PDA

View Full Version : Hello AoS

Theo
24-09-2010, 15:41
Lurked for a while, about time I posted...

Based in Lincolnshire, currently running 2 systems. The 1st:
Eclipse SE/SME V/Ortofon Cadenza Blue/Whest Two Phono/Esoteric UX1 CDP/Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power/Neat Ultimatum MF7. Mark Grant mains block (my last purchase - and well worthwhile).

2nd: Luxman PD272/Stanton 681/NVA Phono 1/Micromega Classic Solo CDP/NVA P50SA Pre/2 x NVA A80 Mono/Isobariks. System doesn't get much of a look-in these days, so maybe time to go.

Loads of vinyl & CDs in just about all genres, but mainly rock and jazz. The jazz thing has been my latest crusade, and trying to collect as many Blue Note/Impulse/Riverside vinyl releases as I can afford. Always had jazz from the mid-70s, now filling in the gaps from the 50s/60s. A great journey so far...

Marco
24-09-2010, 16:40
Hi Theo,

Welcome to AoS - I presume your first name is actually Theo? :)

Any chance of a picture of your systems (please post in The Gallery)? I'm particularly interested in the Luxman PD272 :cool:

Marco.

Theo
24-09-2010, 16:43
Hi Marco

Yep - Theo. Main system posted. Attic system to follow...

Beechwoods
24-09-2010, 17:05
Welcome to AOS Theo. I must admit I'm going through a bit of a jazz revival at the moment... for me the thing is Bill Evans, the pianist... his Live At The Village Vanguard set (1961) is excellent, and his 'Consecration' set from 1979 is also fantastic; bookending a career cut short too soon, like so many...

Who are your favourite jazzers?

Theo
25-09-2010, 09:17
Thank you :)
Big discoveries for me were Freddie Hubbard, all the way through to his fabulous late 60s/early 70s output (Red Clay, First Light). Coltrane, Davis, Shorter, Mobley I was aware of, but the depth of their catalogues was a great voyage of discovery. Joe Henderson and Larry Young were great finds too - and so much still to discover (Spotify is indeed your friend).