PDA

View Full Version : Munich High End Show

Macca
21-05-2023, 13:12
Not sure there's much interest in this show here. I know it's mostly whacky-priced kit piled on with whacky and whacky-priced 'accessories' but if, like me, you like looking at kit just or the sake of it there are some impressions from 'Soundstage' here:

https://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/shows-events/high-end-2023-munich-germany

Jimbo
21-05-2023, 13:50
I have been watching it a fair bit. Thousands of videos on Youtube. Fremer did a fairly good job covering Day 1 with more to come.

Glad I am not there. Expensive to get too. Hot, very busy and knackering.

Better to watch the stuff I can never afford for free!:)

Macca
21-05-2023, 13:57
I have been watching it a fair bit. Thousands of videos on Youtube. Fremer did a fairly good job covering Day 1 with more to come.

Glad I am not there. Expensive to get too. Hot, very busy and knackering.

Better to watch the stuff I can never afford for free!:)

North West Show coming up middle of June I think, are you going to that? Free entry and its's not stupid busy (at least not the three I've been to).

Okay so the burgers are sixteen quid but they are pretty good.

Jimbo
21-05-2023, 14:10
North West Show coming up middle of June I think, are you going to that? Free entry and its's not stupid busy (at least not the three I've been to).

If I am around I may go to that one.

Macca
21-05-2023, 14:16
quite fancy doing the Munich one sometime, never been to Deutschland so that would be an experience in itself.

Pigmy Pony
21-05-2023, 14:25

Yeah, get yourself up to the NW Audio Show James. As Macca says the burgers are really good but pricey, but I might let you have a bite of mine :) We'll be there on the Sunday.

struth
21-05-2023, 14:29
16 quid!!! that'll be the day:ner:

Macca
21-05-2023, 14:32
16 quid!!! that'll be the day:ner:

It's out in the bushes miles from anywhere so unless you bring your own sandwiches you starve - and I'm not doing that.

struth
21-05-2023, 14:34
quite fancy doing the Munich one sometime, never been to Deutschland so that would be an experience in itself.

been to northern germany; hamburg which is im told completely different to munich etc... probably a bit scotland v england i guess. hamburgers were great folk, and most spoke english at least a bit; certainly better than my german lol

funny but the barman/chef in the best west said to me if the person you speak to doesnt speak some english then dont waste your time with him. he wont be worth talking to.:eek:

Jimbo
21-05-2023, 14:38
I fancy a holiday taking in Hamburg and the North German coast. There used to be chap on this forum who used to post from that region with loads of great photos.

The rather cooler cloudy weather would suit me better than burning hot Mediterranean resorts. I expect this will be the case this summer!

Pigmy Pony
21-05-2023, 14:55
funny but the barman/chef in the best west said to me if the person you speak to doesnt speak some english then dont waste your time with him. he wont be worth talking to.:eek:

Was the barman German? It sounds like the sort of thing we'd say :)

struth
21-05-2023, 15:13
Was the barman German? It sounds like the sort of thing we'd say :)

yes, he was local...

struth
21-05-2023, 15:16
I fancy a holiday taking in Hamburg and the North German coast. There used to be chap on this forum who used to post from that region with loads of great photos.

The rather cooler cloudy weather would suit me better than burning hot Mediterranean resorts. I expect this will be the case this summer!

hamburg was a great place. berlin is too... obviously both are mostly fairly new so rds are wide and the public transport all connects smoothly. the street bars and cafes are super

Beobloke
22-05-2023, 07:53
That was the first Munich Show I’ve missed since 2008 - absolutely gutted!

Still, the 135 pages of Leo Yeh’s superb photo blog kept me going…

https://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthread.php?13372-2023年德國慕尼黑High-End音響展實況報導-Munich-High-End-Show

Patrick Dixon
22-05-2023, 08:58
Still, the 135 pages of Leo Yeh’s superb photo blog kept me going…

I think I need the 'Executive Summary' version of the blog.

Jimbo
22-05-2023, 11:25
Stand outs from the show I feel were the Western Electric speakers and the IO Design speakers.

Pigmy Pony
22-05-2023, 11:58
Having heard some last year at Cranage, I'd give a pair of the YG Acoustic speakers house room. If I had a house big enough.

Jimbo
22-05-2023, 13:36
Having heard some last year at Cranage, I'd give a pair of the YG Acoustic speakers house room. If I had a house big enough.

I have listened to YG Acoustic speakers a fair bit, albeit the smaller ones and I was not impressed. KEF Blades sound way better and cost a fraction of the price.

Pigmy Pony
22-05-2023, 13:45
I have listened to YG Acoustic speakers a fair bit, albeit the smaller ones and I was not impressed. KEF Blades sound way better and cost a fraction of the price.

Perhaps if I heard some in a more realistic setting I could agree with you. But the ones I heard weren't very big, and were running in a HUGE room. They looked lost, but certainly didn't sound it. But then they were being fed by about £40k of Plinius amplification, and the speakers themselves were about £28k.

But given the choice I would choose the Blades anyway. :eek: What am I saying? I can't even afford to dream about these speakers. There were Blades at last years Cranage, but the miserable git wasn't for connecting them up, too busy pushing the LS60 wireless jobbies.

Jimbo
22-05-2023, 14:10
Perhaps if I heard some in a more realistic setting I could agree with you. But the ones I heard weren't very big, and were running in a HUGE room. They looked lost, but certainly didn't sound it. But then they were being fed by about £40k of Plinius amplification, and the speakers themselves were about £28k.

But given the choice I would choose the Blades anyway. :eek: What am I saying? I can't even afford to dream about these speakers. There were Blades at last years Cranage, but the miserable git wasn't for connecting them up, too busy pushing the LS60 wireless jobbies.

The YGs I heard were the Haileys (£40,000).

Pigmy Pony
22-05-2023, 15:02
The YGs I heard were the Haileys (£40,000).

Didn't they used to sell the Haileys at Comet? I'll get me coat :(

Jimbo
22-05-2023, 16:26
Didn't they used to sell the Haileys at Comet? I'll get me coat :(

:lol:

Macca
22-05-2023, 17:13
Stand outs from the show I feel were the Western Electric speakers and the IO Design speakers.

I've a feeling that I'd be one of the few people not that impressed by those Western Electric jobs.