PDA

View Full Version : Cotes du Rhone Villages - For Breakfast!!!

Mike
10-07-2008, 06:58
That's what I'm having right now. Oh yes! :cheers:

Except it's not actually 'breakfast', I haven't been to bed yet you see :mental:

Midnight last night and I was just thinking 'best go to bed' when the phone rang. A call-out. Some scally's had cut through a 48 way fibre optic cable and I've been there all night (in 'bouncing' rain) with a contractor re-splicing the damn thing. Cnuts! :steam:

Filterlab
10-07-2008, 07:34
Sounds like an interesting time. How did someone cut through the cable? What were they trying to do?

Mike
10-07-2008, 07:43
How did someone cut through the cable? What were they trying to do?

With cutters!

Almost certainly they were trying to steal copper. And were 'disappointed'! :mental:

Marco
10-07-2008, 07:57
And a 'Villages', too, eh? Nothing but the best for Mikey :smoking:

Believe it or not, CDR tastes great served fridge-cold with Brioche. The French often drink this in cafés at breakfast. Some styles of red wine suit refrigeration and CDR is one of them, along with Beaujolais and quite a few light fruity 'country' reds, such as Bergerac.

Marco (your resident wine guru always on hand to give some tips :drunk:)

Rob, I have some superb Rosés brought back from France waiting for you when you visit :)

You live an 'interesting' life, Mikey!

:lol:

Marco.

Mike
10-07-2008, 08:06
Hmmm.... I live a tiring life. One that does not give me enough free time to finish my f*cking phono stage. This is starting to make me 'cross'.

Yes, you are quite correct about the chilling of certain 'reds' . But just right now I couldn't give a toss what temperature it is, it's nice and I'm going to finish the bottle. Then go to bed and win the 'All England Sleeping Championship' !!!

Grrrrrrrrr.......

Filterlab
10-07-2008, 08:49
Almost certainly they were trying to steal copper. And were 'disappointed'! :mental:

Ahhh, I've heard about this - £4,000 per tonne I believe is the current buy price at a scrappy's.

Mike
10-07-2008, 09:43
Right, I've had enough. I've been up for more than 27hrs and the wine is all gone.

TTFN. :wave:

Filterlab
10-07-2008, 09:48
Get some speed into you man!

Mike
10-07-2008, 09:56
Still here! :)

Just like to say; I've just scored 'Faithless - To All New Arrivals' on vinyl for 99p (Brand New) on fleapay.

Result!

Going now.........

Marco
10-07-2008, 10:07
Don't forget to brush your teeth and warm your jimjams...

:lolsign:

Marco.

Filterlab
10-07-2008, 10:36
...warm your jimjams...

In July?! :scratch:

shane
10-07-2008, 10:40
Pity it wasn't copper really. At 11kV...

Marco
10-07-2008, 11:04
In July?! :scratch:

Mate, you haven't quite figured out how much colder it is up here than down south.

As I look out the window at the moment at the bleak grey sky and the wind blowing a gale, I don't know exactly how warm it is but it ain't t-shirt and shorts weather that's for sure!

Not saying that I'd warm my jimjams, though. That's presuming I owned such apparel ;)

Marco.

Filterlab
10-07-2008, 11:23
Mate, you haven't quite figured out how much colder it is up here than down south.

Remember that I lived up in Scotland for a time - it never struck me as being particularly colder there either. :)

Hardly a vast 'jimjam warming' difference:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Filterlab/weathereastmolesey.jpghttp://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Filterlab/weatherwrexham.jpg

Marco
10-07-2008, 11:34
Rob,

Just like in hi-fi measurements/stats mean little ;)

Weather-wise, it's how you feel when you walk outside the door!

Marco.

Filterlab
10-07-2008, 11:40
Rob,

Just like in hi-fi measurements/stats mean little ;)

Weather-wise, it's how you feel when you walk outside the door!

Marco.

LOL! :lol:

Call me JC - THE NUMBERS SAY IT ALL! :steam:

Hehehehehe. :)