PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser HD Headphone Cable - 3 metre

The Grand Wazoo
10-09-2010, 15:54
I found this in my box of bits today - I replaced my HD's quite some time ago now, but I hung onto the cable for some reason. It's no good to me now as I've got some Grado 325's
Length is 3 metres

A new replacement cable for Sennheiser HD headphones will cost you £26 from here (http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-hd-replacement-copper-cable-300cm-037974-prodid-1878.html)

If it's of any use to anyone for £10 plus p+p, then I'm yer man, send us a PM

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5205/dscf1324s.jpg

The Grand Wazoo
10-09-2010, 18:48
Sold subject to payment

Alex_UK
10-09-2010, 19:45
Sold subject to payment

Mind if I crap all over your thread, then? ;)

How do you find the Grados - I've been lusting after a pair of SR325is's for a while, as I love my SR60's, and if they do more of the same I would be very happy. Don't listen enough to 'phones to justify it really, but at some point (maybe via my Sis who has a place in Florida and goes there 3 or 4 times a year) I'd like to get some. Be interested in your observations.

The Grand Wazoo
10-09-2010, 20:06
Alex,
I love my Grados but I have particular requirements for headphones & it's within that context that I find them to be so good. This may not be the same for you.

I don't use them very much but when I do put on a pair of headphones, it's almost always for the purpose of digging right in deep to a recording because I'm interested in how it's constructed. The Grados suit this purpose well and they do it in a way that I don't believe any speakers that I could live with can do. I couldn't justify spending more on a pair of headphones and for the price, I couldn't find anything else that did what I needed them to do.

The sound is quite forward and the bass is fairly nimble & clean (moreso than plenty of other phones I've heard). I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair if I needed to replace them.

Alex_UK
10-09-2010, 20:12
Cool - that's great, thanks for your thoughts. Might not be exactly what I'd want them for but sounds like they do what I like from a pair of cans so still top of the list to try when I have the pennies spare (yeah, right!) Thanks again.

The Grand Wazoo
10-09-2010, 20:16
You're welcome mate.

Rare Bird
10-09-2010, 20:52
Why are headphones probably the hardest things to buy :scratch:

Alex_UK
10-09-2010, 21:10
Says the man with a giant head... :lol: Because they're so much more direct? Dunno, but I'd agree, especially the comfort aspect, which you just can't test for in advance. I love my igrado's for portable use, but after a couple of hours I want to rip my ears off they're so uncomfortable. No such problems with the SR60's, which is why I would like to go for the 325 as it is the same basic ergonomic design.

colinB
10-09-2010, 21:42
Chris , can i ask how you found the Hd phones?
The reason i ask is my Walkman has a volume limiter on it which is a pain.
I was trying headphones on in the Apple store and found the Sennheiser HDs to be much louder than the others and im wondering if the db/impedence balance might suit my player and help with the volume problem . Can you remember them as being easy to drive?

The Grand Wazoo
10-09-2010, 23:04
I never had any problems Colin. I only ever used them with a HFN/RR Headcase driven out of my ARC SP8 - sometimes the tape loop, sometimes the main pre out. I never used them with anything portable though, other than very briefly. I'd say they were louder than the Grados but I can't really remember to be honest.

colinB
10-09-2010, 23:18
Thanks Chris. I agree with Andre , find headphone buying difficult.
I either blow a lot of cash on the phones or try one of those cheap chinese Fiio pocket amps. I tried asking on headphones.org but they told me to get rid of the Walkman as several had done already. I just love the fact it can record iplayer.

The Grand Wazoo
13-09-2010, 23:10
This cable may well be available again.
A member contacted me to say they would like it but he has not responded to my (several) replies.
So, just to ensure that I give him every chance I can to treat him fairly, this is what I propose to do. Just in case there's a problem with PM's between he & I for some reason, I'll leave it for a couple of days & then it's fair game to all comers.

So here are the details again to remind him what it was he was interested in.

Sennheiser HD Headphone Cable - 3 metre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this in my box of bits today - I replaced my HD's quite some time ago now, but I hung onto the cable for some reason. It's no good to me now as I've got some Grado 325's
Length is 3 metres

A new replacement cable for Sennheiser HD headphones will cost you £26 from here (http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-hd-replacement-copper-cable-300cm-037974-prodid-1878.html)

If it's of any use to anyone for £10 plus p+p, then I'm yer man, send us a PM

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5205/dscf1324s.jpg

The Grand Wazoo
14-09-2010, 20:54
Deal done! - Sold as previously agreed.
Thanks for your interest.