PDA

View Full Version : You decide

Welder
06-09-2010, 15:20
Just thought I would do a quick bit of trolling. Don’t have much longer here so get it now eh :lol:

I’ve got one of these :eek:
Densen DeMagic.
http://www.densen.dk/DEMAGIC/TNT.htm

Do they work?
Bound to be a subjectivist here with one; own up now. Don’t be shy ;)
Do I use mine? Sure, even chuck it in the laptop.
Do I think it makes any difference? Hmm, well of course I’m deaf as a post and have a rubbish Hi Fi,like most objectivists, so I’m probably not the best person to ask. However, I bet one of the golden eared subjectivists here will be able to tell you :rolleyes:

John
06-09-2010, 15:32
Got one free many moons ago at some show; tried it and cannot be arsed with it. To be honest far more important things to worry about... so just chill and enjoy the music
From a true Subjectivist :ner:

Stratmangler
06-09-2010, 15:53
You'd doubtless get more benefit from one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3123&C=Froogle&U=3123&T=Module

DSJR
06-09-2010, 16:05
I have a demagic disc and it wrecked my ears the first time I used it - everything sounded worse due to the hearing being affected!!!!!

When I next used it with the volume off, I heard no difference afterwards..

Reid Malenfant
06-09-2010, 16:06
You'd doubtless get more benefit from one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3123&C=Froogle&U=3123&T=Module
I'm not sure the laser would think that :eek: That's the last thing that i would ever dream of sticking in any CD player ;)

If the lens needs cleaning then use a cotton bud & some isopropanol & do it very gently indeed once you have access to the laser (with the unit unplugged from the mains) :eyebrows:

As for the magnetic thing :lolsign: :mental:

Welder
06-09-2010, 16:14
Well, It gets chucked in the laptop and used to get chucked in the CDP on a regular basis; part of a ritual I suppose (OMG, I can’t believe I just wrote that word :doh:)
About once a month I clean plugs and sockets with ethyl alcohol and spray a bit of switch cleaner in the moving bits. Not that I’m anally retentive or anything :scratch:
I just wondered what other weird and wonderful oddities others get up to :stalks:

John
06-09-2010, 16:26
Be careful John you coming over to the dark side

Jonboy
06-09-2010, 16:50
I just wondered what other weird and wonderful oddities others get up to :stalks:

Marco like to dress up in womens clothes, dosn't make the music sound better but it makes him feel good when he's listening to it though :eyebrows:

Marco
06-09-2010, 17:23
Hahaha... Word has it, Jon, you have the legs to show off a shlinky wee number! :lol:

Just thought I would do a quick bit of trolling. Don’t have much longer here so get it now eh...

Aye right - you'll be in with the fixtures and fittings here in no time, and I wouldn't have it any other way! ;)

Marco.

Jonboy
06-09-2010, 18:08
Hahaha... Word has it, Jon, you have the legs to show off a shlinky wee number! :lol:

Indeed i do and a nice tight ass to match sweet pie ;)

Reid Malenfant
06-09-2010, 18:17
Ok then, this may be a little more contentious :eyebrows:

Anyone remember the green pens that you used to coat the edge of a CD with?

If i remember correctly the idea was that spurious radiation from the laser that managed to diffract/reflect (whatever) towards the disc edge was absorbed by the green colouring?

Interestingly enough Krell made at least one cd player or transport that bathed the whole CD in green light via a load of LEDs each side of the disc to do the same trick.

So hows about it? :scratch:

The Grand Wazoo
06-09-2010, 22:08
Do I think it makes any difference? Hmm, well of course I’m deaf as a post and have a rubbish Hi Fi,like most objectivists, so I’m probably not the best person to ask. However, I bet one of the golden eared subjectivists here will be able to tell you :rolleyes:

John,
You should try doing a search on AoS for posts by our friend Shippy - that'll make yer toes curl!

Stratmangler
06-09-2010, 22:24
Interestingly enough Krell made at least one cd player or transport that bathed the whole CD in green light via a load of LEDs each side of the disc to do the same trick.

What better way to justify the very high cost of the machine than to provide a smoke and mirrors floor show as well as playing CDs ?

The green LEDs probably did nothing sonically to the end result, but you've got to admit that the visuals did one hell of a lot for the psychological well being of the owner, what with pride of ownership and whatnot.
All that and an eery green coolness everytime the disc compartment was opened.

Alex_UK
06-09-2010, 22:38
What better way to justify the very high cost of the machine than to provide a smoke and mirrors floor show as well as playing CDs ?

The green LEDs probably did nothing sonically to the end result, but you've got to admit that the visuals did one hell of a lot for the psychological well being of the owner, what with pride of ownership and whatnot.
All that and an eery green coolness everytime the disc compartment was opened.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5K2UUaa9_NI/S3cuvosXwkI/AAAAAAAABLU/ji1FqLPpY_E/s400/Blackadder-Green-3.JPG

Stratmangler
06-09-2010, 22:50
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5K2UUaa9_NI/S3cuvosXwkI/AAAAAAAABLU/ji1FqLPpY_E/s400/Blackadder-Green-3.JPG

:D

The Grand Wazoo
06-09-2010, 23:07

Is he holding one of these?

http://www.fastfancydress.co.uk/templates/imagedirectory/green%20ears%20lg.jpg

..........surely that would be 'cool green eary-ness' rather than Chris' 'eery green coolness'?

Alex_UK
06-09-2010, 23:30
I think so - not seen them in that finish before though, are they bespock?

The Grand Wazoo
06-09-2010, 23:36
Jeez, you must be as knackered as I am!

Alex_UK
06-09-2010, 23:41
4 days at Butlins with a nearly two-year old - supposed to be a "break" - yep, I got broken!

Welder
07-09-2010, 00:02
I’ll see your 4 days in butlins with a nearly two year old and raise you a whole week at centre parks with two daughters and their teenage boyfriends :eek:

Jonboy
07-09-2010, 09:23
4 days at Butlins with a nearly two-year old - supposed to be a "break" - yep, I got broken!

Hi Alex

Did you visit Hotham Park Play area while yo were there?, i have just dug some of it up for some new equipment instalation this week now the School hols have finished

Alex_UK
07-09-2010, 12:09
No we didn't Jon, but I'll make a point of going next time now I know! (This was our second trip this year, I'm sure we will go again next year as the nipper absolutely loves it - and she was a bit less of a handful this time...)

Welder
10-09-2010, 15:49
Right, I want you all to take your hands off your phone speed dials to the local nuthouse :rolleyes:

(Erm, awfully difficult for an objectivist to admit this sort of stuff so I would appreciate minimum piss taking thank you.)
Some of you must remember cutting squash balls in half and supporting your kit on them (?)
Well I went a bit further and filled the halves with the same stuff I seal my drive units with; Dum Dum :mental:
Anyway, I was continuing my ongoing clear out project and I came across a few of these half squash balls and put a couple under the back of the laptop which sits on the top of my converted tea trolley Hi Fi rack (no I’m not taking the piss :lol: I’ll get some pictures on the site eventually)

Here’s the worrying bit; II think I can hear an improvement :mental:
The laptop runs a lot cooler but why that should make any audible difference is beyond me.

(I may not be around for a bit, gone to find a shrink. Hanging around with you lot obviously isn’t doing me any good :doh: )

Ali Tait
10-09-2010, 16:08
Ahh,the slippery slope beckons!! :lol:

John
10-09-2010, 17:43
I suggest a new title confessions of a Objectivist

Ali Tait
10-09-2010, 17:44
Yeah,or maybe we could have The Objectivist's Ducking Chair!