PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone - New Member

Tannoy385
23-10-2022, 17:40
Hi everybody,
New member here.
My system has changed a bit over the years. I've currently got a pair of the first ever Tannoy Canterbury 15's (original) which were a one-off pair built for a visit by the Head of Teac (Japanese importer) in 1988. Running these are 2 Quad 303 (one per channel), Audiosmile Mk1 supertweeters, Van Den Hul Array A-1 active pre-amp, 2x Musical Fidelity X10-V3 tube buffers, Linn Numerik Dac, Bluesound Node 2 streamer. All sounds good to my ears.

Big fan of Tannoy, used to run a pair of GRF-R with 15" HPD's with THEOS upgrade i.e. same as prestige range (before GR). Had this running via an active crossover built by Nic Gorham - sold the cabinets but still have drivers and passive / active crossovers. Also have pairs of original Definition range - D700, D500, D300 plus some HPD 315's that I'm holding on to. Plus a single Tannoy Kingdom Royal (no crossover though unfortunately so just a talking piece).

struth
23-10-2022, 18:20
sounds like your well sorted;; a lot od tannoy lovers here. welcome to aos pedro. i hope you enjoy the forum...:)

walpurgis
23-10-2022, 19:27
Hello Pedro. Welcome to AOS.

Interesting setup you have there. Many Tannoy fans here, including me.

Tell us what future plans you may have for your system if any and what music you like.

Join in the chat, everybody is friendly :).

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Tannoy385
24-10-2022, 18:36
Thank you guys for the kind words and warm welcome to the group.

Barry
25-10-2022, 22:44
Welcome to AoS Pedro.

Yes, we have many Tannoy fans here as well as Quad users.

What sort of music do you like to listen to through your system?

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Tannoy385
26-10-2022, 22:10
Hi Barry,

Listen to pretty much anything apart from Dance. Range from Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, Dire Straits to Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, classical....streaming really opens up the options available. How about yourself?