PDA

View Full Version : eBay - funds on hold

CageyH
13-02-2024, 09:15
Having just sold my Audio-GD DI2014 on eBay, I see that my funds are on hold until the 15th March.
The seller has received the DI2014, and left positive feedback.

Is this normal?

Are eBay keeping the funds to make money on the interest?
This puts me off using eBay now.

brian2957
13-02-2024, 09:29
That's not right Kevin. I sold some speakers on Sunday and the funds were in my bank account yesterday. Of course Ebay in France may be different.

Hope all is well BTW :)

vinylmagic
13-02-2024, 09:29
Sometimes it's to do with how many sales you complete with them, it's happened to me before but I was actually paid in a week. It was the last time I used eBay to sell anything

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

struth
13-02-2024, 09:34
used to be only vwith new sellers or folk who had had issues before. i'd contact them

guy
13-02-2024, 09:57
Sometimes it's to do with how many sales you complete with them, it's happened to me before but I was actually paid in a week. It was the last time I used eBay to sell anything

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I had same with sale of a pair of monoblocks - when i contacted eBay they said it was standard for goods above certain value (can’t remember how much now, possibly £200+ ?) when seller had little in the way of previous sales. I think it took a week or so to sort out.

willbewill
13-02-2024, 10:41
Here's ebay info

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816

CageyH
13-02-2024, 11:00
The parcel has been delivered, 5 star feedback left by the purchaser, but they are still holding the funds until the 15th March, in case there is a problem. More than 30 days, as I got the feedback last week. They are taking the mickey, and it is probably the last time I use eBay.

I have “spoken” to customer support. They say it is because I have not sold much, as I was forced to open a new account as they could not transfer my account to France, due to their stupid rules. I have pointed out that maths is not their strong point, as the date the parcel has been received, 5 star feedback left, with a 30 day delay does not equal the 15th March.

I am not impressed with their new rules.

mikeyb
13-02-2024, 11:11
Yes it's normal practice these days, doesn't happen all the time but it can do.

CageyH
13-02-2024, 13:50
I would not call it normal. They are taking the pi$$.
How to encourage new vendors on eBay. From the date of sale, they are keeping my money for six weeks, and the vendor has already left positive feedback. A sale of €180, so hardly expensive.

willbewill
13-02-2024, 14:05
You have to blame it on the scammers who use new accounts or hunt down inactive ones.

CageyH
13-02-2024, 14:33
I blame it on eBay. They can see the guy has received it, and has left positive feedback.
They have no reason to withhold my money.

mikeyb
13-02-2024, 14:39
I meant normal as in it's what they sometimes do, I didn't say it was right or wrong ;)

You're money is safe at least.

If you're using the eBay platform then I'm afraid you've no choice but to suck it up.

struth
13-02-2024, 15:20
amazon do too. usually works out a week to 10 days until youve had a certain amount of sales. if you point to the feedback they should clear it

CageyH
13-02-2024, 16:20
I did point out the feedback. I was told my money would be released on 15th March.
They told me 30 days was normal due to my lack of sales history. It was at this point I pointed out that mathematics was obviously not their strong point, as 30 days from 10th Feb, when the buyer left 5 star feedback, is not the 15th March.

I also let them know that I would not be using their platform again, but they don’t really care.

It is just as well I don’t urgently need the money.

CageyH
13-02-2024, 16:27
It seems that they lure you in under false pretences

When will I get paid?
You can choose to receive payouts of available funds daily or weekly. Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are within 1 working day. Any sellers not eligible will have payment initiated within two working days (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) of confirming the buyer’s payment. While the vast majority of users should receive the money in their account within hours of the payment being initiated, some sellers may experience longer times due to their bank processing.

mikeyb
13-02-2024, 16:52
The bastardos, just don't use them in future.

struth
13-02-2024, 17:03
i used to sell a lot but stopped due to shitty con men. not done so for years... same with amazon.

CageyH
13-02-2024, 18:52
The bastardos, just don't use them in future.

I won’t be.

allthingsanalogue
22-02-2024, 14:17
Ebay have also conjured up a new 0.35% fee on top of everything else after the other deductions! You couldn’t make it up.

CageyH
26-02-2024, 10:15
After challenging eBay on a few of their points/comments, I am happy to report that they have released my funds today.

struth
26-02-2024, 11:49
After challenging eBay on a few of their points/comments, I am happy to report that they have released my funds today.That's good.

Jimbo
26-02-2024, 11:50
After challenging eBay on a few of their points/comments, I am happy to report that they have released my funds today.

Good result but a painful experience?

CageyH
26-02-2024, 13:24
It took a while to resolve, as eBay hid behind “not readily available” clauses, that you really had to be searching for to find.
I challenged their reasoning based on fast delivery time, and five star feedback.

The final reasoning given by eBay to justify the delay was:

The hold for this order was extended beyond 14 days because of long Estimated Delivery Date. If the Estimated Delivery Date is greater than 14 days, then the hold is extended to 30 days. However, if the Estimated Delivery Date is greater 30 days, then the hold is extended beyond 30 days to an Estimated Delivery Date of +8, which is the case for this order. This is why you would be seeing a difference in the timeframes as highlighted within your reply.

I have escalated this case and stated that this is not your first account and highlight you have received positive feedback and the tracking shows confirmation of delivery. As a result of the escalation of your held fund, I am happy to report that the funds have been manually processed for release.

I sent the package to Romania, and not the moon. I think it took 4 days to get there. I don’t know why they estimated 30+ days.
I think I may be able to walk to Romania in that time.

Macca
26-02-2024, 13:28
I sent the package to Romania, and not the moon. I think it took 4 days to get there.

To the moon only takes 2 days but your package might end up on its side.

CageyH
26-02-2024, 13:34
Or on the dark side, where it may never be found again?

Macca
26-02-2024, 13:40
Matter of fact it's all dark.

CageyH
26-02-2024, 16:59
Dark matter?