PDA

View Full Version : NEBO 13 (rescheduled)

Floyddroid
11-10-2022, 23:14
I am pleased to announce that NEBO 13 has been rescheduled due to unforseen circumstances and will take place at The Nursery Inn Hartlepool on Saturday 13th May 2023 at 11am - 22:30. Be great to see you there if you can make it. My turn for the Pizza's.

https://i.imgur.com/MZuX3VV.jpg

Pigmy Pony
12-10-2022, 05:55
I am pleased to announce that NEBO 13 has been rescheduled due to unforseen circumstances and will take place at The Nursery Inn Hartlepool on Saturday 13th May 2023 at 11am - 22:30. Be great to see you there if you can make it. My turn for the Pizza's.

https://i.imgur.com/MZuX3VV.jpg

You may come to regret that when dozens of us turn up :D I for one will definitely be there.

Swann36
12-10-2022, 06:28
Great news , will be going in the diary and as a week after the King’s Coronation should be good timing

Floyddroid
12-10-2022, 13:43
Fantastic.

Floyddroid
12-10-2022, 13:44
Great news , will be going in the diary and as a week after the King’s Coronation should be good timing

It will be great to see you there.

Ali Tait
12-10-2022, 13:54
Thanks Steve, will be there mate.

Floyddroid
12-10-2022, 14:14
Thanks Steve, will be there mate.

Always great to see you Ali. Be nice to hear that phono stage.

mik_rik
12-10-2022, 16:10
Count me in

Floyddroid
12-10-2022, 16:46
Count me in

Excellent

Qwin
12-10-2022, 16:57

:thumbsup:

Jac Hawk
13-10-2022, 09:01
You may come to regret that when dozens of us turn up :D I for one will definitely be there.

​Remember it's May not November

Jac Hawk
13-10-2022, 09:03
Of course i'm in mate

Pigmy Pony
13-10-2022, 18:57
​Remember it's May not November

:o I may need reminding in December when I get my new diary.

Floyddroid
24-10-2022, 20:48
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthEastBakeOff/?multi_permalinks=2019741051554012&notif_id=1666644157666028&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

Jac Hawk
24-10-2022, 22:14
NEBO12 was a great day Steve, particularly enjoyed all that vinyl, can't wait for the next one.

Lawrence001
23-12-2022, 08:01
:o I may need reminding in December when I get my new diary.Just reminding you to put it in the diary [emoji16]

Pigmy Pony
23-12-2022, 08:27
Thanks for that Lawrence :) Now, where did I put that diary?

sparcki
01-01-2023, 20:41
I would love to attend my 1st Nebo, so it’s a yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawrence001
01-01-2023, 22:09
Hoping to make this one after previous disappointments.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Jac Hawk
02-01-2023, 10:41
I’m looking forward to it, since Steve found the current venue (The Nursery) in Hartlepool things have been great, the place itself is easy to get to, the room is large and on the ground floor, access for getting kit in and out is brilliant and to top it all the landlord is an ex musician so he doesn’t mind if we crank the volume up and he serves a fantastic pint of Strongarm.

what more could you want!!

Pigmy Pony
04-01-2023, 12:14
I’m looking forward to it, since Steve found the current venue (The Nursery) in Hartlepool things have been great, the place itself is easy to get to, the room is large and on the ground floor, access for getting kit in and out is brilliant and to top it all the landlord is an ex musician so he doesn’t mind if we crank the volume up and he serves a fantastic pint of Strongarm.

what more could you want!!

November can't come soon enough for me :)

Lawrence001
04-01-2023, 12:16
November can't come soon enough for me :)Hope you're joking!

Pigmy Pony
04-01-2023, 12:48
:D I won't make that mistake twice...

Floyddroid
04-01-2023, 14:24
No, it's still scheduled for May 13th.

Floyddroid
27-02-2023, 04:03
Not long now chaps. Looking forwards to seeing you all. I hope the economic down turn doesn't prevent folks from attending and we have a good turn out. See you there guys.

Qwin
27-02-2023, 09:34
Looking forward to it Steve, may even drag the missus along for the first time.

Speakers are always thin on the ground, so I'll bring my Event Opal active studio monitors. They have a remarkably big sound in my smallish room, for 7" midbass drivers.
Lets hope they can fill out the room at the Nursery.:)

Floyddroid
27-02-2023, 16:38
Excellent.

Floyddroid
13-04-2023, 15:43
! month to go. Twill be a great day. Lets have a good turn out and play some great sh1t!

Qwin
13-04-2023, 15:46
:thumbsup:

Firebottle
13-04-2023, 16:14
Unfortunately it clases with a fly-in so I'll have to pass.

Have a great time everyone.

Floyddroid
13-04-2023, 16:35
Unfortunately it clashes with a fly-in so I'll have to pass.

Have a great time everyone.

You'll be missed Alan.

Floyddroid
13-04-2023, 16:36
We could do with a fresh show of hands gentlemen.

mik_rik
13-04-2023, 17:00
Confirming I will be there,got nowt new to bring along,will have to rely on "old faithfull" (again)

Mick

Floyddroid
13-04-2023, 19:35
Confirming I will be there,got nowt new to bring along,will have to rely on "old faithfull" (again)

Mick

Always fantastic to see you Mik

Pigmy Pony
14-04-2023, 07:04
Myself, Mike (JacHawk) and Macca will be there.

Ali Tait
14-04-2023, 09:35
Will be there mate, barring anything unforseen.

Halfway Tree
14-04-2023, 11:57
I'll bring the Linkwitz LX521s.

I can't believe it's been 9 years since I brought them to NEBO, just after I built them. The speaker itself has changed little other than a new magnesium lower mid driver and the implementation of the active x-over/eq either all digital in software or all analogue. There have been a few changes to the rest of the system over the years - new 8 channel DAC and new 8 channel amplification. I'll bring the analogue active x-over/eq also, so if anyone is bringing an analogue front end it can be hooked up.

Back in 2014 you could only buy the plans for these directly from Seigfried Linkwitz. After Siegfried Linkwitz's passing an old friend of his Dr Frank Brenner has kept the Linkwitz Lab website (https://www.linkwitzlab.com/LX521/LX521_4.htm) going and is now taking these speakers to major shows in the US and Europe, where they have been getting some excellent reviews (https://linkwitz.store/blog/2022/09/12/meet-us-at-capital-audio-fest-2022/).

So, NEBO is probably the only place in the UK where you will get to hear these. NEBO is always a good day (and night for the hardcore :lol:) with some great folks and great sounds.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ali Tait
14-04-2023, 14:13
Good stuff Gordon, be good to hear these again.

Qwin
14-04-2023, 14:41
Yeh, the LX521 should work well in the Nursery.
I'm bringing the Event Opal active near field monitors, knocked up some stands for the day.

Lawrence001
14-04-2023, 15:19
I've bought the train tickets for the weekend so should be there if no major disasters.

Floyddroid
14-04-2023, 15:48
Fantastic guys. Be great to see all of you again. Lawrence you will enjoy the day, its great fun.

Lawrence001
14-04-2023, 16:25
I'm sure I will those Linkwitz speakers sound like a special treat.

Lawrence001
14-04-2023, 16:27
Is anyone coming from north of the venue via either the A19 or A1?

Pigmy Pony
14-04-2023, 19:05
I'll bring the Linkwitz LX521s.

I can't believe it's been 9 years since I brought them to NEBO, just after I built them. The speaker itself has changed little other than a new magnesium lower mid driver and the implementation of the active x-over/eq either all digital in software or all analogue. There have been a few changes to the rest of the system over the years - new 8 channel DAC and new 8 channel amplification. I'll bring the analogue active x-over/eq also, so if anyone is bringing an analogue front end it can be hooked up.

Back in 2014 you could only buy the plans for these directly from Seigfried Linkwitz. After Siegfried Linkwitz's passing an old friend of his Dr Frank Brenner has kept the Linkwitz Lab website (https://www.linkwitzlab.com/LX521/LX521_4.htm) going and is now taking these speakers to major shows in the US and Europe, where they have been getting some excellent reviews (https://linkwitz.store/blog/2022/09/12/meet-us-at-capital-audio-fest-2022/).

So, NEBO is probably the only place in the UK where you will get to hear these. NEBO is always a good day (and night for the hardcore :lol:) with some great folks and great sounds.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I thought the Linkwitz Minis you brought a couple of years ago sounded fantastic, and look forward to hearing what the LX521s can do in that room :)

And I'm sure the analogue active crossover will be of interest to those of us with vinyl front ends. i know I will :)

Macca
15-04-2023, 08:21
I'm sure I will those Linkwitz speakers sound like a special treat.

They are!

mik_rik
15-04-2023, 10:36

I live close to the A19 ,if you need a lift.

Lawrence001
15-04-2023, 12:04
I live close to the A19 ,if you need a lift.Thanks I'll PM you

Floyddroid
26-04-2023, 18:42
IMPORTANT URGENT NOTICE! Please read.
Due to unforeseen circumstances it may be necessary to postpone NEBO 13 as we need to find a new venue ASAP. Please spread the word and please watch this space. I intend to start searching for a venue in the North East if anyone has any suggestions please get in touch.

Qwin
26-04-2023, 19:53
OK Steve, I've told Gordon Watson. :(

Floyddroid
26-04-2023, 21:02
OK Steve, I've told Gordon Watson. :(

Thanks Ken. I'll get in touch with Mike.

Floyddroid
27-04-2023, 19:33
URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT!

NEBO 13 will take place on the same date as originally planned on May 13th at 10am - 22:30. The venue is Billingham Synthonia club. Please find the co-ordinates are in the picture below. Thank you for your patience at this stressful time. My apologies to those who have arranged local accommodation. There is an alternative at Wolviston which some of you have stayed at before. It is a short taxi ride to the Synthonia club. I will provide updates as i get them. Lets make it a good one as always chaps

https://i.imgur.com/EiSqYK3.jpg

mik_rik
27-04-2023, 21:00
Got that Steve,
doesn't look too difficult to find.
Will see you there

Floyddroid
27-04-2023, 21:51
Excellent. Great stuff Mik. Please see the new thread...

I have started a new thread to share information about NEBO 13 (North East Bake Off) which due to unfortunate circumstances could not be held at the previously arranged venue. It will now be held at the Billingham Synthonia club on Teesside (see details in the image below). Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further information via the NEBO Facebook page (Messenger) or email me at stevep@progzilla.com
Please accept my profound apology for any inconvenience though necessary changes were brought about by matters beyond my control. For those who may need to rearrange accommodation there is a Premier Inn at Cole Lane, Wolviston which is only a short taxi ride away. Billingham Railway station is a ten minute walk and there is ample parking and easy loading facilities. I plan to visit and gather more information on Saturday 29th April and will post updates here and the NEBO Facebook page as i gather more facts. I hope this doesn't deter anyone from making the journey. NEBO has a history of adapting to new surroundings and rising to the challenges they present. Can i ask for another show of hands just so i have an idea of who will be coming and what equipment you intend to bring. See you down there!

Qwin
28-04-2023, 07:26
I know it's on the poster, but I think its worth pointing out its the Synthonia Cricket Club.
As there are other Synthonia Clubs in the vicinity.

Floyddroid
28-04-2023, 13:34
Yes there is the Synthonia Suites and the bowling club too. I refer to the cricket club gentlemen.

Mowgli
28-04-2023, 17:45

Hi Lawrence, I will be coming from Cramlington, happy to pick you up on the way, please drop me a PM to make arrangements.

Floyddroid
30-04-2023, 09:47
A quick update gentlemen. I visited the Synthonia cricket club on 29:04:2023. I met with Norma who is the link person for the hiring of the room and facilities. I was joined by fellow Neboite Gordon Halftree to give a second opinion on the room. We both agreed that although it is on the large side we can work with it. The cricket club fulfils 80%-90% of our criteria which is more than we can expect given the short notice of having to find a new venue.
The Synthonia club like our previous venue doesn’t provide food so I intend to visit the surrounding area seek out food options like Pizza delivery, food shops, cafe’s etc. Norma has no problem with us taking in our own food. There looked to be a reasonable choice of ale and booze. Pumps for John Smiths, Bier Morreti, Strongbow cider (original and dark fruit) are available. We didn’t sample them on this occasion but the bars look well kept. Indeed, the club looks very well kept in general and well situated for music reproduction.
The car park will be locked overnight and Norma said she is willing to come in on Sunday morning to open the room to enable us to remove equipment left overnight. A very kind thing to do methinks. For those staying overnight in motorhomes there is limited space just outside the gates. For those wishing to leave their vehicles overnight the car park is monitored with CCTV hence those with motorhomes being asked to park off site as any movements may trigger alarms. Please keep your eyes peeled here for further updates.

Steve

Qwin
30-04-2023, 10:28
Re motorhome
Means yet another NEBO that I can't have a drink. :(
Dodgy place to leave the van, but just enough space, either side of the gates, so places for two vans.
Trouble is, its to far to carry the gear to there, so will have to load up in the car park then go out and reverse into a tight spot, so no drinking.
If that's the case, may as well drive further to a better spot.
Damn, would have been so easy if we could have used their car park.
Oh well, will just have to deal with it.

Pigmy Pony
30-04-2023, 10:41
Re motorhome
Dodgy place to leave the van, but just enough space, either side of the gates, so places for two vans.
Trouble is, its to far to carry the gear to there, so will have to load up in the car park then go out and reverse into a tight spot, so no drinking.

Ken, I have a nearly-new sack truck I could bring with me, and I'm also quite good at carrying heavy stuff. Always a solution, you just have to ask :)

struth
30-04-2023, 10:47
Re motorhome

bring a designated driver with you and get pissed mate:)

Qwin
30-04-2023, 10:58
Thanks Steve, I have a sack truck as well, but its a fair distance, best part of 100m.
A lot of back and forth trips across a rough car park, wont do the gear much good, vibration wise.
I have to think about this.

Qwin
30-04-2023, 11:02
bring a designated driver with you and get pissed mate:)
Would if I could Grant, but the missus had a new shoulder joint recently and even more recently, a plate in the other side where she fell down the stairs and broke her collar bone into three, so she isn't driving yet. :rolleyes:

Pigmy Pony
30-04-2023, 11:13
Perhaps we could use my Vito van to move your stuff from the motorhome to the venue on the morning, then back again the next morning.

struth
30-04-2023, 11:18
Would if I could Grant, but the missus had a new shoulder joint recently and even more recently, a plate in the other side where she fell down the stairs and broke her collar bone into three, so she isn't driving yet. :rolleyes:

what a shame for her. she's been in the wars..

Macca
30-04-2023, 11:44
Thanks Steve, I have a sack truck as well, but its a fair distance, best part of 100m.
A lot of back and forth trips across a rough car park, wont do the gear much good, vibration wise.
I have to think about this.

Don't mind mucking in mate if it helps. I can't do much useful but carrying stuff is inside my pay grade.

Qwin
30-04-2023, 13:16
I've decided what to do.
I'll unload/load in the car park.
At the end of the night I'll drive to a spot nearby.

Pigmy Pony
30-04-2023, 15:53
Ken, we're all looking at ways to enable you to have a proper booze up. You may be wondering why? :eyebrows: Might be your aftershave...

Qwin
30-04-2023, 15:57
Ken, we're all looking at ways to enable you to have a proper booze up. You may be wondering why? :eyebrows: Might be your aftershave...

:rfl: