PDA

View Full Version : Regards, all:

timeltel
20-10-2010, 16:16
Hello from the U.S. midwest, have been enjoying the forum for a while, feeling guilty somehow for not registering.
Vintage gear, classic carts and music from the '70s & '80s, golden ears now turned to golden years!
Peace, Tom

Alex_UK
20-10-2010, 18:09
Welcome, Tom.

"Midwest" USA is a pretty big area (well, compared to the UK!) - 12 states, according to Wikipedia - are you at liberty to disclose which state? (law of averages suggests it begins with "I" or "M"...?)

So, tell us a little more detail about your kit, if you would be so kind? If we can persuade you to stick up some pics in the Gallery thread, then so much the better! ;)

70's and 80's is again giving me plenty to work with - I bet your favourite bands are Boney-M and The Nolans? (If you know who the Nolans are...? :eyebrows:) Go on, drop a couple of names, we won't laugh, promise - well I won't but then I listen to a LOT of crap! :lol:

Please excuse me, I've had a hard day babysitting my avatar, and so opened the wine early (before Barry chirps up! ;))

Enjoy the forum, and don't worry - they're not all like me!

Beechwoods
21-10-2010, 07:58
Welcome to AOS Tom. It's always good to say hello to a longtime lurker! Alex has said it all already, enjoy posting!

Welder
21-10-2010, 11:33
Hello timeltel

Gotta ask, how do you manage to lurk restraining the impulse to verbally leap on the nearest controversial bit of posting?

Barry
21-10-2010, 19:48
Welcome to AoS Tom.

Can't add any more to what Alex has so 'eloquently' asked. Don't worry Tom, it's the sort of friendly banter we often exchange here on AoS.

(And yes Alex, I too have opened a bottle of wine - and intend to consume at least half of it tonight! ;))

Apologies for being side-tracked there for a moment: if you can tell us a little more about your tastes in music and the system you play it on, that would be great.

Enjoy the forum - but then, you already are! :)

Regards