PDA

View Full Version : Hello Folks

Brad - Virtual Dynamics
31-01-2008, 18:15
I'm a 25 year old gentleman that runs the marketing department for a Canadian cable technology manufacturer. I'm interested in science, sound, and design. I hope to make a few friends here.

*waves*

snapper
31-01-2008, 18:17
Hi Brad

Welcome to the forum.

Marco
31-01-2008, 18:23
Hi Brad,

Welcome to the forum :)

I've been following your collegue's contributions elsewhere with interest ;)

You'll find us a very open-minded bunch here.

Enjoy!

Marco.

Marco
31-01-2008, 18:37
Hey David,

Imagine there being a 'Borrheid' (Barrhead) in Canada? I just can't picture it, can you? :D

Sorry, Brad. There's a small town just outside Glasgow, Scotland, called "Barrhead", and somehow I can't imagine they look the same :p

Marco.

Filterlab
31-01-2008, 19:03
Hi Brad and welcome. Nice to have you here. :)

snapper
31-01-2008, 19:31
Hey David,

Imagine there being a 'Borrheid' (Barrhead) in Canada? I just can't picture it, can you? :D

Sorry, Brad. There's a small town just outside Glasgow, Scotland, called "Barrhead", and somehow I can't imagine they look the same :p

Marco.

I thought that myself,although,as with most places there is good and bad,let's hope 'Borrheid' in Canada is the former.

Brad - Virtual Dynamics
31-01-2008, 20:24
Hey David,

Marco.

Actually, that's what the town was named after. I've lived here most of my life, except when I went off to school to get my degree.

The name just means that it's the end of the railroad track, which it was, until they removed them a couple years ago. :D

It's a nice little town, and even nicer a huge line of digital fibre runs about 20 feet behind my house (it's underground, but yeah). I think the line feeds northern BC, Yukon and Alaska!

Brad - Virtual Dynamics
31-01-2008, 20:39
There's a small town just outside Glasgow, Scotland, called "Barrhead", and somehow I can't imagine they look the same :p

Not unless it looks like this...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8410/mainstreet1wo8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/1269/mainstreet2dx5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Also, it's been between -20 and -40 for the past 3 days, which is starting to get a bit old. :p

snapper
31-01-2008, 20:44
Also, it's been between -20 and -40 for the past 3 days, which is starting to get a bit cold. :p

T-shirt weather for the Scottish 'Borrheid' people.

:D

Marco
31-01-2008, 20:46
Brad,

It looks just a *little* bit different. If it was Barrhead in Scotland, the cars would be burnt out! :p

Nice little town, but then I'm biased because I love snow :)

Put it this way, at this time of year I'd rather be skiing in Austria than lying on a beach in Spain... It's just my particular preference - and my wife is even worse. She wants to go to the ice hotel in Lapland :cool:

Snow rules!

Marco.

enbee23
01-02-2008, 09:42
Hi Brad,
Barrhead (AB) looks good, all we have here is constant grey wet & miserable RAIN :mad:

A parcel from you guys is waiting for me at the post office, I'll be picking it up early next week :)
Rick asked for feedback so will write something as soon as I've had a chance to listen properly.

Take care,
Nick

Brad - Virtual Dynamics
01-02-2008, 15:28
Hi Brad,
Barrhead (AB) looks good, all we have here is constant grey wet & miserable RAIN :mad:

A parcel from you guys is waiting for me at the post office, I'll be picking it up early next week :)
Rick asked for feedback so will write something as soon as I've had a chance to listen properly.

Take care,
Nick

Hey Nick,

Awesome! I'll let Rick know.

That got there pretty quickly for international, It wasn't that long ago that I was hassling production about your order :-)

Sounds like this cold is gonna let up by Monday, and we'll be back in the -10 to -20 range, but more snow!

Never too much rain around here, maybe a week of cold rainy weather a year, and then 1 big blizzard too (which, as you can see, we just had.)

I'll take all the moisture we can get, helps the crops come spring.

-Brad