PDA

View Full Version : What is it with TEAC?

stonehenge
05-10-2022, 12:30
TEAC seemed to be almost impossible to deal with in getting spare parts. I have requested support and they gave me two service companies (Servicecare and SONTEC) who both say they will not deal with TEAC saying that they are impossible to get spares and parts from. Seems very strange to me.

All I need is a spare drive belt for my excellent TN 570 rim drive Turntable that I really like. It is a great sounding deck and built well, with innovation, with a good quality tone arm.

I am pretty sure, on investigation, that the Fluance RT85 has the same basic architecture and the same belt will fit; but they will not ship to the UK. To their credit, they have supplied the measurements for their belt (915mm length, 912mm internal dia, 4.5mm width etc).

Looks like I might need to look for a belt that is a close match.

Jac Hawk
05-10-2022, 16:12
Teac like many HIFI firms aren't what they used to be, spares especially for older discontinued decks and from a manufacturer that isn't well known as a TT manufacturer are going to be all but impossible to get, finding out the exact measurements and getting a close match may be the only way, looking on ebay Teac spares for turntables are all but non-existent, and probably because it's not such a popular brand of turntable (not saying it isn't any good) there aren't any after market manufacturers selling either.

hifi_dave
05-10-2022, 16:31
Another great company gone to the dogs.

They used to make wonderful products and the service was very efficient.

Macca
05-10-2022, 19:08
TEAC seemed to be almost impossible to deal with in getting spare parts. I have requested support and they gave me two service companies (Servicecare and SONTEC) who both say they will not deal with TEAC saying that they are impossible to get spares and parts from. Seems very strange to me.

All I need is a spare drive belt for my excellent TN 570 rim drive Turntable that I really like. It is a great sounding deck and built well, with innovation, with a good quality tone arm.

I am pretty sure, on investigation, that the Fluance RT85 has the same basic architecture and the same belt will fit; but they will not ship to the UK. To their credit, they have supplied the measurements for their belt (915mm length, 912mm internal dia, 4.5mm width etc).

Looks like I might need to look for a belt that is a close match.

You could get the belt shipped to someone in Canada and then they could send it on to you. If you know someone in Canada.

Lawrence001
06-10-2022, 16:23
I bought third party belts for Phillips transports in the past in eBay. Worth checking out.

mikeyb
06-10-2022, 17:50
Totally Extinct Audio Crap [emoji6]

Jac Hawk
08-10-2022, 07:26
The thing is Teac probably didn’t make the belt in the 1st instance, they would have bought it from a supplier like the other components, much the same as car manufacturers buy in component’s and assemble a finished product, like classic cars the supply of spare parts is always a concern, some popular classics are easy to get parts for and some are all but impossible, Teac definitely falls into the 2nd category