PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Hoagt
11-10-2010, 09:53
Hi there
Like playing with Hi Fi and have at present gone the streaming route.

2 Channel:

Source: Logitech Transporter modified by Audiocom
Home made digital interconnect to
Amp/DAC: Lyngdorf Millenium IV digital amp
All housed in cabinet with various home made attempts at vibration isolation control

Naim speaker cable to Neat Motive 3 speakers

Controlled by iTouch with Ipeng app and Logitech harmony one universal remote

Music ripped by EAC then up sampled to 96/24 with R8brain and stored on Tranquil Windows Home Server with 4no 1.5TB discs with duplication

Vertex Targa power supply
45A 10mm2 dedicated radial power supply
Home made power cables from parts from Missing Link

Surround:
Naim AV2 and 175
Projection design action model one projector

Next projects
Build digital interlink (from quality materials this time)
Lyngdorf has DSP with crossover and separate output terminals. Try this V the crossover on the speakers.
Get larger speakers (secondhand)
Maybe get Kirchner elektronik ATB Acoustic measurement system to set up DSP

Musical tastes
Various to suit moods; punk, Jazz, some classical, SKA.
Like live recordings and radio 1 live lounge.
Hate music which is too polished and overproduced.

Like listening to music on shuffle so get to hear what I would never have chosen when they were CD’s (some is rubbish but some rediscovered gems!).

Guilty pleasures include:stalks:: Euro pop rockers Europe, S Club7 and Petula Clark.

Rock on…

Tom

Reid Malenfant
12-10-2010, 13:44
Hi Tom, welcome to AoS chap :) Looks like everyone else is slacking so i thought i'd jump on in :eyebrows:

I'm sure you'll be made to feel well at home with your streaming setup, there are a few here that do the very same.

At least i have a dedicated audio spur like yourself, i just need to do a bit of work & i'll have my ideal mains supply :eyebrows:

I hope you enjoy your stay, all the best :wave:

Hoagt
24-10-2010, 10:31
Hi Mark

I thought that an email would come when there was a response, just worked out that upon have to subscribe to thread, hence the delay.

Thanks for the welcome!

The addition of a dedicated supply made a massive difference. You are probably already aware, if people want to emulate the effect before embarking on ripping their house to bits, you can get close by turning off all other electronic equipment on the circuit with the kit. Have to unplug all kit at mains as even in standby mode as chargers have switched mode power supplies and will also pollute the waveform.

Fridges also have terrible harmonic effects.

Your custom speakers sound interesting!

R

Tom