Linn interconnects and cable talk speaker cable

Sorry for the bad pics bad lighting

dantheman91
01-11-2010, 08:31
What do you lot think then

Alex_UK
01-11-2010, 09:33
Hi Dan,

I didn't make any comment, because to be honest, the pictures are just too dark to really see properly - but it does look like you've got a challenge to fit everything in. I'm sure the sound would be improved if you could get some free space around the speakers, but I'm guessing that just isn't possible in your circumstances, and this is probably the best you will be able to get. If you could sort some better pictures sometime I think you will get a better response - difficult to see you're kit and how it is isolated - one thing I would say straight away though is to try your turntable with the lid off (not sure if it is the same as my early 80's Planar 3 but that just lifts straight off) but I suspect it would help a lot - worth a try, anyway.

dantheman91
01-11-2010, 10:04
Cheers alex i will uploads some better pics soon i have freeied up space around the speakers i happy with the way it is for now

Beechwoods
01-11-2010, 18:02
Hi Dan. Better pics would definitely help! It's tough getting good pictures when it's light so late in the morning, and so early in the evening! I like your speakers, Rogers LS7's, according to your profile. I have 149's What kind of sound do you get?

dantheman91
01-11-2010, 18:22
Hi

The sound i get from the Rogers LS7'S is absolutly superb;);). i have the perfect stereo image from this system thats right for my ears i am sat perfectly from the sound stage about 6 foot from the system

dan

Puffin
01-11-2010, 20:22
Ah ha. A Pioneer A400 and Marantz CD52, a classic 80's combo. What's your viewof the sound with the Rogers?

dantheman91
05-11-2010, 19:12
New pictures As requested.

michaelhigh
06-11-2010, 01:01

Hawkwind, Yeah.

aquapiranha
06-11-2010, 23:16
Hi

The sound i get from the Rogers LS7'S is absolutly superb;);). i have the perfect stereo image from this system thats right for my ears i am sat perfectly from the sound stage about 6 foot from the system

dan

I have just been floored by a pair of lowly LS1's (the newer ones) I bought for £25 0ff ebay. Hard to believe something so small and cheap can sound so good. I think I might have to investigate the bigger models too. Also I would like to hear some nice Harbeths. Thanks for the pics.

goraman
07-11-2010, 03:27
Your next upgrade should be a light bulb.
WELCOME!

dantheman91
07-11-2010, 08:30
dont i know it these energy saving ones are shite.

dantheman91
07-11-2010, 08:35
I have just been floored by a pair of lowly LS1's (the newer ones) I bought for £25 0ff ebay. Hard to believe something so small and cheap can sound so good. I think I might have to investigate the bigger models too. Also I would like to hear some nice Harbeths. Thanks for the pics.

Hi

Evan the mini rogers speakers suprise me i had a pair of ls2/a's they were again superb i owned them for about a year shows how much i liked them the rogers LS7'S on the other hand will serve me a life time. £25 is a bargin

Macca
07-11-2010, 10:43
Hi Dan

Love the look of the speakers and the record deck - like travelling back in time! Couldn't live with that wallpaper though!

I always thought the Cyrus 1 a bit hard and thin but that was through the cheaper Mission speakers of the day, I can see how it would match well with the Rogers, though. I know some people don't approve of building a good sounding system using the 'synergy' principle but if you haven't got much cash to chuck around I think it is the best way of getting a sound that suits you and that you can live with.

Regards

dantheman91
07-11-2010, 10:54
Hi

i know the wallpaper is a bit old fashioned but that dosnt matter because i am moving house soon. anyway im sure can live with this system for years it will be a long time before i upgrade the system. this suits my ears it does everything i need it too.

:cool:

Alex_UK
07-11-2010, 13:21
Hi Dan, thanks for the better pictures. When you move house, I would suggest investing in a Rega wall shelf for the Planar 3? Personally I haven't tried it because my Planar 3 is not in my main system but "those who know these things" on here have frequently given out this advice (hifi_dave & Dave DSJR) and I am sure they are right. I think a dedicated rack would probably improve the CD player & amp - you can pick them up pretty cheap on the bay, but a very nice system I reckon.

dantheman91
08-11-2010, 07:23
Hey alex yes i was planing on getting a rega wall shelf i think it will look a lot nicer. i think i will need to invest in a deadicated hi-fi rack which ones would you lot recommend.?

Rare Bird
08-11-2010, 14:14
Hey alex yes i was planing on getting a rega wall shelf i think it will look a lot nicer. i think i will need to invest in a deadicated hi-fi rack which ones would you lot recommend.?

Hi Dan
I use this, they are about £150.00, they come with glass shelf & standard metal spikes, i just replaced the spikes with Stainless & binned the glass shelf for Granite.. There's some serious weight there hanging so good quality Wall bolts are imperative.

Marco
08-11-2010, 14:21
Hi Andre,

Out of interest, who makes them and where do you get them from? :)

Marco.

kt66
10-11-2010, 19:25

about 18 years ago I had a Cyrus 2 + PSX with Rogers LS4a - always
sounded right to me, at least until I saw the thermonic light!

your LS7s are superb speakers and derserve much better, so don't change
them.

dantheman91
10-11-2010, 19:53
Hey kt66

Yes they are superb i think they sound just fine with the cyrus 1 and will not be upgrading anytime soon.