PDA

View Full Version : Hot weather and irritable drivers

Barry
24-07-2022, 12:48
Popped down to the local (Co-op) petrol station to fill up. I don't know if it was due to the small price reduction to 191.9p, but there were queues for all three ranks of pumps. When this happens, often the cars can queue back out onto the main road, but when I arrived there was just about room for me to be off-road, and I nosed up as close as I could, so any car behind me could also be off the main road.

Filled up and went into pay, and at the same time picked up a loaf of bread. There was only one person on the till, and I joined a short queue of four people to pay.

When I returned to my car, I smiled at the driver in the car behind me only to be greeted by someone (not sure if it was the same car) honking their horn in annoyance. :mental:

Why don't people just learn to be patient? :scratch:

Pigmy Pony
24-07-2022, 14:12
It seems to be the nature of today's society that people need to be either at point a or point b, and do not give themselves time for the in between part. All you can do really is remain polite, confrontation can turn bad very quickly, and you really don't know what they are prepared to do be the victor.

It might just be that he thought you were making him wait while you did some shopping...

Lawrence001
24-07-2022, 16:10
Well if the garage also sell groceries what do people expect you to do when you're in there?

Pigmy Pony
24-07-2022, 17:42
It's all wrong, they shouldn't be selling groceries in the first place. That should be left to grocers shops.

A couple of years ago I went to a local Morrisons for fuel. It had been 'refurbished' since my last visit. Outside the shop/kiosk were several parking bays, then next nearest was 'pay @ pumps', then furthest away were the pumps where you have to walk all the way past the other pumps and parking bays to pay in the shop.

The @pay @ pump' I stopped at wasn't working properly and I had to go in the shop, where they had one cashier serving a short queue of people with baskets of groceries.

Whoever thought that lot up should be sacked.

struth
24-07-2022, 17:48
It's all wrong, they shouldn't be selling groceries in the first place. That should be left to grocers shops.

A couple of years ago I went to a local Morrisons for fuel. It had been 'refurbished' since my last visit. Outside the shop/kiosk were several parking bays, then next nearest was 'pay @ pumps', then furthest away were the pumps where you have to walk all the way past the other pumps and parking bays to pay in the shop.

The @pay @ pump' I stopped at wasn't working properly and I had to go in the shop, where they had one cashier serving a short queue of people with baskets of groceries.

Whoever thought that lot up should be sacked.

only shop ive been in since covid is a garage m and s fairly local; ie about 6/7 miles away. its small enough to be fairly quite when i go and it has a disabled bay next to door and is small enough i can hobble round some of it.

Lawrence001
24-07-2022, 19:05

Whoever thought that lot up should be sacked.So is it still a garage that sells groceries or did they turn it into a grocers that sells fuel? All the grocery shoppers were probably equally upset about the pesky drivers in front of them just paying for fuel.

Macca
24-07-2022, 19:35
problem easily solved by hiring more work-Geordies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at93hNaptOM

Barry
24-07-2022, 20:53
Every petrol station I have ever visited sells items other than just the fuel, even if it is only for cars: oil; windscreen wash; car shampoo, etc.

Mikeandvan
24-07-2022, 21:11
See if there's a fight club near you, and if it happens again, mash the bastard up, proper.
ps Due to the first rule of fight club, 'seeing if there's one near you' might be an issue, alternatively join a martial arts class.

Macca
24-07-2022, 21:22
Just keep a machete under the driver's seat.

Mikeandvan
24-07-2022, 21:25
Just keep a machete under the driver's seat.

That's more of a London thing.

Lawrence001
24-07-2022, 22:59
That's more of a London thing.More of a Birmingham thing I think.