PDA

View Full Version : Arcam rDac Linear Power Supply

Audiocom AV
26-09-2010, 17:26
Audiocom now have available the TeddyrDacPS linear power supply for the Arcam rDac. This replaces the factory supplied switching power supply for the rDac.

The design is based on the experience gained with the TeddyCap family of power supplies for Naim Audio equipment, and uses the same technology.

Full details available here;
http://www.audiocominternational.com/product_info.php?products_id=206&osCsid=sqcjavo4og6emfeekoburviph6

Reid Malenfant
26-09-2010, 17:32
Hi Mark, am i missing something or are you :doh:

The following graph shows the noise level measurements of the original wall wart power supply (red line), an alternative power supply based on a Liner Regulator (blue line), and the TeddySB3 power supply (black line). The brown line is a zero Volt reference which is actually the measurement equipment internal noise . As can be seen the TeddySB3 power supply noise level is very close to the zero Volt reference.
Where's the graph? :eyebrows:

Audiocom AV
26-09-2010, 17:37
Hi Mark, am i missing something or are you :doh:

Where's the graph? :eyebrows:

The invisible graph is now visible :)

Reid Malenfant
26-09-2010, 17:46
Much better :) That's a very quiet regulator indeed ;)

technobear
27-09-2010, 21:23
How long is the low voltage cable please?

Audiocom AV
28-09-2010, 08:57
How long is the low voltage cable please?

The DC lead is 1 Metre.

Cheers,
Mark

tubehunter
28-09-2010, 20:53
Hi Mark,

I've just bought a Rdac, and very good it is. I'm planning an new external ps and find your graphs a bit confusing, is the red line displayed for the supplied ps with the Rdac or the Sb3?

Duncan

Audiocom AV
28-09-2010, 22:14
Hi Mark,

I've just bought a Rdac, and very good it is. I'm planning an new external ps and find your graphs a bit confusing, is the red line displayed for the supplied ps with the Rdac or the Sb3?

Duncan

Hi Duncan

The graph is to show the noise measurements between a SMPS wall-wart supply, an alternative supply using a linear regulator, and the Teddy Pardo power supply, in this case the SMPS used for measurement is the factory supplied type with the SB3.

The SMPS wall-wart that is supplied with the Arcam rDac may measure differently to the type supplied with the SB3. We can deduce that its power supply noise will be similar the SMPS supplied with the SB3, or any other SMPS where noise is higher due to the switching frequency.

Best,
Mark