PDA

View Full Version : Selling CDs

bumpy
15-10-2022, 12:39
I have over 4000 CDs and will be selling off some of the rarer ones on E Bay that I don't listen to much. So how do you keep the price competitive?

I am talking, where to buy padded envelopes, best way to mail, can I just put it in a postbox etc

And no, sorry, but I can't be bothered to compile a list with prices - its Ebay for me.

Macca
15-10-2022, 12:45
I buy quite a few CDs off eBay and they all come in by standard post in padded envelopes, never had any damaged or go missing so I think you are fine doing that.

bumpy
15-10-2022, 13:05
I buy quite a few CDs off eBay and they all come in by standard post in padded envelopes, never had any damaged or go missing so I think you are fine doing that.

Did you note if it's just a first class stamp?

Macca
15-10-2022, 13:10
Did you note if it's just a first class stamp?

No, and I've chucked out the bags for the last couple I had now. Someone will know.

struth
15-10-2022, 13:16
a while ago(several years actually) i sold films and cds on amazon, and overall it worked better than ebay. was fairly easy to be competitive buy selling at prices slightly lower than other sellers with same condition. they only give you a fixed price to charge for postage, so worth checking cost first and if its more then add a bit on.
might be different now tho but i sold hundreds

bumpy
15-10-2022, 13:21
a while ago(several years actually) i sold films and cds on amazon, and overall it worked better than ebay. was fairly easy to be competitive buy selling at prices slightly lower than other sellers with same condition. they only give you a fixed price to charge for postage, so worth checking cost first and if its more then add a bit on.
might be different now tho but i sold hundreds

:thumbsup:

Pete The Cat
22-10-2022, 13:31
Some sellers take off the jewel cases and just send the discs and inlays and enough buyers seem to go for that as long as it's mentioned in the ad.

Pete

dave2010
22-10-2022, 14:58
might be different now tho but i sold hundredsThat's an interesting point - but I guess it depends on how rare an item is. If it's truly rare it maybe won't feature in amazon or ebay lists.

i have wondered whether it's worth the bother. Round here there is an auction house, and sometimes they have boxes of CDs for sale - I don't mean CD boxes - but rather something like a veg or grocery box full of CDs. I have thought of buying those, and then selling off the ones I don't want. As it is though, my bids have always been overtaken by someone else. One time when this happened I asked what price the box went for - probably had around 60 CDs - but a lot not particularly rare, and only maybe worth £1 each. Seems it was about £80, and I was told that the buyer had spotted one or two really unusual ones which he wanted - or maybe he was going to sell those on.

Maybe next time i see a similar box I'll put in a bid for around £60 and see what happens.

willbewill
23-10-2022, 12:17
I have over 4000 CDs and will be selling off some of the rarer ones on E Bay that I don't listen to much. So how do you keep the price competitive?

I am talking, where to buy padded envelopes, best way to mail, can I just put it in a postbox etc

And no, sorry, but I can't be bothered to compile a list with prices - its Ebay for me.

"So how do you keep the price competitive?" - check ebay sold items and judge accordingly

"where to buy padded envelopes" - these are good value - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ANK4KQQ

"best way to mail, can I just put it in a postbox" - buy and print Royal Mail labels via ebay's "purchase a postage label" - yes you can just put in postbox but it's better to take to post office and get a proof of posting in case it goes missing etc