PDA

View Full Version : Technics sl1210 feet

Vladan
18-10-2010, 19:01
Hello again.

Many Technics sl1210 owners use Isonoe feet, as recomended by Soundhifi.
Since I have a chance to get the SolidTech - Disc of Silence, my question is does anyone used/uses the Disc of Silence under 1210?
The principle on both feet is very similar, so I guess that result should be the same.

Thanks.

Vladan

Orient_Pirate
18-10-2010, 19:12
I have the Solid Tech ROS rack so would be interested in the replies too.

Has anyone tried the RDC cones? They make them treaded on some versions and I wonder if they can screw straight into the base of the 1210? You could then run RDC cone cups and RDC combi bases I guess for even better isolation.

colinB
18-10-2010, 19:21
Im sure i read a post by a member where they used the cones on the main chassis of the Technics instead of the usual 4 corners. I think he used them on a chopping block with the points going upward suppoting the chassis frame via the screws.

Tarzan
18-10-2010, 19:23
I use the lsonoes on my Techy to great effect, l can highly recommend them- plus they screw into the Techy base which is handy if you move your Techy around, l was quite shocked at the improvement these feet made,the Feet of Silence are sort of the same principle- l would certainly try the Isonoes plus they are beautifully made, have not tried the RDC feet though:).

about2
23-10-2010, 00:43
I use BBC cones-the "super" size along with Aurios Isolation bearings.

The beauty of the BBC cones is that they are adjustable and enable precise table leveling. There is a guy on Audiogon who sells sets of three but I appealed to him to send me four which he did at $130 US.

I have BBC's and Aurios under all three of my turntables. Wonderful!!!!

about2
23-10-2010, 00:51
up a spacer with a large notch in it to expose the mounting screw on the bottom of the rubber base. I used 2 inch diameter X 3/16" thick black acrylic. This fits snugly into the round recess where the stock feet are screwed in.

To secure the acrylic spacer to the inside of the round recess, I ordered four Herbies "thin" Grungebuster dots of the appropriate diameter with double sided adhesive on both sides. After inserting the spacers I attached the BBC cones also with Herbies "thin" Grungebuster dots, also double sided adhesive, of appropriate size to the now secured acrylic inserts.

It may sound like a lot of work but with the right pieces the job is easy. For the round acrylic I simply used a 2 inch hole cutter to cut the four spacers needed.

bobp
01-11-2010, 16:32
Hello again.

Many Technics sl1210 owners use Isonoe feet, as recomended by Soundhifi.
Since I have a chance to get the SolidTech - Disc of Silence, my question is does anyone used/uses the Disc of Silence under 1210?
The principle on both feet is very similar, so I guess that result should be the same.

Thanks.

Vladan

Vladan, the safest bet, order both and sell what you like less.Or buy Isonoe shight unseen because it was tested on Technics by several of us.

I am extremely happy with Isonoe purchase, it made huge difference to my modded 1200MkII (copper platter, Jelco 750D, heavy maple butchers block) To use photography metaphor, adding Isonoe to my Technics was like shooting from a tripod with good camera and good lens - everything was as before, only better.

Good luck with your choice !