PDA

View Full Version : AOS Team Announcement - New Moderator Chris (The Grand Wazoo)

Beechwoods
16-09-2010, 06:32
I'd like to formally announce that Chris, aka The Grand Wazoo is joining the AOS moderation team, as of today...

Chris has been an extremely active and enthusiastic member of the Art Of Sound since early May 2008... indeed he joined a couple of weeks before me! And despite being behind some of the most amusing posts on AOS, he's still yet to use any form of smiley ever. lol. ;)

I'm sure you'll all join me in congratulating Chris on his new appointment.

Posted in Blank Canvas to allow member replies. Will be moved to The Noticeboard later.

Alex_UK
16-09-2010, 06:59
Oh god, the lunatics are taking over the asylum! (must... not... use... a... smiley...!)

Congrats Chris, or do we now need to call you Sgt. Chris of the First Post Police? (damn... this... is... tough...!)

I'm sure you will be a great addition to the team.

http://www.auditionsfordisney.com/home/audition/public_html/auditionsfordisney.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/muppets.gif

Only joking fellas, you all do a great job, and I'm sure Chris will do a Grand one! (not.. one... smiley... ever...?!)

Oh sod it, :)

Spectral Morn
16-09-2010, 07:28
Welcome Chris :)

Regards D S D L

Marco
16-09-2010, 07:45
Welcome to the team, Chris (A.K.A the anti-scroll king, haha)... I'm sure you'll help us devise a way of reducing the size of the banner even further! ;)

On a more serious note, as one of our most valued contributors, your appointment is long overdue and well-deserved.

The team (and AoS) will no doubt benefit from your unique and erudite insights.

Come and see me later to get measured up for your uniform in preparation for the initiation ceremony :eyebrows:

Marco.

John
16-09-2010, 08:16
Well done
Chris

The Vinyl Adventure
16-09-2010, 08:42
congratulations!... Good luck! ;)

anthonyTD
16-09-2010, 09:38
Welcome to the team, Chris (a.k.a the anti-scroll king, haha)... I'm sure you'll help us devise a way of reducing the size of the banner even further! ;)

On a more serious note, as one of our most valued contributors, your appointment is long overdue and well-deserved.

The team (and AoS) will no doubt benefit from your unique and erudite insights.

Come and see me later to get measured up for your uniform in preparation for the initiation ceremony :eyebrows:

Marco.
Dont do it chris!!! its a trick to get you behind that little door!:eek::lol:
seriously,,, welcome aboard and i am sure you will be an excelent asset to the team.
anthony,TD...

Techno Commander
16-09-2010, 11:47
Well done Chris.

Although I would be somewhat concerned over the style of uniform Marco has in mind. :)

Labarum
16-09-2010, 11:51
Just keep us all in order!

Marco
16-09-2010, 11:52
Although I would be somewhat concerned over the style of uniform Marco has in mind.

And you've got every right to be, shweety! :lol:

Marco.

webby
16-09-2010, 13:00
Congrats Chris

DSJR
16-09-2010, 13:05
Just keep us all in order!

There'll be more moderators than posters if the powers that be aren't careful :eyebrows:

Barry
16-09-2010, 13:39
Many conratulations Chris. Well deserved and long overdue.

Don't worry about the initiation ceremony behind the 'little white door'. I've met the Gimp and he's really friendly!

Regards

Marco
16-09-2010, 13:47
Given that we've got nearly 3000 members, Dave, I doubt it! Don't worry, your time will come! ;)

Marco.

retro
16-09-2010, 14:06
Very good choice guys :cool:

And Chris, you will need all the luck and whip to keep all of us under control :lolsign:

regards,
Robert

The Grand Wazoo
16-09-2010, 17:30
Hi folks - everyone's been talking about me on the one day that events conspire for me to be almost completely cut off from access to a computer!!

Thanks a lot for all the kind words everybody. I'd just like to say that I was extremely flattered to be invited to join the team, not to say suprised - when Marco & I spoke on the phone I thought he was going to ask for some arboricultural advice!!

I'm very proud to have become involved in such a great community & I'll hopefully be able to live up to expectations. I'll do my best to give it the commitment that it deserves.

Smileys?
I have to confess that I do remember using just one, once! Though Mike did add some to some of my posts immediately after I mentioned once that I never use them.

Whips, gimps & uniforms?
God, what have I let myself in for?

twelvebears
16-09-2010, 17:36
To quote Mr T....

"I pity the fool!"

Reid Malenfant
16-09-2010, 17:45
Congratulations Chris, i can't say i'm surprised & imo it's well deserved :)

I mean't that the title is, not the work that could be involved :eyebrows: Been there, done that & no thanks :lolsign:

Actually this forum is a totally different animal to the two forums i moderated previously, so i'm sure it'll be mostly pleasant ;)

MartinT
16-09-2010, 17:56
Congratulations, Chris.

We all have be-leaf in you. If the thread branches off-topic, make sure to log it with us.

I'll get my coat...

Alex_UK
16-09-2010, 17:59
And I'm sure he'll always get to the root of the problem, twig what people are going on about, and never bark up the wrong tree. I'm behind you in the cloakroom queue Martin...

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
16-09-2010, 18:09
Chris

Hope you enjoy your new position of 'Ultimate Power'
Remember your friends.

Well Done,

Andy - SDDW

Jonboy
16-09-2010, 20:45
I'm a bit busy today so have only just caught up with this thread (sorting out engines for the weekend), congrats Chris and best of luck, it's sort of felt like you have been one for a while, but now you have added powers :eek:

Rare Bird
16-09-2010, 20:46
I'm i missing something here?

Barry
16-09-2010, 21:21
I'm i missing something here?

I would have though Nick's OP made it clear André.

"Is it a bird, is it a plane, is it a Grand Wazoo? No it's Super Moderator"

Marco
16-09-2010, 23:07
I know what Andre's getting at.... Why on earth do we need another moderator when there's enough here already?

Indeed, but that's not the point though - it's not about having more people to ban trolls and slap people's wrists for being 'naughty'; it's about rewarding our most loyal contributors who put their heart and soul into our community, and most importantly of all, giving them a real say in how AoS is run and the ability to shape the destiny of this site.

*That* is what being appointed a moderator and a member of the management team here is all about, and in that respect Chris very much deserves his place on the team :cool:

There will be other similar appointments made in the near future. Maybe we should change the name from moderator to something else that better reflects the role, as very little actual moderating is carried out by our moderators?

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
16-09-2010, 23:22
............ but now you have added powers :eek:

Yes, this is true! - I've suddenly acquired the superhuman ability to run faster than a speeding pullet:

http://www.elitefeet.com/wp-content/uploads/chicken-marathon-costume.jpg

........and an excuse to stick my nose in where it's not wanted:

http://mobilizingtheregion.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/elephant_buss.jpg

Spectral Morn
16-09-2010, 23:39
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lolsign::mental:

Regards D S D L

The Grand Wazoo
16-09-2010, 23:43
All that & still no smileys!

Marco
17-09-2010, 08:16
S'up to you, dude, but why not give him a chance and see whether he 'changes' or not first (which I seriously doubt) before judging him?

Seems only fair to me! ;)

Marco.

MartinT
17-09-2010, 08:24
People change when they get a bit of authority

It's only a forum, Andre, I'm sure it won't go to Chris' head.

Marco
27-09-2010, 11:12
Indeed, and it hasn't :)

Marco.