PDA

View Full Version : FS: Olympus WS-831 Digital Stereo Voice Recorder with DNS Speech Recognition Software

Sherwood
15-12-2022, 12:59
This might be of interest to someone here. The Olympus WS-831 Digital Stereo Voice Recorder with DNS Speech Recognition Software. I bought this to record and transcribe a series of interviews I conducted for a project I was working on. Used for about 30hrs over 1 month. I did not install the Dragon software as I already had the pro version. In as new condition in original packaging. Details of this product can be found in the link below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HH3WLUU/?coliid=I2H98DJZ0QZS8S&colid=1WRWQY6GZTT8T&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

£35 including uk delivery

Sherwood
23-12-2022, 17:48
bump....

btw. worth it for the speech recognition/transcriber software alone

struth
23-12-2022, 18:12
looks useful geoff. decent price too..

Sherwood
24-12-2022, 05:07
It served my purpose very well. It is very compact and fits easily in a shirt pocket, which is how I used it for the interviews. A very useful feature is the usb connection which slides out the bottom of the device. This means that no cable is required to transfer the audio files to a pc.

It runs for nearly 40 hours on a single AAA battery. Recording quality is excellent and the noise cancellation feature makes subsequent interview transcription very easy using the supplied DNS voice software.

Seems a shame to have it in a cupboard unused.

looks useful geoff. decent price too..