PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Mac again.

campbell mac
13-09-2010, 15:25
Hi folks, a bit more about myself. First name Campbell. I live on the Wirral (the bit between Liverpool and Wales). My system at present is Quad 99 pre and power, Monitor Audio RX8 speakers bi wired with VDH Snowtrack, Nad 533 record deck with Denon DL110 cartridge, Faulty Musical Fidelity non oversampling Digilog dac (pity because I really like it), Marantz CD 67 used as a transport untill I get an Arcam Delta 170 in the post this week (no good without a dac), Denon TU 1800 DAB tuner, Pioneer PDR 509 recorder. Musical tastes are quite varied, from Motzart to Beefheart, Pixies, Indie, Punk, Arabic, Eastern, Cuban, Dance, Lee Sctatch Perry, Late Junction BBC, Groove Armada, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanaghan, some Jazz,lots of Zappa and lots of other stuff I haven't heared yet! I play mostly CD's and some vinyl and radio when I am looking for new sounds. Greetings from myself and I am looking forward to chewing the fat with you all.:)

Barry
13-09-2010, 17:39
Welcome to AoS Campbell.

Some good reliable gear there: Quad 99 and 909: Marantz CD67 and Pioneer tape deck. How do you find the Denon DAB tuner? Most of us here are sceptical about the audio quality of DAB, myself included, but I have to confess that I have not actually lived with a DAB tuner.

Apropos your faulty DAC, there are quite a few knowledgable members here who know their way around a DAC or two. They may be able to help you.

Fabulous taste in music. Good to see another 'Late Junction' listener. Oh and we have just one or two Zappa and Beefheart fans here as well.

Enjoy the forum

Regards

campbell mac
13-09-2010, 18:34
The Pioneer is a CD audio burner which I use to get very good results when putting vinyl onto CD. The DAB is acceptable (just) but I find that I leave it on FM most of the time. I used to play the DAB through my Digilog dac, which sounded better than the inbuilt Denon dac.. I can see myself taking the Quad CDP2 route in the future as I have been very happy with the Quad sound.

Reid Malenfant
13-09-2010, 18:56
Indie, Punk, Dance, Groove Armada, Kruder & Dorfmeister
I picked these out as i definately know & have this stuff myself ;)

Hi Campbell & a warm welcome to AoS :) Nice to have a reasonable selection of music & even i have some classical, though it's not what i'd normally listen to.

I hope you enjoy your stay here chap, it's a pretty cosmopolitan place with all sorts of people & systems as you can probably imagine
:smoking:

I'm not sure about this DAB malarky but it looks like it'll be forced on all of us if we want to listen to radio in less than 5 years. Again it's the governbent selling off the old FM frequencies to make money :wanker:

All the best to you! :)