PDA

View Full Version : Help fitting an SME 3009 to TD124 armboard

The Black Adder
14-10-2010, 09:21
Hello there.

I've just got a new armboard for my TD124. It's a pre-cut SME type but where do I place the base plate along the slot?

The slot btw is angled. I just need to know if it matters where I screw the plate in as there are no screw holes.

I hope that makes sence.

Many thanks
Joe

chris@panteg
14-10-2010, 09:26
I think you need the SME template ' perhaps on the Bay , this will give you the correct mounting position .

hifi_dave
14-10-2010, 09:33
You can get a template from SME or from Vinyl Engine on the web.

However, the arm sits squarely over the slot, so you don't have to use a template, you can do it by eye.

Stratmangler
14-10-2010, 09:33
You can also find what you need on Vinyl Engine.
(someone got here before me :doh:)

Rare Bird
14-10-2010, 10:22
The sausage shape cut out should be the size or fractionaly bigger than the same shape in your SME bed plate! Just line em both up drill the four mounting holes, be easier to remove the bed plate, take the rubbers out, do your holes, rubbers back in, plate back on, just unscrew the bedplate fixing each side of the plate it will just come off, or you may have to slip the can off!.You shouldnt need a template cos it should have been worked out before they machined the hole..If your unsure fit armboard to the deck how it is, get a tape measure & measure from platter centre to approx centre of cut out should be around.213/215 mm..You can get more sliding adjustment with the 3009 than you can a regular slotted headshell.

The Black Adder
14-10-2010, 13:03
thats great guys... many thanks. I'll give it a go.

Cheers