PDA

View Full Version : Rega 'Planar 3' Turntable

Rare Bird
09-11-2010, 19:15
On offer is an old Rega 'Planar 3' turntable i've had stored for ages, it's an early one (Plastic covers over the feet). Originally had 'RB200' fitted later fitted with 'RB300', both long gone.. (Prefered the '200')

It's in nice condition has odd marks on lid (nothing that i guess couldnt be polished out)
Can i just repeat that it has no arm..The belt will get you running but could do with a new one even though i kept it stored on the smallest pulley, the decks been stored away more time than used :)

This is the deal even though it's very well packed with thick polystyrene lining & the platter, deck & lid are seperated, i won't hold any responcibility for that lid getting broken, the lid does have a couple inch thick polystyrene ontop & the box is oversized....

I will throw in a white Acrylic platter mat as i don't have the original Rega mat anymore.

Offers then, i'm gonna sell this as is as i can't be doing with moaning punters, ..UK postage tenner.All packed ready for courior

open to offers to get rid.

thank you.. :)

DSJR
09-11-2010, 21:26
Grab it someone and fit an R200 arm to it (or maybe the baby Jelco?)

The feet shouldn't be tightened as there are deliberately washers betwixt feet and plinth, the feet should spin quite freely.

Andr'e, I have far too many decks right now and we're bursting at the seams with my clutter. Good luck with the sale.

Alex_UK
09-11-2010, 22:14
I already have the same vintage model, with an R200 arm, and it is a bloomin' good deck, (sounds especially good with the ADC VLM cartridge I've got in it at the mo, courtesy of DSJR and the Techie deal) - if there is someone out there looking to kick off on vinyl you could do a lot worse - good luck Andre.

Rare Bird
10-11-2010, 10:25
The feet shouldn't be tightened as there are deliberately washers betwixt feet and plinth, the feet should spin quite freely.

Maybe on later ones but the ones with the plastic covers dont

Rare Bird
12-11-2010, 14:29
Bum
Here goes theres a cheap RB200 there

Rare Bird
22-11-2010, 03:41
Deck sold. Many thanx