PDA

View Full Version : FS: Cambridge Audio C500 Preamplifier

horace
05-10-2010, 10:13
It's black.

It has bass, treble and balance controls (and a source direct switch to bypass them).

It has two sets of pre-outs.

Inputs: 5 (one of which is a tape loop). There is a tape monitor switch too.

Remote control (volume only, though the remote will operate Cambridge CDPs and tuners too - I'm assuming this applies to other 500 series components, though may also work with other cabridge kit).

In common with other Cambridge stuff, this is a simple, well-built and good-sounding pre with ordinary looks and sensible features. It's pleasingly heavy too - must a have a reasonable transformer inside, I reckon.

Perfect working order and very good condition - a few very small marks on the black paint finish, but nothing major.

Comes with remote and mains lead. No box or manual.

The last one of these to sell on ebay went for £79, so I'd like £50 plus postage (about £12-£15 at a guess).

Cheers

Martin

Reid Malenfant
05-10-2010, 17:24
Hi Martin, i'm interested :) I won't know for sure if i'll take you up on it for a couple of days though, if it goes before then it's tough titty on me :eyebrows:

However if things don't go to plan & it's not sold in a few days then we should be doing business ;)

Good luck with the sale, whether i end up with it or anyone else - that's a decent price :smoking:

All the best.

horace
05-10-2010, 21:59
Hi Martin, i'm interested :) I won't know for sure if i'll take you up on it for a couple of days though, if it goes before then it's tough titty on me :eyebrows:

However if things don't go to plan & it's not sold in a few days then we should be doing business ;)

Good luck with the sale, whether i end up with it or anyone else - that's a decent price :smoking:

All the best.

Mark, you have pm.

Why do people do that - post a reply telling someone they have sent a pm?

I mean, the recipient will know they've got a pm and no other bugger will care...

:)

Martin

Beobloke
06-10-2010, 13:49
I mean, the recipient will know they've got a pm and no other bugger will care...

I do. I'm delighted that Mark has a PM from you. :lol:

The Vinyl Adventure
06-10-2010, 14:41
we have been through this a few times... someone did come up with a sensible answer why ... no idea what it was though

Reid Malenfant
06-10-2010, 15:03
I do. I'm delighted that Mark has a PM from you. :lol:
Not half as delighted as Mark is :eyebrows:

we have been through this a few times... someone did come up with a sensible answer why ... no idea what it was though
Possibly something to do with it being known to a wider audience that contact has been made?

No idea otherwise :scratch:

Anyway, Martin knows i'll be getting in touch later tomorrow evening :)

horace
06-10-2010, 15:13
:lol:

I would just like to inform everyone else that I have not sent them a pm. Please everyone, check your inbox and post here to confirm you haven't received a pm from me.

Only kidding.

No really....

Martin

Alex_UK
06-10-2010, 20:02
I think I raised the PM announcement some time ago - the general consensus I think was that it alerts other members that someone is on the case, and also that people may not always check their PMs or have email alerts switched on.

Horace I've sent you a PM. Actually, an ex PM - he's a little Scottish fella with only one eye, I've sent him by FedEx - please feed and water him when he arrives and give him a good home?

Reid Malenfant
06-10-2010, 20:13
I think I raised the PM announcement some time ago - the general consensus I think was that it alerts other members that someone is on the case, and also that people may not always check their PMs or have email alerts switched on.
Aha, that makes total sense :) There is no way on this earth i'd have settings to email me that i have a response/responses to posts on here, my inbox would be kind of flooded :eyebrows: What with ebay stuff & emails from friends it's bad enough :eek:

Horace I've sent you a PM. Actually, an ex PM - he's a little Scottish fella with only one eye, I've sent him by FedEx - please feed and water him when he arrives and give him a good home?
That'd be one good eye i'm assuming? :lolsign:

Alex_UK
06-10-2010, 20:53
That'd be one good eye i'm assuming? :lolsign:

Yeah, I think he's mutated back into the cyclops he once was. :lol:

DSJR
07-10-2010, 08:34
One eye to four... We are truly blessed :rolleyes:

Reid Malenfant
07-10-2010, 17:49
Hi Martin, news comes early :)

I'll take the pre amp off of your hands ;)

horace
07-10-2010, 19:08
Hi Martin, news comes early :)

I'll take the pre amp off of your hands ;)

:cheers:

Thanks Mark!

Martin

horace
07-10-2010, 19:13
Sold!

I was going to edit my original post to show this is no longer available, but for some reason I don't see an 'edit' option.

Am I blind or can it not be edited?

Cheers

Martin

Reid Malenfant
07-10-2010, 19:21
Hi Martin, you can only edit up to 24Hrs after posting ;) You should have some funds chap, just payed you :)

horace
07-10-2010, 20:35
Hi Martin, you can only edit up to 24Hrs after posting ;) You should have some funds chap, just payed you :)

I see. Once again my plans for world domination are foiled!

Mwahahaha (etc).

Oh, and thanks for the virtual wonga - all adds to my speaker fund.

Martin