PDA

View Full Version : Mentality

Rare Bird
29-09-2010, 21:48
Why is it that the people that put fourth music disc onto the joe public assume that most people used DVD players in their Audio systems! I have certain 2 disc:CD/DVD packages that contain the album on the CD, the DVD has the same album in 5:1 together with bonus tracks, how the hell am i suppose to play those bonus audio tracks on the DVD with my CDP?

Stratmangler
29-09-2010, 21:58
That's a fair gripe you've got there, Andre !
Does your computer have a DVD drive in it ?
If so, this might be a useful tool to have http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/
The software is free for trial purposes.
I found it that useful I ended up buying a copy.

Rare Bird
29-09-2010, 22:01
Whats that got to do with not being able to play on my CDP the bonus tracks that are offered only on the DVD ? ;)

Stratmangler
29-09-2010, 22:08
Your CDP won't play 'em, full stop.
However your DVD will play CDs.

The common sense thing to do is throw your CDP away and use something that will play both types of disc.

Until you encounter a DVD-Audio disc, 'cos the MLP stuff won't play on an ordinary DVD player either.

I wish I hadnt bothered posting a reply in the first place:rolleyes:

Rare Bird
29-09-2010, 22:15
Are we audio enthusiast on here or what? :scratch:

Batty
29-09-2010, 22:20
I think the point the OP is trying to make is that the DVDP owner has access to material that a CDP owner does not whilst purchasing the same item.

I don't have the problem as my Pioneer 676 plays CD, DVD, DVD-Audio and SACDs, however my CD player does just that, plays CDs.

Alex_UK
29-09-2010, 22:22
Am I missing something - surely Chris's suggestion is appropriate - extract the DVD files and convert them to WAV - burn to CD, and Robert is your mother's brother? Appreciate the fact that we would prefer to have the bonus content as CD in the first place, but wouldn't that get you to a place where you could play the tracks on a CD player? :scratch:

The Vinyl Adventure
30-09-2010, 09:15
It's quite simple really andre, more people have surround sound systems than people have posh hifi's. Suround sound systems sound more exiting when stuff comes out of the rear speakers compared to the sound that comes from the average hifi in peoples homes... People buy Cd/DVD with exiting DVD that makes sound come out of rear speakers and show all thier mates... Thier mates go out and buy posh CD/DVD.
The answer to the second question is, your not, your the minority, deal with it...

The Vinyl Adventure
30-09-2010, 10:15
i know mate, im with you... it is crap, but its just the way it is, there is squat anyone can do about it.
we could see if we could get together a load of people and boycott the various record companys that have forgotten that there are people out there who like quality over and above gimmicks ... but i doubt we would get anywhere ... we are the minority

DanJennings
30-09-2010, 18:00
I like the fact that Hamish was called a bozo....
I think I might start calling it him in person

Marco
30-09-2010, 18:20
I think Andre misinterpreted the tone of Hamish's post - and I can see how that happened....

It was the "deal with it" remark at the end, which Hamish meant in a very different way than Andre took it! ;)

Marco.

Reid Malenfant
30-09-2010, 18:34
Sorry bozo but i listern quality not some shit AV.
:lolsign:

Sorry guys but i think everyone might be missing the point here :eyebrows:

Lets not get too involved with the "crap AV", there are a shed load of superaudio CDs out there with multichannel output.

Not everyone has a "crap AV" setup, some of them use bloody expensive speakers on all channels as well as expensive reference quality multi channel pre amps & power amps.

As a for instance, i buy every release from Fax Records (Germany) & a lot of the latest releases contain not only a stereo CD but the very same that has been expertly mixed by the record company owner (Peter Khulmann) otherwise known as Pete Namlook onto a CD/DVD with 5.1 channel DTS surround.

You may think it's a gimmick, but the sound is pretty amazing to say the very least & what's more it was designed to be that way by the man himself ;) You just can't imagine what it sounds like unless you have heard it for yourself, lets just say you get your front stereo image, one behind you & one each side ;) You sit in the middle of this glorious sound that envelopes you & it sounds vastly superior to the standard 2 channel CD. No better in quality, but a soundstage like you just can't imagine.

Now if an ARC MP1 is shitty AV then fair enough, but that's one big steaming pile of crap for £6000 :lolsign:

The Vinyl Adventure
30-09-2010, 19:02
I really don't mind andre calling me a bozo ...
The intent was as marco read it, I can see how it would be taken how andre read it but I don't mind the reaction really, the comment still stands. I understand the frustration and the wish to start a discusion, but there really is no other answer ... The mear audiopleb has no control over what the music industry churns out to the masses, as an audiophile there is only one solution, and thats to deal with it... Unless anyone else gas any bright ideas?

I personnaly though chris's idea of ruppin the tracks an re burning them a good idea

The Vinyl Adventure
30-09-2010, 19:05
Dan, you would be proud of mill, has has adopted te name "moondog44" for me... I have no idea why but when ever I phone the shite he answers te phone "mooondawg44" in a stupid voice... Most irritating!