PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous Denon DP3000 Turntable for sale.

greenhomeelectronics
16-07-2008, 12:31
Hi Folks, we currently have in stock a very nice Denon DP3000 turntable complete with SME3009 cartridge. A superb deck in excellent condition, see the following link for full details: http://www.greenhomeshop.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=748

Dave.

snapper
16-07-2008, 12:39
Quick,Rob.

Go and buy it.

:gig:

Filterlab
16-07-2008, 13:57
Man, that looks very yummy! Only problem though; no records, no pre-amp, no phono stage. :(

Gorgeous!

http://www.greenhomeshop.co.uk/shop/images/Denon-DP3000.jpg

Marco
16-07-2008, 14:20
Dave,

That is a very, very, nice turntable! Pretty rare, too, in the UK market I would have thought... Is it ok for UK voltage? I thought those were only available for sale on the Japanese market.

Marco.

greenhomeelectronics
17-07-2008, 12:13
Stop making excuses, Rob. You know you want it :-)
Yes Marco, It is a 240 Volt unit. It used to be owned by a senior bod at SME, I think he had it imported or brought it in to the country or something. Lovely piece of kit, very well engineered.

Marco
17-07-2008, 13:34
Thanks for that, Dave :)

Then quite simply it will be *AWESOME*. You cannot get anything like it in the UK. Those are normally made for the Japanese and US markets only so the fact that it's been converted for UK voltage makes it extremely attractive.

The quality of the direct-drive motor unit is likely to be almost on a par with an SP-10 and as such in turn will likely outperform pretty much anything that's out there short of the truly esoteric. I wouldn't be surprised if it outperformed my modified 1210. The Denon D/D systems are in the highest rank, and the good news is they’re still currently produced (being sold new in Japan) so no worries about obtaining parts or servicing!

All it needs (if you're really serious about sound quality) is a better arm. I'm not a massive fan of the 3009. However as a package, with the more desirable fixed headshell 3009, and given the calibre of the motor unit and that it's been converted for UK voltage, it is quite frankly astonishing value. I have to say that you're doing yourself a disservice by selling it for such a low price.

Given my experience in this area I am utterly certain that if you put it on Ebay and aimed it at enthusiasts in the European and UK market who know what it is you'd get double what you're asking for it, especially considering its SME provenance. I'm quite sure one of their "top bods" wasn't using it just for the good of his health! ;)

Guys,

If any of you are after a no-compromise top-notch turntable I'd snap Dave's hands off for this unit before he changes his mind and gets what it's really worth... :trust:

Marco.

Mike
17-07-2008, 13:50
Hmmm... Its a good deck, but not the most lusted after of the Denon's. That would be a DP6000 or DP5000. Theres some stuff about them on the old t'interweb somewhere. Try google.

Mike
17-07-2008, 13:51
Here's summat: http://de.geocities.com/bc1a69/denon_eng.html

Marco
17-07-2008, 13:54
Mikey, believe me, it's good!

The 5000 and 6000 are truly excellent, yes, but the 3000 is more than, erm, 'adequate', especially considering some of the 'elastic band' things being made today masquerading as 'hi-fi turntables' and the prices being charged. Remember we're talking £425 for Dave's DP3000.

How much would it cost to import one from Japan in the first place in terms of taxes and duty, say, £100-odd. How much to obtain a decent step-down transformer (if you can't make one yourself) another £100? And how much is an (apparently) mint fixed headshell 3009 worth on its own, say, £85-100? So I make that then about £125 for Dave's deck ;)

Bargain!

Then try comparing it to your average Rega, Clearaudio, or Pro-ject, for example. Not that those decks aren't good, but the quality of the engineering used in the Denon takes it into an entirely different league.

Marco.

Filterlab
17-07-2008, 15:54
Stop making excuses, Rob. You know you want it :)..

:D LOL!

I don't think having no records and no way of using it qualify strictly as excuses, but I hear what you're saying. :)

greenhomeelectronics
17-07-2008, 16:59
But it's a thing of beauty. I bet not having records would not stop you from installing Catherine Zeta Jones in your bedroom would it now? It's the same thing. Sort of. :-)

Mike
17-07-2008, 19:13
Right!.... stop mincing about!

Dave, have you seen my PM?

I'm sure we can do a deal here! :eyebrows:

Filterlab
18-07-2008, 08:08
But it's a thing of beauty. I bet not having records would not stop you from installing Catherine Zeta Jones in your bedroom would it now? It's the same thing. Sort of. :-)

Does she require records in order to become useful? :) :scratch: