PDA

View Full Version : TV stand

Pieoftheday
23-08-2023, 17:59
Do most TV's fit most universal TV stands? The type of stand that you screw the TV to. I'm looking to get my mum a new telly and the stand she has is very nice and is adjustable but is around 10years old,no pics I'm afraid:doh:

struth
23-08-2023, 18:10
they vary in size etc.. alas i couldnt say for sure but if its of similar size it might. they have different numbers so look up amazon

Pieoftheday
23-08-2023, 19:14
they vary in size etc.. alas i couldnt say for sure but if its of similar size it might. they have different numbers so look up amazon
Ta Grant, I'll pop to currys tomorrow and check things out, 43in LG £350 ish, I have the previous version and it's great, really cant understand people forking out over a grand for the same size telly?

Pigmy Pony
24-08-2023, 07:00
Most modern tellies use VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association), which has a set distance between the mounting holes, vertically and horizontally. My 55" LG and the 10 year-old 42" Panasonic plasma it replaced were just a straight swap.

If you Google VESA it'll tell you all about it.

Sherwood
24-08-2023, 07:15
Ta Grant, I'll pop to currys tomorrow and check things out, 43in LG £350 ish, I have the previous version and it's great, really cant understand people forking out over a grand for the same size telly?

You might not think the extra cost is worth it, but to say you can't understand it seems a bit of a stretch. My current 49" LG tv is great and only cost £400. However, I would have loved their OLED model of the same size which cost over £1000 at the time. It was clearly better in terms of colour saturation and contrast, but I could not justify (to myself) the extra outlay at the time.