PDA

View Full Version : Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac passes asway today at 79 years old...

cube-tube
01-12-2022, 00:20
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/30/arts/music/christine-mcvie-dead.html

Extremely sad news. Thanks to my three older brothers, I grew up listening to and appreciating Fleetwood Mac. Listening to the Tango In The Night album right now.

R.I.P. Christine. You will be greatly missed by all.

rmcin626
01-12-2022, 12:48
Very sad news, a singer/songwriter I have been enjoying for over 50 years.

archiesdad
01-12-2022, 15:12
More great talent lost. RIP.

bardley
01-12-2022, 19:29
Have been listening this evening..and she had an amazing voice that am sure many of us have listened intently to with critical ears on our systems.
Songbird is one of my Go To tracks..haunting.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Andy831
01-12-2022, 21:55
The stark reality for us baby boomers is that this sad event is going to be repeated over and over again in the coming months and years as our musical idols pass across the bridge.

RIP Christine you will be missed.

Barry
02-12-2022, 18:00
Watched a very good BBC documentary about her last night. Certainly had an interesting career. She got fed up with the internal bickering between Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, so left the group. Came back after a 15 years absence and revitalised Fleetwood Mac.

As Andy has said we baby boomers are going to hear more sad news about our musical heros.

RIP Christine

cube-tube
03-12-2022, 04:50
Watched a very good BBC documentary about her last night. Certainly had an interesting career. She got fed up with the internal bickering between Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, so left the group. Came back after a 15 years absence and revitalised Fleetwood Mac.

As andy has said we baby boomers are going to hear more sad news about our musical heros.

RIP Christine

It's quite apparent the entire band was fed up with Lindsey Buckingham and his BS.

Barry
03-12-2022, 19:33
Yes, but Christine Perfect was the only one who did anything about it. The rest of the group didn't wan't to leave the gravy train.