PDA

View Full Version : Uploading pics

Jonboy
21-09-2010, 21:01
Would it be possible to be able to upload photos without using a photo hosting site, ie straight from your computer files, just saves a bit of faffing around and time

Beechwoods
21-09-2010, 21:08
You can, as an attachment, but that functionality is limited somewhat. If it were free-game to upload images directly to the site without restriction we'd run out of space pretty quickly, and Marco's wallet would end up looking pretty pasty!

Sorry Jonboy... but practice makes for less faff-ness :)

Jonboy
21-09-2010, 21:12
Cheers for the reply Nick, i can see where your coming from now

Bazil
12-11-2010, 17:16
Am I right in thinking that if your paste a link from imageshack into your post you only see the link in post preview, but the photo will actually appear when you submit.

Reid Malenfant
12-11-2010, 17:22
Hi Barry, if you preview the post you should see the image that you dropped into the post from imageshack or photobucket. Well lets just say that i do.

Obviously if you are just looking at the post as you type it then yes, you'll only see the link & [IMG] tags, but from experience if you preview it you should see the images ;)

Bazil
12-11-2010, 17:50
Thanks Mark, I'm obviously not doing it right.
I'll have another go.

Bazil
12-11-2010, 18:13
Ok I've got it sorted, but the imageshack method to get the right size posted is a bit trial and error.

Reid Malenfant
12-11-2010, 18:26
Ok I've got it sorted, but the imageshack method to get the right size posted is a bit trial and error.
Hmmm, i'm not sure about Imageshack come to think of it as i only use Photobucket. Not sure if it'll be the same, but there are settings in Photobucket to set the maximum picture file size. I set that to 1Meg ;)

Just make sure you limit the pictures you load to a maximum of 1000 pixels on the longest side & they'll look fine on this site. If bigger you'll have to scroll accross to see the missing part of the picture, it's a bit of a pita is that :eyebrows:

Your new pics look fine btw :)

Mark Grant
12-11-2010, 18:52
Has anyone else been watching the progress of Xenforo for an alternative to the software here ? (when it is released in full as still in beta)

Looking at the video on vimeo it is going to be easy to insert photos that are resized etc, no faffing :)

Might be heavy on server disk space though :lol:

video for anyone interested.
http://vimeo.com/13955213

http://xenforo.com/

Mark.