job I have golden ears to make up for it! :lol:

The retina falling off is a symptom of the condition, though it can be corrected using a laser to 'weld' the retina back on, those in the know at the eye hospital deem it a waste of time since it wont make any odds to my vision. So, unless it falls off complelely and floats about like a goldfish in a bowl I think it best left alone. Incidentally, the lens in my glasses is described as 'balance' lens, and is just about useless.

blind as a https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/MR900436147.jpg

The Vinyl Adventure
15-11-2010, 23:39
Sounds uncomfortable... Eye things make me feel odd ... My step mother is an optometrist... That didn't help, I dont like her either!

How you finding the bantam

Sorry, more thread drift!

aquapiranha
16-11-2010, 09:32
Hi Hamish. i really like the Bantam, powerful enough for the MLTL's and that nice Tripath sound. Steve