PDA

View Full Version : hello from iceland

runarh73
15-07-2008, 13:31
hi all my name is runar and i am from iceland
i have some old stereoīs pioneer and denon and bose and yamo speakerīs
nothing special but works for me:)
i collect music and i some of my favorite band are.. rush, alice cooper, miles davis, david bowie, sepultura, the mars volta, judas priest, marillion, nin, motley crue, john coltrane, mingus and prince to name a few...

thanks.....

Marco
15-07-2008, 13:34
Hi Runar,

Welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. Can I ask how you originally found us?

Marco.

runarh73
15-07-2008, 16:55
jebb i was at another forum and got an email from someone at this forum:)

Beechwoods
15-07-2008, 18:05
No Sugarcubes or KUKL??! Ah well! Looks like you have eclectic tastes so you should fit in nicely round here. Glad to see you here.

<
An Icelandic joke I once heard:
Q: What do you do if you're lost in an Icelandic forest?
A: Stand up :lol::lol::lol:
>

It seems that the trees in your country are very small. Is this true?? :confused:

Welcome!

Filterlab
15-07-2008, 19:53
Hi Runar and welcome. Sugarcubes, Sigur Ros, Bjork - there's so much quality music coming from Iceland these days! :)

runarh73
15-07-2008, 20:44
No Sugarcubes or KUKL??! Ah well! Looks like you have eclectic tastes so you should fit in nicely round here. Glad to see you here.

<
An Icelandic joke I once heard:
Q: What do you do if you're lost in an Icelandic forest?
A: Stand up :lol::lol::lol:
>

It seems that the trees in your country are very small. Is this true?? :confused:

Welcome!

its true heheheh, well we have some trees but i dont think anyone can get lost there..
thanks for a warm welcome and a killer joke:)
i have a pioneer rt 909 cool stuff so we are on the same teem hehehe

runarh73
15-07-2008, 20:53
Hi Runar and welcome. Sugarcubes, Sigur Ros, Bjork - there's so much quality music coming from Iceland these days! :)

hi
i like sigur ros but i think they are much better live than on cd,when the did the dvd they came to my home town and it was a killer show, i have the first 3 bjork albums but i cant say i am her biggest fan.... but its nice to see icelandic bands do well in the rest of the world...
thanks

Beechwoods
15-07-2008, 21:04
i have a pioneer rt 909 cool stuff so we are on the same teem hehehe

The 909 is such a cool machine! I'd love one but don't have the space. My 707 is just fantastic, love the sound it makes. And it looks great too! Be great to see a pic of your setup... I need to get some of mine up here sometime :)

Filterlab
16-07-2008, 07:34
hi
i like sigur ros but i think they are much better live than on cd,when the did the dvd they came to my home town and it was a killer show, i have the first 3 bjork albums but i cant say i am her biggest fan.... but its nice to see icelandic bands do well in the rest of the world...
thanks

That must have been a show and a half, there's something special about mellow tunes played live. On the Bjork front, I only have her first album actually (which I think is superb) but she's still very popular indeed over here.

Mike
16-07-2008, 19:24
but she's still very popular indeed over here.

With lunatics!.... She's completely barking! :mental:

runarh73
16-07-2008, 23:36
hehehehe

Filterlab
17-07-2008, 08:38
With lunatics!.... She's completely barking! :mental:

That's why we like her! :)

Beechwoods
17-07-2008, 17:00
Bjork was my fantasy girlfriend back when she was in the 'cubes and I was a spotty 15 year old. And neither of us look a day older :eyebrows:

Filterlab
18-07-2008, 07:17
Ahh, you missed out. She was my REAL girlfriend. :)

Beechwoods
18-07-2008, 13:55
I wondered why she didn't return the hundreds of letters I wrote her :steam:

:lol:

Filterlab
18-07-2008, 13:59
Sodding fanmail blocking up my letterbox. :(