PDA

View Full Version : F/s Fully Modded Technics SL1210

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 13:00
In part or in bits (although i would prefer it went as a whole)

Technics sl1210 painted blue

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/hamish_gill/a82744be.jpg

includes
1210 (modded - removed superfluous pcb so will only work with external psu - also has uv purple LEDs installed)
timestep psu
mike new bearing
jelco 250
timestep for jeclco mount
jeclo heavy tonearm c/weight (as well as standard one)
neglex cable
timestep mat
bruil weight
oc9 (only had since spring and havent used it a lot at all)

its got to go, because my camera has developed a very expensive fault that isnt covered by my insurance... happy happy days!

make me an offer!

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 13:03
oh, and a hard metal case

Reid Malenfant
14-09-2010, 13:11
its got to go, because my camera has developed a very expensive fault that isnt covered by my insurance... happy happy days!
Absolutely gutted for you Hamish :( I think you're putting a brave face on it chap, i'd be far from happy :doh:

Hope you get your 2613 sorted to your satisfaction after having to part with your deck ;)

Damn it must be an expensive camera if you have to sell the 1210 :eek:

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 13:15
I'm not putting a brave face on it, I'm currently shaking with panic and worry

DSJR
14-09-2010, 13:40
Contents insurance claim?

I wonder if one of the well off members here could bail you out, taking/buying the Techie for a certain amount of time and then selling it back to you when you can afford it.

Just a thought guv. It's bad enough you selling that power amp (ooh, I'd have loved that), although I fully appreciate the genuine reasons for selling.

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 13:43
The fault has come back as not covered on my insurance... This is a £3,300 camera, and the shutter is broken... These things don't come cheap!

Jason P
14-09-2010, 13:50
Hamish, how much you looking for seriously? Only wondering because I've been thinking of timestepping mine and we could conceivably swap with a cash adjustment, but I'd need to know a rough value from you!!

Gutted that you're having to do this BTW...:(

Jason

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 14:00
by my estimation it has cost me almost exactly £2000

so for the lot ... i dunno £1400 maybe... i have no idea what cobbled together hifi is worth second hand...

the problem is jason... i dont want a 1210 if i sell this one... if it goes im not going to want to look at, talk about, read about or even think about a turn table for a long time... never mind a 1210

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 14:01
its this or the power amp... basically ... someone here must want one or another of these items in thier life :)

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7678

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 14:13
isonoe feet too... i forgot the isonoe feet

webby
14-09-2010, 16:01
I'd love to help you out Hamish, but it's outta my league.

There has to be some other way! Those bloody insurance companies always wriggle out of paying don't they? What if you were to drop it down the stairs now and smash the whole thing? Would you be covered to replace it?

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 17:10
Nope coz I already rang them an they have my call on record... I do have a small amount of evidence to say that it has been a fault since I got it ... But I didn't buy it new ... I it is a fault that has been there since it was built then it's covered by eu law for 6 years... It's just proving it and if that same law applys for second hand goods... Which somehow I doubt... Seems I have found a way around the issue short term, but the impact on my finaces has put me in an uncomfortable situation longer term... So yeah... It's now pretty desperate ... This or the amp has to go asap!

Spectral Morn
14-09-2010, 17:37
Hamish PM me.

You have an Email too.

Regards Neil

John
14-09-2010, 17:46
hamish I hope you can find another way I been there wth my Super scout master reference Bloody good deck and still feel the pain losing it, the only thing that keeps me sane is knowing my next TT will be even better

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 18:22
sold
cheers for all the support

il buy another one one day... until then ill just have to live without a black disk spinner

SteveW
14-09-2010, 18:25
s'truth.
Thank god for that...I'm still hanging on till Feb, but that was sooo tempting.

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2010, 18:29
Amp steve ... Buy my amp! Go on, ya know ya want to!