PDA

View Full Version : Liv Zen (early Innuos) ripper/streamer 3Tb

Lawrence001
15-04-2023, 00:25
Selling my third and last Liv Zen ripper and streamer. It was released before the company changed their name to Innuos and these were renamed Zen Mini. It does Qobuz, Spotify, internet radio and loads of other apps which are maintained by an active LMS user group that recently made sure BBC Sounds worked when the BBC took radio off iplayer for example.

Output is done via USB into a DAC. It needs ethernet (which is better quality than wifi anyway) but I use it remotely from the router with a powerline adaptor.

There's a web page you can use to play it but I use good free app to control it on Android called Squeezer. I don't know much about Apple but I think iPeng is popular. Set up can be fiddly if you've not used Vortexbox/LMS/ Squeezebox etc before but I can provide support via what's app or phone to get you up and running if you're not sure. I should be able to set up and test any logins if you want before I send it too.

The early Innuos Zens were basically Vortexboxes, so its not compatible with the current Innuos software. I've rebuilt it with the latest Vortexbox software so it's up to date. The only thing that they don't seem to do anymore is album art but I'm using an app on my laptop which scans the Zen and can add album art to the folders for you once they're ripped.

It has loads of music on it which I'm happy to leave on so that the buyer can test it before deleting and ripping their own collection.

I think £250 is a good price for what's still a versatile streamer and ripper. Collection from N London welcome. If you're local or can give me a lift I'm happy to set it up for you myself.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230415/6a8bed59ffa1dcc4b03c96e0f78704e5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230415/e762414dd743890893fd2ebef2fcf883.jpg

Lawrence001
15-04-2023, 11:57
Just to add there's a potential fix for the album art issue on the Vortexbox forum but I've not tried it.