PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE......WAD 300B Power amplifier.

vinylspinner
17-01-2023, 11:47
Decided to scale down my hifi and record collection this year as I have far too much kit and not enough spare time to enjoy it all.

First item on offer is my WAD 300B PP Clone power amp, this was a really tough decision to make tbh but I have a number of very good amps and one or two need to go.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/CwGqbz.jpg

This amp was one of a small number of clones built by a group of respected members of the World Audio Design forum that included Greg, Neal, James and Tony, I believe only ten were built in total, my one is the only one built totally on tag boards, this was due to the fact that no more circuit boards were available when Tony built his.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/pmvmtB.jpg

The amp is in really nice condition and fully functional, the EH 300B valves fitted are as new, with very low hours on them, same with the GZ37 rectifier. I will also include a spare set of working EH300B gold grid valves that have plenty of life in them yet, a GZ37 and a 5687, may also have a spare 6072 that I will add in.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/8uaNrl.jpg

This really is a rare opportunity to purchase an absolutely stunning amplifier that has been kept in excellent working order by myself and my dear friend, John Caswell. It has had regular health checks and tweaks along the way and sounds wonderful in my system, quite a few members on this forum have heard this amp many times and they all really liked it.

Collection only I’m afraid, far too heavy to risk shipping but I’m happy to drive a good distance to meet up and deliver. Forum members are also more than welcome to visit and have a listen before buying.

Asking £850 ovno for this little beauty, which I think is a very fair price for an amplifier of this quality.

Please ask or send me a pm if you have any questions.

struth
17-01-2023, 11:51
nice amp nigel. glws

bumpy
17-01-2023, 11:57
How many watts per channel is it?

Thanks Chris

vinylspinner
17-01-2023, 12:03
How many watts per channel is it?

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris, around 26 to 28 watts in class A

Enossification
17-01-2023, 12:22
I wish you every success with the sale. I had one of these amps in the mid nineties built for me by WAD. I remember the sound was astonishing with so much air and space. Unfortunately this would not be a good match with my current KEF's as I would love to experience that sound again. Since owning this type of amp I have had quite a few others but none of them had the same magic.

Ali Tait
17-01-2023, 15:12
Great amp. Buy with confidence.

Gazjam
17-01-2023, 15:46
Crackin' bit of gear, and Nigel is a top bloke to deal with.
+1 Buy with confidence.

vinylspinner
19-01-2023, 07:26
Thanks for the comments everyone. Was listening to this last night, 300b valves certainly do something magical.

Enossification
19-01-2023, 10:16
In terms of pure sound quality, mine was certainly the finest amp I have ever heard. Yes it had a few issues but that sound was truly amazing. At the same time I bought the 300B PP amp I also bought a WAD KLP-1 line preamp. I really do wish I still had that. Incredible.

vinylspinner
22-01-2023, 09:43
I have received an offer for the complete spare set of valves so may consider that option, the amp would then be available for £750 collected but without spare valves. I would prefer to sell as per original advert, that’s a far better deal for anyone considering buying it.

Happy to demo the amp, plenty of nice biscuits and tea, bring your own choice of music.

vinylspinner
22-01-2023, 18:34
This has now been sold and paid for and will be going to a new home shortly.

Many thanks for the interest in this and sorry to those who missed out.

Nigel