PDA

View Full Version : Don't Hold Your Breath......but....

The Grand Wazoo
20-10-2010, 23:18
I mentioned on another thread that I went to see Jeff Beck last night & that the support band featured a guy called Trombone Shorty. He has a rather staggering party trick, which he displayed last night - I found a clip of it which you might like to see.

Skip to 1'50" if you don't like Cab Calloway style 'jump' jazz.

Kq8ZqVTrOFI

ourdogmax
20-10-2010, 23:26
Be'jebus let me up for air :stalks:

Barry
20-10-2010, 23:29
I think its called 'circular breathing' - breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth. Roland Kirk could do it and sustain notes for minutes, however on the couple of occasions I saw him, I can't remember him 'topping up' his breath by puffing out his cheeks.

Clever though it is, I regard the technique as being a bit of a gimmick and its effect boring.

Regards

michaelhigh
23-10-2010, 01:14
I think its called 'circular breathing' - breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth. Roland Kirk could do it and sustain notes for minutes, however on the couple of occasions I saw him, I can't remember him 'topping up' his breath by puffing out his cheeks.

Clever though it is, I regard the technique as being a bit of a gimmick and its effect boring.

Regards

Right, Barry. I come from a classical brass background. I never utilized this technique, too freakin' freakish. Rashaan actually did this while playing three f'ing saxes... Would've sat through an hour of this to see The Man, though.