PDA

View Full Version : B&W CDM speakers

ClasseAudio
29-09-2010, 00:48
I currently have the B&W CDM1se speakers. Been looking for others locally and have had no luck until today. I picked up a pair of CDM7 speakers for $400.00 US currency. The speakers are in a 9/10 condition wise and will be bringing them home tomorrow. Now I can use the monitors for surround duty. Anyone here have any experience with either of these? I like them paired with my Classe amp......very warm and inviting sound.

aquapiranha
29-09-2010, 23:20
I used to have a pair of CDM7Se's a few years ago and they worked very well with the arcam A85/P85 amps I had at the time. Very smooth yet detailed though I did have an issue with a lump in the upper bass probably due to the room really.

ClasseAudio
03-10-2010, 00:13
I think that this system will last for a year or so maybe. Sounds pretty decent when I am just running a preamp-amp-cd player combo. When I remove the preamp and just use the preouts on my receiver I lose 50% of the good qualities for 2 channel listening. The trade off is that it kicks butt for HT though. One day when I have enough room for 2 systems I will finally jump all in money wise and build my dream 2 channel system. For now I will experiment and keep trying out equipment like there is only 3 days left till the world ends,lol.

DSJR
03-10-2010, 09:33
The main man from my favourite EM band uses/used them as monitors in his studio.. i thought they were streets ahead of the cheaper B&W's too. Use them away from walls if possible and the bass should settle.