PDA

View Full Version : A big hello from John7

John7
16-09-2010, 22:40
Hello to all my new friends on this forum. I am a refugee from World Designs forum, with the same name on both. Mistake?

John

Barry
16-09-2010, 22:53
Welcome to AoS John.

When you say you are a refugee from the World designs forum could you explain? There are a few of us here who are also members of WDF, myself included but I haven't posted or visited the forum for a good while now.

To save us having to visit WDF and looking at your profile, can you please tell us about your system and also what sort of music you like to listen to.

If you have any photos of your system that would be great, but it's not mandatory.

Enjoy the forum

Spectral Morn
16-09-2010, 22:59
Welcome to AOS :)

Interesting avatar John ;) That's one way of taking the dust of your platter and cleaning records too.

Regards D S D L

Batty
16-09-2010, 23:05
Hi John, thought you may have been j7 from AO, but looking at your location I'm incorrect as usual.

The Grand Wazoo
16-09-2010, 23:10
Hi John, I too am interested in your method of cleaning records! However, I'm worried that this technique could just make everything much, much dirtier.

Welcome to the Art of Sound

Barry
16-09-2010, 23:42
Good Lord! I must be getting old - I didn't notice John's Avatar at all!

Thinking about it, from a technical point of view, I'm not sure that it is the best way to do it, though it could be the most entertaining. Well a darned sight more entertaining than using a RCM. Not PC though!

Bloody Hell! I've had a closer look at John's Avatar - is that a Technics 1200 deck? John what have you unleashed?

Regards

Marco
16-09-2010, 23:47
Good choice of T/T in that avatar, too! ;)

Marco.

P.S Tabatha (pictured) works in my dungeon. Can you guess what role she performs....? :eyebrows:

Welcome to the loony bin, John!

Barry
16-09-2010, 23:50

Marco.

P.S Tabatha (pictured) works in my dungeon. Can you guess what role she performs....? :eyebrows:

How come I only met the Gimp? :scratch:

Marco
17-09-2010, 00:00
Next time you'll get access to the inner sanctum where all the real action happens!

Marco.

Batty
17-09-2010, 01:01

Marco.

Cleaner of Vinyl ??????????

John
17-09-2010, 03:59
Welcome John

Alex_UK
17-09-2010, 07:24
Hi John, welcome to AoS. Regret it yet?!

Here's a bigger version of John's avatar - anyone tell what the record is? What do you mean you didn't even notice there was a record... :)

http://labmassiv.com/file/pic/gallery/3209_mid_view.jpg

Enjoy the forum John, if we haven't scared you off already!

Ali Tait
17-09-2010, 10:07
Hi John,nice to see you here.There are a few of the old faces hanging around.

Techno Commander
17-09-2010, 11:48
anyone tell what the record is?

Does anyone really care?:lol:

John7
23-02-2013, 22:47
Hi to all,

To suggest that I was scared off is not true, but...

I have only just seen the reaction to my avatar etc. and it is now almost March 2013, so 18 months or so since I 'started' this.

I have been, still am and probably always will be suffering from some medical condition or other.

Audio reproduction and the other when I can manage it, is what keeps me going.

Best regards to all who believe in good sound.

John