PDA

View Full Version : Avance Concrete 200 MKII's

dantheman91
18-08-2022, 18:46
Hi All

Rather rare so collecting them tomorrow Danish heritage has anyone owned a pair the company started in 1973 and this series was good :):) found few bits online but this these specific ones

The first one on the left from this photo are the 200's https://onlinestores.discountsale2022.ru/content?c=avance%20concrete%20h%C3%B8jtalere&id=2

Worth a punt for beer money :eek: think they are 40kg

http://www.avance-audio.dk/c162.html

Pigmy Pony
19-08-2022, 05:57
:eek: Wow, surely a misprint or something! Where are they coming from? Is that price per pair? It says free shipping over $38, which given their weight seems too good to be true, so might it be cheaper to buy 2 pairs at that price. Really interested to see how you get on...

Did you find any other info on them? No matter, at that price they have to be worth a punt.

AJSki2fly
19-08-2022, 07:39
I remember reading about them when they were a thing, from what I remember they were considered to be rather good. I suspect the inertness of the cabinets helps greatly to get clarity and definition, much like the famous Wilsons and Rockport speakers, both very heavy with little cabinet colouration.

It will be very interesting to know how you find them.

Beobloke
19-08-2022, 11:45
I remember reading about them when they were a thing, from what I remember they were considered to be rather good. I suspect the inertness of the cabinets helps greatly to get clarity and definition, much like the famous Wilsons and Rockport speakers, both very heavy with little cabinet colouration.

It will be very interesting to know how you find them.

F**king heavy, I'm guessing!

They are indeed a blast from the past and a bit of a rarity. Do keep us posted with pictures.

dantheman91
19-08-2022, 14:44
Hi All

I passed in them in the end the foams for the surrounds on the bass units were rotted though looks like they can be sourced the plan was to plug an play not buy and store as space in a issue damn right they were super heavy would have been a nice project but needs must unfortunately

Who knows what comes up next always a next time for hunting never say never

Lawrence001
19-08-2022, 19:45
:eek: Wow, surely a misprint or something! Where are they coming from? Is that price per pair? It says free shipping over $38, which given their weight seems too good to be true, so might it be cheaper to buy 2 pairs at that price. Really interested to see how you get on...

Did you find any other info on them? No matter, at that price they have to be worth a punt.I'm assuming that website is a scam it has a .ru URL. Dan must have just included it to show a photo of the speakers. I hope!!

Pete The Cat
10-09-2022, 11:24
...and none of the site's links such as About Us or FAQ work. As the saying goes, if something feels too good to be true...